Bundesliga 2023-24 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Kroos is retiring from football after Euro 2024

At first, I thought it was just NT but would an epic way out to go with Madrid winning CL and possibly Germany winning a EURO

- - - Updated - - -

Thought he still had a good 3-4 years in him tho
yeah he should come to juve, get us back to the top á la pirlo, then retired after a lost cl final :snoop:

anyway, not only us thought that the retirement was early:

:lol3:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's almost irrelevant what he did at Burnley, it's a completely different club with different objectives. It's a surprise choice but he's going to have the best squad in the league at his disposal.

We have no idea how he's going to do. At Burnley with a very good squad in the Championship he played a modern and aggressive attacking game like his tutor Pep and they dominated. Obviously going up to the PL it's then a poor squad relative to the rest of the league, and he didn't really try to change his philosophy, so they tried to do the same with less quality and far less of the ball and were found out. But this doesn't matter for Bayern as they will dominate most teams they play against so it could work. It's really whether the players buy into him as a coach, getting the best out of them, and whether he can show some tactical flexibility when it's needed.

And as has been speculated already, if it doesn't work they'll replace him in 6month/a year with any one of the coaches who will be available.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
I dont know what kind of a job Kompany will do. But it would be hard for Kompany to not be an upgrade over Tuchel.

Tuchel literally was breaking records and achieving things that they haven't done in 10-20 years. Every week I'd read something about Bayern doing something they havent dont since 2003 or something like that lol. I read an entire thread on it and it was pretty funny.

From the day he took over for Nagelsmann (which wow, what a horrendous decision that was), he was a disaster. Tuchel leaving with be addition by subtraction.

Bayern are still Bayern. Despite the "FC Hollywood" moniker that they've certainly lived up to over the past 2 years, they're still an extremely well run machine with great talent all over the place. It's harder to screw it up as bad as Tuchel did than it is to win there.

Kompany is perfectly set up to take over a team that is down right now that everyone is kicking, and if he just does an average job, people will be comparing him to Alonso and calling him one of the best young coaches in the game.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I really don't want Bruno here can't stand him.. But so is it with a lot of players before they join your own club.

Robben, Ribery, Mandzukic, Vidal etc comes to mind. I probably also wouldn't like Lewandowski one bit if he didn't join us back then.

Kompany new Bayern manager? That's a choice that takes guts.

He's quite the character too, not the easiest of personalities. But I have to say, one of the few former players I actually deeply respect as a person.

- - - Updated - - -

Kompany :lol:

Bayern making Jj decisions these days.

Anyway, it just seems like he’s a placeholder until they go for Klopp in the 25/26 season.
Kompany is not a bad choice.

It's basically Xabi Alonso light. He'll do well at Bayern, simply because he has the players that are able to perform what he wants them to. I'd say it's the opposite of a Jj decision too, because it actually involves outlining what result you want to achieve.

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost irrelevant what he did at Burnley, it's a completely different club with different objectives. It's a surprise choice but he's going to have the best squad in the league at his disposal.

We have no idea how he's going to do. At Burnley with a very good squad in the Championship he played a modern and aggressive attacking game like his tutor Pep and they dominated. Obviously going up to the PL it's then a poor squad relative to the rest of the league, and he didn't really try to change his philosophy, so they tried to do the same with less quality and far less of the ball and were found out. But this doesn't matter for Bayern as they will dominate most teams they play against so it could work. It's really whether the players buy into him as a coach, getting the best out of them, and whether he can show some tactical flexibility when it's needed.

And as has been speculated already, if it doesn't work they'll replace him in 6month/a year with any one of the coaches who will be available.
If you manage to look beyond people making fun of you, it's actually very smart move by Bayern. There's little risk involved after their disaster of a season and if it works well they might have the next Pep for the next few years.

Which is why Bayern right now are, unlike us, an intelligent club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)