Bundesliga 2023-24 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
For all you regular Bundesliga watchers..

Is Alonso’s Leverkusen as good as its made out to be? Or just a team that got outrageously lucky?

Also, what are usual tactics like? The numbers don’t reflect him being a crazy offensive coach like Gasp or De Zerbi so i’m going to assume he’s very balanced, but unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
For all you regular Bundesliga watchers..

Is Alonso’s Leverkusen as good as its made out to be? Or just a team that got outrageously lucky?

Also, what are usual tactics like? The numbers don’t reflect him being a crazy offensive coach like Gasp or De Zerbi so i’m going to assume he’s very balanced, but unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're a very well coached team where xabi puts trust in his players and each other. They're not necessarily based on possession, they can defend and counter, and dominate opponents as well as each other.
Ita definitely not by luck they've done as well as they have, they've been so consistent all season and a team that certainly believes and plays till the very end having won a number of games in the dying minutes, the Europa game vs sheriff comes to mind.

You'd think a team that has xhaka running the midfield shouldn't be as good as they are but again that's testament to Xabi's trust in his players and coaching ability.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
Bayern new coach interviews be like

grandpa-abe-exit.gif
I feel like no coach wants the job because behind the scenes they know they're going to land a big fish in the summer of 2025 --- they know there is a good chance it's a 1 year gig.

Who wants to take a 1 year, 2 years tops, stopgap job with no chance at a long term project?

I could 100% see someone like Klopp taking that job in 2025. This could be an old guard situation with Uli Hoeneß and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge running the show behind the scenes and having a verbal agreement in place and vetoing names like De Zerbi and Nagelsmann. It's why a short term solution like Rangnick post-Euros made perfect sense.

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Tuchel: "I told the guys to stop scoring after the 7th minute to make sure De Zerbi or whoever is taking over next season won't get a chance to equalise my trophy tally with the Supercup"

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
It all could be different if Neuer didnt choke vs Real.

PS Im kinda surprised Bayern never had an unbeaten season in Bundesliga.
Yeah, we could’ve won our 7th, but it wasn’t meant to be. Typical Real Madrid.

Regarding the unbeaten season, it tells you that even though we have dominated the Bundesliga to the extreme, we still managed to find ways to let that record slip. Both times in 12-13 and 19-20, it was Leverkusen we lost to lol.

Kevster

Feb 9, 2024
@BayernFan Who would be the player to play behind kane in bayern's 4231? Muller is past it and Musiala has the close control but I just don't see the passing or decision making there.

Honestly I think
--------------------Kane---------------------------
Musiala--Bruno Fernandes--Chiesa

would have been a great front 4, but now that allegri is gone I think chiesa will stay

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
@BayernFan Who would be the player to play behind kane in bayern's 4231? Muller is past it and Musiala has the close control but I just don't see the passing or decision making there.

Honestly I think
--------------------Kane---------------------------
Musiala--Bruno Fernandes--Chiesa

would have been a great front 4, but now that allegri is gone I think chiesa will stay
I really don't want Bruno here can't stand him.. But so is it with a lot of players before they join your own club.

Robben, Ribery, Mandzukic, Vidal etc comes to mind. I probably also wouldn't like Lewandowski one bit if he didn't join us back then.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I really don't want Bruno here can't stand him.. But so is it with a lot of players before they join your own club.

Robben, Ribery, Mandzukic, Vidal etc comes to mind. I probably also wouldn't like Lewandowski one bit if he didn't join us back then.
No news on the coach front? No Italian manager for Bayern?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Kroos is retiring from football after Euro 2024

At first, I thought it was just NT but would an epic way out to go with Madrid winning CL and possibly Germany winning a EURO

- - - Updated - - -

Thought he still had a good 3-4 years in him tho

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Kroos is retiring from football after Euro 2024

At first, I thought it was just NT but would an epic way out to go with Madrid winning CL and possibly Germany winning a EURO
One of the greatest midfielders of all time, his passing is out of this world.

Why we ever sold this guy, it was one of the biggest brainfarts in the 21st century.

- - - Updated - - -

Kompany or Thomas Frank to be the new Bayern coach :shifty::klin:

https://x.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1792861504200425690

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)