Bundesliga 2023-24 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
Disagreed, he’s solid as hell and Mbappe was in his pocket the entire game against PSG.

But he wouldn’t get the needed game time here as things stands, which is a shame imo.

You can disagree, but clearly Bayern/Tuchel dont feel the same way, otherwise he'd just step in for Pavard.

Again, I think he's a decent talent. He may have played well for PSG (I dont remember, I mostly remember de Ligt & Upamecano in those matches), but I also remember him getting abused in the match vs Dortmund when they scored the goal in the last seconds to draw 2-2.

He needed to leave to go play regularly and prove he's capable of contributing at Bayern. Until then, he's Padoin/De Sciglio type depth for Bayern in my eyes.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 12, 2004
Lothar Matthaus predicts Thomas Tuchel will lose the Bayern Munich dressing room
Looks like the “sacked by October” meme is really getting around.

1627733065.0.jpg
Photo by Stefan Matzke - sampics/Corbis via Getty Images

When Thomas Tuchel erupted in frustration following his side’s defeat to RB Leipzig in the DFL-Supercup, the whole world was listening. The coach had no explanation for his team’s performance, making numerous inflammatory accusations at his players. According to Lothar Matthaus, the Bayern Munich squad will not take his statements kindly.

Writing for his column on Sky (via Sport Bild), Matthaus states that,there were very critical statements by the coach after the game. They reminded me of last season. I am sure that this will cause a lack of understanding and shaking of the pros’ heads.”

Tuchel had gone on to say that Harry Kane “probably thinks” the team hadn’t trained for the last four weeks (via @iMiaSanMia).
“If he’s not careful,” writes Matthaus, “he won’t get through the dressing room as he should. This can quickly become dangerous for him. Overall, I was very surprised by his statements.”

The ex-Ballon d’Or winner also criticized Tuchel’s decision to let Kane play at all. At least the striker had more success in his subsequent game against Werder Bremen, where he scored and assisted from his first start.

Still, Tuchel has a lot left to do if he wants to get the most out of Kane, and this isn’t the first time we’ve heard rumblings of potential discontent behind the scenes at Bayern Munich. Other players like Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka apparently have their issues with the coach, and there’s always Thomas Muller’s situation to consider.

Lothar Matthaus may have some iffy takes, but he is very much “plugged in” as far as his sources inside the team are concerned.

Is Tuchel going to last? Well you should go ahead and discuss that below. or maybe check out our newest podcast episode, where we discuss this very thing in-depth, along with several other major topics from the week. Listen to it below or on Spotify.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Bayer are looking good so far
saw their opening game vs leipzig last weekend, it was a good match and xabi alonso deserves all credit for creating a solid team. they were ruthless in front of goal. a few interesting players too. it looked like boniface had zero issues adapting, just saw that he scored two today, he's definitely one to watch

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Kane is exactly what we needed and why we went all in to get him, the goal to 3-0 wouldn't have been scored last year. A real strikers positioning and finish.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Kane is exactly what we needed and why we went all in to get him, the goal to 3-0 wouldn't have been scored last year. A real strikers positioning and finish.

looking at the 3:1 goal, I can also see that MdL was exactly what u needed ;)

- - - Updated - - -

jokes aside, happy for Kane and Bayern, this third goal really reminds so much of Lewandowski scoring for you.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
looking at the 3:1 goal, I can also see that MdL was exactly what u needed ;)
Look who is playing their striker onside, same guy who gave away the ball. Yes, it’s Upamecano.

De Ligt just came back from an injury, he wasn’t even a starter in our two latest games. Hopefully it will be him and Kim who will make up our CB pairing.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Look who is playing their striker onside, same guy who gave away the ball. Yes, it’s Upamecano.

De Ligt just came back from an injury, he wasn’t even a starter in our two latest games. Hopefully it will be him and Kim who will make up our CB pairing.
how is Kim doing so far?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
how is Kim doing so far?
He has been a little shaky, but nothing alarming thus far. Generally he has shown great speed and ability to get back and tackle. I wasn’t aware he was that agile for a CB, especially with his height.

And yes, the Kane goal is very Lewandowski like. It’s pretty much a copy of this second goal against Benfica in terms of finishing.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He has been a little shaky, but nothing alarming thus far. Generally he has shown great speed and ability to get back and tackle. I wasn’t aware he was that agile for a CB, especially with his height.

And yes, the Kane goal is very Lewandowski like. It’s pretty much a copy of this second goal against Benfica in terms of finishing.

Good u have taken him from the garbage town.
Kane will be a hit for you, he is imo a better overall player than Lewandowski (but maybe worse finisher).

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Good u have taken him from the garbage town.
Kane will be a hit for you, he is imo a better overall player than Lewandowski (but maybe worse finisher).
Kim and De Ligt could form a great partnership for years to come. And yeah Upamecano for that matter too, but I just have more trust in the two others.

Upamecano is so talented, but he’s just a ticking bomb in terms of making massive mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

And speaking of Kane, he seems very likeable.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Kloppo's system made this guy look better than he was. Finished player.
I never seen an offensive player being so bad at reading an offside trap, maybe bar Inzaghi. This guy could've scored 10-15 goals more for us if he managed to read it better. A massive system player as you say, he was a bigger flop than Renato Sanches. And Sanches could be excused with him being just a young kid, totally different environment, tons of pressure etc. Mane was just plain rubbish on all levels.

Us managing to offload him was pure luck, the Saudis did us a big favour there. Also starting to think all of this "Salah bad, Mané good" was just bullshit. Mané certainly doesn't come of as a humble or calm guy to me based on recent events.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I never seen an offensive player being so bad at reading an offside trap, maybe bar Inzaghi. This guy could've scored 10-15 goals more for us if he managed to read it better. A massive system player as you say, he was a bigger flop than Renato Sanches. And Sanches could be excused with him being just a young kid, totally different environment, tons of pressure etc. Mane was just plain rubbish on all levels.

Us managing to offload him was pure luck, the Saudis did us a big favour there. Also starting to think all of this "Salah bad, Mané good" was just bullshit. Mané certainly doesn't come of as a humble or calm guy to me based on recent events.
did u watch any game with Morata by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)