Bundesliga 2020-21 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
You only look at trophies won instead of pure ability though. To me he isn't better than Kahn.

The mentality alone wins it in favour of Kahn for me. Neuer is a whiny bitch.
But I do look at the abilities alone, and Neuer is clear, lets make a list.

Distribution - Neuer
Sweeper - Neuer
Handling - Neuer
Longevity - Neuer
Technique/Kicking - Neuer by a clear mile
Major tournaments participated in - Neuer
Individual honours won (such as the best goalkeeper in the world, 3 to Kahn and 5 to Neuer) - Neuer
World Cup trophies - Neuer
CL trophies - Neuer
Caps for Germany - Neuer

Leadership - Kahn
Legendary - Kahn

If Kahn had won the World Cup in 2002 would it have been much closer to me. But the thing is he made that mistake against Ronaldo and sadly he didn't win it. Apart from that he didn't last at the top for long. He had 4-5 years great years but his longevity wasn't anything to speak of like other goalkeepers.

Neuer won all these trophies while at the same time being crucial for Bayern and Germany. First in 2013 against Dortmund in the final where we could've been trailing with 2-3 goals after the first 25-30 mins if not for him, then you got the WC where he had tons of important saves/actions also. Not to forget last years CL campaign where he pretty much won the title for Bayern singlehandly against PSG.

If you put your hate/bias aside then it's clear Neuer is the overall better keeper now. And like said I do love Kahn and if he won that WC in 2002 then I probably would've chosen him instead, but he made that error at the worst possible time after playing a godlike tournament and getting an average German squad in the final.

In terms of talent is Neuer far superior to Kahn, Kahn got that far because of his mentality and aggression.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing is Neuer’s Schalke days where he was a monster also.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We simply agree to disagree here. Moving on.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the best goalkeeper award - who did Kahn compete against, and what was Neuer's competition except for fading oldies?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
We simply agree to disagree here. Moving on.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the best goalkeeper award - who did Kahn compete against, and what was Neuer's competition except for fading oldies?
Kahn; Barthez, old Schmeichel, baby Casillas and baby Buffon and Peter Cech

Neuer; Casillas, Curtoius, Buffon, Alisson, Oblak, Ter Stegen

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Last 25-30 years? That a difficult one, but I'd go with this

Neuer
Lahm - Boateng - Lucio - Lizarazu
Effenberg - Matthäus
Robben - Müller - Ribery
Lewandowski

Honorable mentions

Kahn
Thiago Alcantara
Kimmich
Schweinsteiger
Ballack
Alaba
Mario Gomez
Samuel Koffour
Giovane Elber
Willy Sagnol
Roy Makaay
Toni Kroos
Boateng and Lucio?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Kahn
Salihamidzic Kovac Alaba Lahm
Schweinsteiger Effenberg
Robben Ballack Ribery
Lewandowski

Neuer
Oddo Boateng Demichelis Lizarazu
Matthaus Vidal
Muller Elber Pizarro Santa Cruz​

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Kahn; Barthez, old Schmeichel, baby Casillas and baby Buffon and Peter Cech

Neuer; Casillas, Curtoius, Buffon, Alisson, Oblak, Ter Stegen
Baby Buffon and Baby Casillas were the actual Buffon and Casillas, it's just that their longevity even in decline made them challenge Neuer in his tiny two year prime period in which he manage to actually look like a professional player and did not fabricate three blunders per one save

brb watching 7 hour Neuer blooper reel of running like a headless chicken 30m out of goal, then raising his arm begging for offside everytime he fucks up

:lol:

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Baby Buffon and Baby Casillas were the actual Buffon and Casillas, it's just that their longevity even in decline made them challenge Neuer in his tiny two year prime period in which he manage to actually look like a professional player and did not fabricate three blunders per one save

brb watching 7 hour Neuer blooper reel of running like a headless chicken 30m out of goal, then raising his arm begging for offside everytime he fucks up

I'm sure you don't watch football.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

Hey lets not rewrite history here just to make it fit our agenda.

Neuer has been the best goalkeeper in the past decade, he was even voted it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFFHS_World's_Best_Goalkeeper#The_World's_Best_Goalkeeper_of_the_Decade_2011–2020

Another thing is; you can hate Neuer all you like and that's cool with me - but just because you hate someone it doesn't mean you can't acknowledge their qualities. I dislike Neymar a lot and think he's the biggest bitch, but I can still admit he's a better player than Gnabry.

Neuer was beasting back in his Schalke days and got Schalke into QF's and SF's of the CL and you wanna tell me he had a two year prime only? Gtfo with this delusion. He played a massive campaign for Bayern in the 2011-12 CL season, did the same in 2012-13, and like I said here's the final for everyone who got a bad memory how it actually went on - he saved our ass in the first 20-25 mins.

And he did it in the 2014 WC as well for Germany.

And you know what? He actually did it again for Bayern in the 2019-20 campaign.

And let me point it out so even imbeciles get it (no offence), but the biggest reason for him playing this way is because of how Bayern and Germany played for nearly a decade now. With such a fucking highline you simply need a goalkeeper rushing out of his goal to clear the balls. Yes he might make mistakes, but so do all, 9 out of 10 times he gets it right.

The coaches instructs him to do it because of the defenders being so high up and as he's so good with his feet he can participate in the build up. Kahn would probably flop in the way Bayern plays today because of the highline.

You're saying Neuer's prime only lasted two years, then tell me how you're voted as the goalkepper of the decade and won the award as the best goalie in the world 5 times? It doesn't make sense does it?

It seems you and Daidevil got way too much bias in this to make a fair conclusion. Like mentioned before, I also dislike Neymar a lot but I know he's a world class player. If Neuer was so shit as you make it out to be, then he would never have earned so many caps for Germany, won a WC and two trebles with Bayern - he's a world class goalie and have been it for the whole decade.

Btw now we're at it - can you please send me a link of Kahn lifting the WC after the Ronaldo mistake he made? I can seem to find it ;)

Kahn is a big game player, but Neuer even more. You can cry about it as much as you want, but facts don't care about feelings. And everything shows Neuer is the superior keeper, just accept it.

Ffs Kahn even said himself Neuer surpassed him. :rofl:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
For me it's like this, Kahn at his peak > Neuer at his peak. Neuer might have the better career and last/lasted longer, but Kahn's best was better imo. There is a difference between greater and better in that sense

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
For me it's like this, Kahn at his peak > Neuer at his peak. Neuer might have the better career and last/lasted longer, but Kahn's best was better imo. There is a difference between greater and better in that sense
And that's a very fair point and one I could go with myself as well. Kahn had insane peak years between 1999-2002, but it lasted very short.

He might have better peak years than Neuer, but Neuer's longevity is far greater hence I'd take him, he also saved Bayern and Germany when it counted the most.

Not to say Kahn didn't save Bayern, he did so plenty of times and I'm still grateful for his 2001 CL penalty shoot out saves. But that 2002 WC drop against Ronaldo will always mean he'll be below Neuer for me, he made that mistake at the worst possible time.

Anyway, Kahn is a legendary goalkeeper and I love him for what he did for Bayern and I also expect a lot from him as a board member taking over from Kalle.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
And hopefully he will have just as much luck as long as he's with you :p
Lol, Goretzka already surpassed him in luck. He won the treble with Bayern and a Confederations Cup with Germany in 2017.

Ballack = CL runners up in 2002 and 2008, WC runners up in 2002 and 2008 and suspended for both finals. :depressed:

Ballack deserved to win one of the biggest honours, he was such a complete midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)