Bundesliga 2019/20 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Don't understand the choice. Just ask Alexander Isak about how they treated him over there as a young striker. And also, wasn't the point of what he did in the CL this season enough to get him to skip a step like Dortmund and go directly to a top european club? Its a lose lose situation for him, he either keeps performing and will have the same contracts/teams wanting him a few years down or he doesn't live up to the hype of this season.

Isak wasnt good enough, as he is now too benched in Real Sociedad. Haaland shows he is a kid who is up for the task of scoring and performing regurarly.

And its a win win, he gets immediate guranteed starting spot, being 2nd star of a semi-top club, in an attacking league. Will only continue to grow as a player and in reputation. As much it pains me to say it, its a very smart choice by him. This is a kid who understands you dont luka Jovic yourself and go to a super club as soon as they come calling for you. You have think through your moves besides the big glamorous aspect of it.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Isak wasnt good enough, as he is now too benched in Real Sociedad. Haaland shows he is a kid who is up for the task of scoring and performing regurarly.

And its a win win, he gets immediate guranteed starting spot, being 2nd star of a semi-top club, in an attacking league. Will only continue to grow as a player and in reputation. As much it pains me to say it, its a very smart choice by him. This is a kid who understands you dont luka Jovic yourself and go to a super club as soon as they come calling for you. You have think through your moves besides the big glamorous aspect of it.
Isak was treated horribly and was obviously way better than the faith Dortmund showed in him.

Anyway, I see no reason why going to Dortmund would be better than going to Manchester United. United are a bigger club, would be better for his brand playing in the best league in the world. They also have the finance to build something around him. He's not worse than Martial or Rashford and would start every game there too. I know United is not at its best right now but its not like Dortmund is doing well either.

His CL performances enabled him to skip the 'Dortmund step'. Fail at United and you'd still end up playing for something like Everton or Crystal Palace. Fail at Dortmund and who the hell knows where you'll land.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Isak was treated horribly and was obviously way better than the faith Dortmund showed in him.

Anyway, I see no reason why going to Dortmund would be better than going to Manchester United. United are a bigger club, would be better for his brand playing in the best league in the world. They also have the finance to build something around him. He's not worse than Martial or Rashford and would start every game there too. I know United is not at its best right now but its not like Dortmund is doing well either.

His CL performances enabled him to skip the 'Dortmund step'. Fail at United and you'd still end up playing for something like Everton or Crystal Palace. Fail at Dortmund and who the hell knows where you'll land.
United is a mess these days.

Dortmund is simply a great choice for young players who want to develop before going to a top tier club.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is nothing to say if you cant see why a young top tier young player would say no to an average team in complete mess, that cant even get CL anymore, but still have the constant negative pressure of a huge club, and oh impossible to leave if you become too good for them. With Dortmund you get better football, organisation that makes young guns thrive, way less pressure, competing in CL, and can leave when you want to down the line.

They check all the pro columns this Man U cant. You are set up to fail if you go there more then any other big club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)