Bullsh*t (1 Viewer)

ancelotti

Oct 31, 2003
I just noticed ESPN are going to show Milan - Celta Vigo tomorrow?

WTF?

Only one game per week for some of us here in the U.S., Milan have 7 players absent ( preparing for the Inter-Continental in Japan ), and of all the games available, they show Milan. I wanted to watch Milan earlier...against Ajax or something, I'm not too excited at the prospect of seeing a second-string side in the Champion's League.

Also, I'm not happy that Ajax's hopes of qualifying depend on Milan reserves and some Youth players...

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Yeah, I just looked it up.

Good Lord.

Can't they pick anyone else??
That's the cheap game. They always show the cheap game or Real Madrid, I don't know why...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

That's the cheap game. They always show the cheap game or Real Madrid, I don't know why...
Or possibly they don't want to conflict with teams from leagues that are already shown on a rival american network (i.e.- EPL and Eredivise on Fox Sports World)

Who knows.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Can anyone tell me why Fox Sports World doesn't show CL games?

I mean, they do show the UEFA Cup, but seriously, that's the UEFA Cup.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Can anyone tell me why Fox Sports World doesn't show CL games?

I mean, they do show the UEFA Cup, but seriously, that's the UEFA Cup.

coz they don't have the rights. :frown:

ESPN do a great job in all other countries. :( I was in singapore last year and ESPN used to telecast 4 CL games per matchday !

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

coz they don't have the rights. :frown:

ESPN do a great job in all other countries. :( I was in singapore last year and ESPN used to telecast 4 CL games per matchday !

Well,of course.

I mean, as an American, I would MUCH rather watch 50 re-runs of the mentally challenged world series of Go-Fish tournament.:rolleyes:

Again.

OP
ancelotti

ancelotti

Oct 31, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    I agree ESPN do a good job in other countries.

I'm talking about U.S.....And also, UEFA.com is ****ed up too. Why should we have to pay for live radio broadcasts?

Damn, seems like everyone is trying to squeeze the last dollar out of the game, but the wealth isn't being shared.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Well obviously they'll show Milan because theyre the current european champions, last year it was like that but with Real Madrid

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    We did wake up.

For about a week.

However, please don't call us dumb.

That's a pretty broad stroke that you're painting with, Picasso.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by ancelotti ] ++
    Americans are dumb.

"Can't they think for themselves?"

you should be a bit more careful with your generalizations.......CNN may give more opinions rather than facts, but what makes you think that all Americans agree with the opinions given there? and it's not like CNN, is the only thing people watch, either......we do have other sources, in case it had escaped your notice ;) and no, we are not dumb-how do you think we have become the most powerful nation in the world? saying something like that does not say much for your intelligence......

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    My dad works at the Pentagon. He was almost killed on 9/11. And I can guarrantee that the intelligent people in America have woken up-my dad gets up at 4am and comes home aroud 9 or 9:30. He is thinking about it, and how to keep it from hapenning again. The media here is mostly pretty crappy-they want money, they aren't truly worried about facts-they just want viewers, which they get. some people watch to see where the current of popular opinion is going, others watch it to find outwhat they should say to appear smart, etc. America is country with millions of people, since America is a democracy, anyone, including the rather stupid ones, have a say. this often gives the impression that there is a large majority of stupid people in the US, when it isn't the case. maybe next time you post, you could try and say something intelligent, instead of insulting other peoples intalligence-especially if you are going to do it in such an immature and thoughtless way

OP
    ancelotti

ancelotti

Oct 31, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    The attitudes of the media, and your elected representatives reflect what I said.

I've even carried out Polls asking ordinary people in the street if the know where Toronto is.

A lot of people even think weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq.

Compared to other Industrialized Nations, Americans have a much lower IQ. But, I love it here...Internet is fast, and Girls are easy.

Americans also seem to pride themselves in not being smart.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I've lost a lot of respect for you, ancelotti.

I thought you were smarter than this.

But, it's obvious that you're just another anti-american who just happens to be living here in this country.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    some of them do-and that is very sad :( education here is very unreliable-it isn't good everytime. the teachers vary big time, and it shows-and an ambitious parent can get there child a great education here, while at the same time, some people get really crappy educations. anyway, how long have you lived in the US?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)