Buy a "eclectic" cm

If we can't keep Morata replace him with Berardi or Batshuayi
If Zaza asks to leave replace with Berardi or Batshuayi

Sell Pereyra or Asamoah
Keep everyone else

Close mercato :donedeal:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
However i dont know if we can get anyone better than Morata atm.I'm not looking at him as a goalscorer(that's not a problem for us anyway) but i'm looking at him as someone who can take on defenders, accelerate past them.And i think he does it better than anyone else in the squad right now.Cuadrado comes second in this respect.

Its absolutely essential to have a player of his skillset.We dont need Cavani to score 50 goals in Serie A.Goals arent a problem and its coming from multiple players anyways.
I think it is a problem. We need a prima punta. Even if we expect goals from everyone, we need a steady goalscorer. Maybe that player should be given more minutes then any of the current strikers have had this season to get this tally. (Higuain has played 50 games this season?). I think this is the difference in the long run. We can't expect to plow Serie A next year and the following as well without a top scorer. It's too shifty. Teams are improving every year and we're in a transition period as well with 10 new faces last summer and probable a lot of rotation this summer as well.

Vrsaljko is the right player...

...for a team like Roma.
And what are they exactly? What are we? Surely we're in the top of Europe and the world, but 'a team like Roma' sounds a little too degrading in my ears. Roma make a lot of good signings, young, signings for the long run that is. Eventually they will take over with this strategy should we put our faith and playing time for our aging veterans next season too.
You need veterans in a winning team, but not more than a few. We have youngsters too but we have more veterans than youngsters! Let me highlight Allegri's XI this season;

Dybala Mandzukic
Pogba Marchisio Khedira
Evra Bonucci Barzagli Lichtsteiner
Buffon

2 players under 25.
4 players ~30.
4 players over 32/veterans.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
And what are they exactly? What are we? Surely we're in the top of Europe and the world, but 'a team like Roma' sounds a little too degrading in my ears. Roma make a lot of good signings, young, signings for the long run that is. Eventually they will take over with this strategy should we put our faith and playing time for our aging veterans next season too.
You need veterans in a winning team, but not more than a few. We have youngsters too but we have more veterans than youngsters! Let me highlight Allegri's XI this season;

Dybala Mandzukic
Pogba Marchisio Khedira
Evra Bonucci Barzagli Lichtsteiner
Buffon

2 players under 25.
4 players ~30.
4 players over 32/veterans.
:rofl:

Roma to take over?
good signings, young signings for the long run? and i thought the Sabatini lovers are dead by now.

they keep buying 10 mediocre players a year (like Doumbia, Ibarbo, Digne, Iago...) and in the end one of them turns out to be good.

and about the aging squad :lol: really?
whats the problem? this team is the best. those players are the best. and they have shown it again this season. they won't suddenly drop dead. there are no old and young players, there are only good and bad players. therefore i give a flying fuck about the age of our starting squad.

...about the long run:

for Evra - we already have A.Sandro. (who might even be a starter next season)
for Licht - we aleady have Lirola
for Barza - we already have Rugani and Romanga
for Khedira - we have Sturaro
for Marchisio - we have Mandragora and Lemina.
for Mandzu - we have Zaza and Morata/Berardi/Cerri

add players like Clemenza, Mattiello, Vitale, Favilli, Audero or Kean...i guess you are right, Roma will take over with their signings for the long run, whilst we only focus on old players. wake up Beppe! wake up!!!

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Neto
Lirola Romagna Rugani AS
Sturaro Lemina Pogba
Berardi Dybala Morata

And we are gonna add more in the summer. There is not a single team with a better team of under 26 out there. And we keep adding more youngsters each summer. So no, Roma will never take over

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Buchel,Boniperti,Pasquato,Masi,Untersee,Paolucci

So much youth :tuttosport:

I'm sure i might have forgotten names of some amazing talents we had in the past

- - - Updated - - -

Ayub Daud too

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Thats the spirit :tuttosport:

Made in italy babe:tuttosport:
I forgot the name of that young player who played against City in the EL some 6 yrs ago but he seriously looked like the Italian re-incarnation of R9.And Boniperti looked like Aguero in the same game.

Juventus primavera talents :tuttosport: Can fap all day just thinking about them

Jun 6, 2015
I think some of the Primavera talents actually now have a chance of making it in the first team with the new rules in place. We only need two or three of them to become good enough for rotational role anyways so that should not be too hard to accomplish.

Audero, Lirola, Romagna, Vitale, Clemenza and Kean looks a good enough group to fill some of those club trained spots in the future.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I think some of the Primavera talents actually now have a chance of making it in the first team with the new rules in place. We only need two or three of them to become good enough for rotational role anyways so that should not be too hard to accomplish.

Audero, Lirola, Romagna, Vitale, Clemenza and Kean looks a good enough group to fill some of those club trained spots in the future.
Introducing them to the first team doesnt necessarily mean they're going to actually shine.

Thankfully the B-teams concept has finally been approved by the FIGC and that's where these players should be spending their time.Get some good professional football experience by playing with the B-side in lower divisions(assuming Serie B) and then we'll see if they can truly make a step up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)