1. Szczesny: keep but don't extend, sell? don't mind
  2. Perin: keep
  3. De Sciglio: haha
  4. Danilo: keep but don't extend
  5. Mckennie
  6. Iling
  7. Chiesa: pls keep
  8. Kean
How much we can make selling all three of Mckennie, Iling and Kean, and maybe even Szczesny?
Iling after this season is 10m at max and only because he is english. McKennie could probably land something around 25m. Kean, no idea probably only loan is possible.
Szczesny has probably no worth, but if some team needs an emergency GK then maybe some 5m.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
how it will work then? he comes to the club world cup, his contract expires at the middle of the tournament, and he leaves after a few matches into the tournament?

i think that if the club is at least remotely reasonable then for anyone in the 2nd category it's either sell now or extend
No it won't work, but it is because we are now a club which isn't remotely reasonable that we may lose them for free. :wallbang:

Iling after this season is 10m at max and only because he is english. McKennie could probably land something around 25m. Kean, no idea probably only loan is possible.
Szczesny has probably no worth, but if some team needs an emergency GK then maybe some 5m.
I genuinely hope Giuntoli can do better than this.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Motta means:

Positions needed:
RB
CB
CM
Maybe another CM if Rabiot and McK leave.
AM

RW - Not a must but we need to address this position if Chiesa isnt considered there. Soule will probably go and we seem to be serious for F.Anderson (even if we could do much better)

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3

RB - Kayode seems like a good investment and should be wrapped before his value rises.
CB - Honestly have no idea.
CM - Another tough one.
AM - It doesnt really matter as we seem to have a hard on for Koop...

Our possible team in 4-2-3-1 formation could look like this:
Woj; Cambiasso,Califiori?, Bremer, Kayode; Locatelli CM ; Chiesa Koop F.Anderson; Vlahovic
or pretty similar just with 4-3-3

If we do this and I do expect us to do something similar - We should be able to finish 2nd and might have a chance at the Scudetto if Inter gets complacent after winning a Scudetto.
In 2 years - Depends on growth - Could be the same and could be the start of a cycle.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I disagree, I quite like him. It isn’t his fault that he’s been used as a semi RB that often. Personally I think that he’ll be able to reach a higher level in regards to defending even if he isn’t the youngest.

On my selling list are Tek, Sandro, Kostic, De Sciglio, Caviglia, Rabiot, Pogba, Kean, Milik and Weah. The awkward part of these hypothetical sells is that we’ll receive very little financially.
Tek is one of our most reliable players. We don't have the financial luxury to spend a lot on a new goalie. Extending on a little less salary would be ideal imo.

Gatti will be 26 yo in June. Yes, he's still inexperienced but he'd be a backup at Juve too if he stays so that will def stun his growth anyway. I'd sell. We already have a 4th choice option in Rugani...

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Tek is one of our most reliable players. We don't have the financial luxury to spend a lot on a new goalie. Extending on a little less salary would be ideal imo.

Gatti will be 26 yo in June. Yes, he's still inexperienced but he'd be a backup at Juve too if he stays so that will def stun his growth anyway. I'd sell. We already have a 4th choice option in Rugani...
We don't have the financial luxury to spend what we're spending now on a goalkeeper's wages, especially with Perin on the bench. Tek is good but if we're looking to cut costs renewing him is the last thing we should be doing.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We don't have the financial luxury to spend what we're spending now on a goalkeeper's wages, especially with Perin on the bench. Tek is good but if we're looking to cut costs renewing him is the last thing we should be doing.
Renewing at lower wages of course. There is no way he's getting the same salary here and he knows that as well. He has stated multiple times he wants to end his career with Juve so it's perfectly viable that he'd be willing to do so. If not, let go ofc.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Tek is one of the last remaining 'experienced champions' we have on this squad. Renew with 50% paycut. He can be a mentor to the new young GK coming in.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
No Chiesa?! :rofl:

Soule as a starter? :howler:

He hasn't scored or assisted since January - that's worse than our run. Let's not overhype him FFS! :b81:
a week ago he assisted against napoli and scored+assisted vs milan in february but yeah he's in a bit of a weaker spell. still had a few good matches lately and deserves a chance at jj, even if not as a starter

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
a week ago he assisted against napoli and scored+assisted vs milan in february but yeah he's in a bit of a weaker spell. still had a few good matches lately and deserves a chance at jj, even if not as a starter
Obviously, it was hyperbole - you know I like to exaggerate sometimes ;)

But, it's going to take a lot more than a 6 month purple patch @ Frosinone to displace Chiesa. If Motta is indeed coming in, we must retain Chiesa; I feel he will thrive in that setup. If anyone must be sacrified, I'd let Bremer go (he's going to leave sooner or later anyway).

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Obviously, it was hyperbole - you know I like to exaggerate sometimes ;)

But, it's going to take a lot more than a 6 month purple patch @ Frosinone to displace Chiesa. If Motta is indeed coming in, we must retain Chiesa; I feel he will thrive in that setup. If anyone must be sacrified, I'd let Bremer go (he's going to leave sooner or later anyway).
i get what daniel thinks about chiesa's fitness issues and he'll always pick the younger player. chiesa is not that old though and soulé has everything to prove.

good thing is that chiesa can be used on either flanks so chiesa, yildiz, soulé and a 4th winger could all get plenty of playtime with a formation using wingers, with (hopefully) cl, league, coppa and club world cup commitments. for me it's not chiesa or soulé but chiesa and soulé

yeah bremer will probably get sold and replaced by calafiori (who's a beast btw, i fucking love that guy, he's everything we hoped gatti to be)

Apr 9, 2015
Not all of those players need to go, but we will have more financial possibilities as some of them go:

Out because of salary:
- Perin (I've to say I like him a lot, but I think he don't want to be a benchie for another year)
- Rugani
- Alex Sandro (expiring contract)
- De Sciglio
- Pogba
- Moise Kean

We should go onwards with Szczesny, Danilo, Rabiot (on lower wage), Kostic (if we have to defend in 4-3-3) and Milik. Especially Milik is a pretty good striker, not on too high wages and we could get max. 10M for him. A replacement is way pricier and we don't have that money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)