Build/Predict Your Juve (35 Viewers)

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
To me it's because
1) none of our cbs has proved themselves that they are comfortable in a four-men defense
2) double pivot (at least under Allegri 2.0) doesn't seem to work for our midfielders
3) no proper fullbacks bar Cambiaso
And it's 1>2>3 in that order.

Combine all three our defensive stability relies largely on the numerical advantage in the defensive third, it won't be easy and it might even be unnecessary to change this system. Plus one can also argue that the current squad is built for 3-5-2, we'll need an overhaul if we want to switch to a 4-2-3-1, maybe less changes for a 4-3-3.
For sure.... those are 3 of many reasons

This team is fully bought in, finally has an identity, has a roster built perfectly depth wise, and we dont have the kind of money to make a big change and sign a bunch of players. Even if they did, why try to fix something that isnt broken?

With the 3-5-2, this team is literally set in place with the exception of needing another midfielder... and if they cant keep Rabiot, they may need 2

I think the big decision will be Chiesa/Soule. They'll try to extend Chiesa, but if they cant, they'll sell him and maybe keep Soule to replace him (or they could sell both). If Chiesa extends, I think Soule will be sold to help fund a midfield signing.

Chiesa/Yildiz - Vlahovic/Milik
Kostic/Iling Jr - Rabiot/Locatelli/McKennie/Fagioli/new signing - Cambiaso/Weah
Djalo-Rugani-Bremer-Gatti-Danilo

I think if Rabiot stays and they sign another CM, Miretti goes out on loan. They wont waste a season with buried on the bench. If Rabiot leaves or they cant sign a starting caliber CM, Miretti could stay.

Huijsen will go out on loan. Kean is probably sold. De Sciglio will probably hang around.

I'm expecting another summer like last year with little activity and the priority of keeping the team together in place.... with maybe 1 medium sized signing in the midfield, and the rest will be cheap/free signings for depth or young talents for Next Gen.

If Iling-Junior emerges over the 2nd half of the season and gets more playing time, I could also see Kostic being sold in the summer... but until that happens, I think Allegri is happy with that combo over there, especially with Cambiaso's ability to play on the left if needed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
GK: Sczcesny Perin Pinsoglio
CB: Bremer Scalvini Gatti Djalo
RB: Danilo Weah
LB: Cambiaso Dorgu
DM: Locatelli Barrenechea
CM: Koopmeiners Samarsic Fagioli Miretti McKennie
Wingers: Chiesa Yildiz Soule IlingJR
CF: Vlahovic Milik

Sczcesny
Perin/Pinsoglio
Danilo Bremer Scalvini Cambiaso
Weah Gatti Djalo Dorgu
Koopmeiners Locatelli Samarsic
Fagioli/Miretti Barrenechea McKennie
Chiesa Vlahovic Yildiz
Soule Milik IlingJR​

Jan 30, 2024
Important things for next season in my opinion:

In:
- Top midfielder
- Left (wing)-back
- good performing young loanees.

Out:
- Alex Sandro
- Kostic
- Arthur
- Pellegrini
- Some players at a good offer, for example Kean/Milik/Mckennie

Extend:
- Extend Szczesny for lower wages as expected.
- Extend Rugani for lower wages as expected.
- Extend other important players.

Release:
- Pogba if its possible with the test results.

Rabiot is a doubt-case. If he wants to extend on a reduced salary he can stay, but otherwise I think he doens't deserve the high salary compared to other players.

I think this is a feasible plan and could be close to Guintoli's plans. Maybe Vlahovic will be sold for a good amount because he is earning a lot. The youngsters are on low wages and add dept to the squad. I don't think we can reach a semi-final CL with the squad but it will be the next step to perform on a higher stage. It is irresponsible to make huge transfers this summer, so I prefer to go slow and improve the squad on lower wages and a more sustainable way of becoming great again.
This is basically the same logic I would follow minus the Vlahovic stuff given how well he is emerging right now. That Bologna LWB looks enticing and I think he would pair nicely with Cambiaso on the flanks. I am in between on Samarzdic but his attacking quality is obviously very real. Depending on the teams moves, I would be very open to getting him on a decent deal and putting him with someone like Locatelli and maybe also selling Rabiot to finance Scalvini (before anyone else jumps all over him). Thuram would be nice but we are broke. Soule coming back and Yildiz emerging means our attack is basically set up for a while and provided Chiesa is put back on the wing and somewhat healthy, attack is the last of any of our worries.

Kevster

Feb 9, 2024
a midfield of Matuidi-Hernanes-Pereyra would walk into our currrent midfield

even the likes of matuidi and khedira while good players were never really to the high level of vidal and pogba we were used to in pre 2016 days

Apr 17, 2013
IN

-Scalvini. I'm trying to sell Huyjesen too long term project, he still needs a lot to develop physically and tactically. . He refused to go to Frosinone, he changes his nationality as if it were a club, with this mentality I feel he will piss us off in the future if he has to extend him.
I prefer to take a young Italian but more developed Scalvini and take advantage of interest from big clubs to sell him

Kroos: essential to replace this useless locatelli. Kroos is a great opportunity, which brings technical experience and a winning mentality.

- Califiori: Swiss army knife who can DC and LB is having a very good season in Bologna.

- RCM: Need a technical player who is able to run with the ball and dribble. I find him overrated but a player like Smardzic.

RW: Soulé must return to the club, but cannot have a starting place, he needs to compete with an experienced player like Di Maria (or Felipe luis) who alternates with him in first time.

,...............................Vlahovic
........Chiesa.......................................???
....................Rabiot..,................???
................................Kroos
..........Califiori Scalvini Bremer Cambiasso
...................................Woj

Out
Allegri
Sandro
Danilo
Kean or Milik
Barrenchea
Huyjsen
Vlahovic : regretfully if we have to make a big sacrifice

Keep for bench option
Suckatelli
Gatti
Rugani
Kostic
Perrin
Ydilz
Fagioli

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i think that calafiori excels at bologna because he plays consistently as a cb. a bit like chiellini: meh as an lb, instant improvement when played in the middle

yeah huijsen won't retire at juve, that is clear. the long term problem with u23 players not being italian is that sooner or later they will inevitably want to move. yildiz will be the same

i think kostic needs to leave. he plays his usual position, he was very good last season, now he looks like a finished player

rabiot without the growth decree will be expensive, i doubt he stays, especially if we change coach

i'd also take kroos if available, but we need an other fitness team too to keep him alive for 2 matches per week

Apr 17, 2013
i think that calafiori excels at bologna because he plays consistently as a cb. a bit like chiellini: meh as an lb, instant improvement when played in the middle

yeah huijsen won't retire at juve, that is clear. the long term problem with u23 players not being italian is that sooner or later they will inevitably want to move. yildiz will be the same

i think kostic needs to leave. he plays his usual position, he was very good last season, now he looks like a finished player

rabiot without the growth decree will be expensive, i doubt he stays, especially if we change coach

i'd also take kroos if available, but we need an other fitness team too to keep him alive for 2 matches per week
Like Lucas Hernandez who can play LB or CB. Technically he is more talented than Chiellini .You can use him as a defensive left back who will allow Cambiaso to play higher in the offensive phase. Over time he will be placed back as DC like many full-backs.

Huyjesen, Bonucci's successor, inherited his passing quality but also his mentality. I don't know what the player's value is on the market but I'll think about it. Ydilz says every chance he gets he's a fan of Del Piero, was he capable of following in the same footsteps as his idol ?

Rabiot if we don't keep him it's a shame, we couldn't anticipate the end of the decree but by extending him for a year, we're letting go a 30 millions tag price player, a bad case of management. Honestly, I doubt that Allegrileaving will influence his choice . If there is a new coach he will continue to be the starter.

I rarely watch Real Madrid but is he still a starter?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Calafiori was a progressive left back once upon a time. Suppose because he's so tall he ends up becoming a bit of a weapon at DLC - as long as he can defend decently then he's already got the size, the technique and the mobility to cover that whole area of the field.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
How the managers are building this squad, figuring out who to keep, who to extend and who to sign is all very hard to do without a plan for who should coach this team next season. If we extend Allegris contract and say this is the direction for another three or so years, i'm sure Chiesa will want to find a different team. Chiesa is in his prime and being undisputed MVP of Juventus this should be our main concern. You can sell Bremer and replace him with Huijsen or Calafiori, but Juve can't replace Chiesa. The talk about selling our biggest prospects is just nonsense to me. Why is it either Yildiz or Chiesa? Either Chiesa or Soule? Either Soule or Yildiz? I don't get it. They are all wingers and we should define a direction that this club is taking by making a stance on the coach situation and then build a squad around the coach. I don't care about the team finding an identity with a cantennacio 352 system. That is not the identity we need and selling our most promising prospects to build on that is just madness to me. I'm hopeful that Manna and Guintoli are different and have the guts to define a direction with a new coach. I'm hoping De Zerbi + keeping all our prospects.

For me the team should be build around this core:
  • Chiesa is untouchable and should be the center of the project. Needs a new coach.
  • Vlahovic will shine under a new coach im sure. Needs a new coach.
  • Yildiz is a starter now
  • Soule has proven he is a right winger. Must return but needs a new coach.
  • Fagioli has much potential
  • Miretti has much potential
  • Locatelli is a top performer. Absolutely instrumental for this team
  • Cambiasso. I want to see him in a LB/RB role in a 4man backline
  • Huijsen needs to return. Not on the market for any price. We can talk about selling in 2-3 years but not now.
  • Danilo is our captain. Core player

Everyone else is dispensable IMO
  • Bremer can join Man United for €60-70m. Let's take it, replace with Huijsen / Calafiori and reinvest in other areas
  • Rabiot playing hardball and is looking for a way out? Let him leave
  • Szczesny being the highest paid Juventus player? Goodbye
  • Kostic only getting worse. Goodbye
  • McKennie has had a good season so far but if we get a good offer id take it
  • Weah can get another year but he needs to step the fuck up
  • Gatti is fortunate that he's scoring goals, it makes him shine at times. I evaluate him at €30m and I doubt anyone would pay this so I say keep.
  • Milik can stay as a rotation player
  • Kean needs a loan inside Serie A and we can evaluate next year when he finishes a season with 5g1a
  • Alex Sandro. Goodbye

Last edited:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
How the managers are building this squad, figuring out who to keep, who to extend and who to sign is all very hard to do without a plan for who should coach this team next season. If we extend Allegris contract and say this is the direction for another three or so years, i'm sure Chiesa will want to find a different team. Chiesa is in his prime and being undisputed MVP of Juventus this should be our main concern. You can sell Bremer and replace him with Huijsen or Calafiori, but Juve can't replace Chiesa. The talk about selling our biggest prospects is just nonsense to me. Why is it either Yildiz or Chiesa? Either Chiesa or Soule? Either Soule or Yildiz? I don't get it. They are all wingers and we should define a direction that this club is taking by making a stance on the coach situation and then build a squad around the coach. I don't care about the team finding an identity with a cantennacio 352 system. That is not the identity we need and selling our most promising prospects to build on that is just madness to me. I'm hopeful that Manna and Guintoli are different and have the guts to define a direction with a new coach. I'm hoping De Zerbi + keeping all our prospects.

For me the team should be build around this core:
  • Chiesa is untouchable and should be the center of the project. Needs a new coach.
  • Vlahovic will shine under a new coach im sure. Needs a new coach.
  • Yildiz is a starter now
  • Soule has proven he is a right winger. Must return but needs a new coach.
  • Fagioli has much potential
  • Miretti has much potential
  • Locatelli is a top performer. Absolutely instrumental for this team
  • Cambiasso. I want to see him in a LB/RB role in a 4man backline
  • Huijsen needs to return. Not on the market for any price. We can talk about selling in 2-3 years but not now.
  • Danilo is our captain. Core player

Everyone else is dispensable IMO
  • Bremer can join Man United for €60-70m. Let's take it, replace with Huijsen / Calafiori and reinvest in other areas
  • Rabiot playing hardball and is looking for a way out? Let him leave
  • Szczesny being the highest paid Juventus player? Goodbye
  • Kostic only getting worse. Goodbye
  • McKennie has had a good season so far but if we get a good offer id take it
  • Weah can get another year but he needs to step the fuck up
  • Gatti is fortunate that he's scoring goals, it makes him shine at times. I evaluate him at €30m and I doubt anyone would pay this so I say keep.
  • Milik can stay as a rotation player
  • Kean needs a loan inside Serie A and we can evaluate next year when he finishes a season with 5g1a
  • Alex Sandro. Goodbye
I agree but replacing Bremer with Huijsen and Calafiori will be a massive downgrade

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
IN

-Scalvini. I'm trying to sell Huyjesen too long term project, he still needs a lot to develop physically and tactically. . He refused to go to Frosinone, he changes his nationality as if it were a club, with this mentality I feel he will piss us off in the future if he has to extend him.
I prefer to take a young Italian but more developed Scalvini and take advantage of interest from big clubs to sell him

Kroos: essential to replace this useless locatelli. Kroos is a great opportunity, which brings technical experience and a winning mentality.

- Califiori: Swiss army knife who can DC and LB is having a very good season in Bologna.

- RCM: Need a technical player who is able to run with the ball and dribble. I find him overrated but a player like Smardzic.

RW: Soulé must return to the club, but cannot have a starting place, he needs to compete with an experienced player like Di Maria (or Felipe luis) who alternates with him in first time.

,...............................Vlahovic
........Chiesa.......................................???
....................Rabiot..,................???
................................Kroos
..........Califiori Scalvini Bremer Cambiasso
...................................Woj

Out
Allegri
Sandro
Danilo
Kean or Milik
Barrenchea
Huyjsen
Vlahovic : regretfully if we have to make a big sacrifice

Keep for bench option
Suckatelli
Gatti
Rugani
Kostic
Perrin
Ydilz
Fagioli
Ideally we bring in a LW and put Chiesa on the right, then that solves your Soule problem too. Though, I'm not sure why you think he shouldn't at least get a chance at starting to begin with.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I agree but replacing Bremer with Huijsen and Calafiori will be a massive downgrade
Bremer is the sacrifice I would make. He can generate €60-70m that we would be able to reinvest. My idea is to also move towards a 4 man backline and so we don't need as many CBs for that but rather need to reinforce in other areas. I would rather sell Bremer and make the cash than letting all of our top prospects go, let alone Chiesa or Vlahovic

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Bremer is the sacrifice I would make. He can generate €60-70m that we would be able to reinvest. My idea is to also move towards a 4 man backline and so we don't need as many CBs for that but rather need to reinforce in other areas. I would rather sell Bremer and make the cash than letting all of our top prospects go, let alone Chiesa or Vlahovic
Chiesa,Vlahovic and Bremer are the ones you have to keep no matter what.
Sell youths rather than a proven and implemented player like Bremer.

Also what's the point of selling Bremer for 60-70 when you spent 50m last summer?
You'd make a +20 or +30m
Much better to sell Soulè,Yldiz or Iling since they are worth 0 on our books

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)