Buffon swears loyalty to Juve : 'I'd stay at Juve even in Serie C' (1 Viewer)

Guzzler

Apr 14, 2006
Gigi Buffon’s agent has opened the door for a sensational summer move from Juventus to rivals Milan.

The newly crowned world champion has been linked with the Rossoneri recently and Silvano Martina admits the switch may occur.

“Yes, there is a Milan possibility for my client,” Martina told the Affaritaliani.it website on Monday evening.

“However, we have to be careful though as they already have a great ‘keeper in their squad thanks to Nelson Dida.”

Buffon is set to be sold by the Italian giants as a result of the Calciopoli scandal which may see them relegated to Serie B, but Martina insists that there is only one club which the ‘keeper would consider.

“The only side which is of interest are the Rossoneri, that’s because Inter are okay as they are and Real Madrid are an impossibility,” added Martina. “There is also an option in England but that isn’t simple.”

Nevertheless, Martina did concede that his £25m rated client could actually remain in Turin and in the Second Division.

“It would be right for Juventus and Buffon to go their separate ways if they were demoted to Serie B,” he added.

“However, it is clear that Buffon could stay if the club didn’t receive an offer that they were happy with. After all, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if that happened…”

Guzzler

Apr 14, 2006
If juve is not in his heart then hes better of leaving. Its gonna take a lot of heart to get back into the top flight.

On the flip side i will be looking forward to seeing Bonnefoi in action.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
he is the best and that's why i want him to stay....

but he was never really excited in juve,he was always looking for excuses to go.
it's a pity though

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Lilianna said:

but he was never really excited in juve,he was always looking for excuses to go.
it's a pity though
Thats because Juventus never let Buffon play....its a shame he has spent so much time at Juventus just sitting and watching the game from........between the goal post :D

Juves got such a good defense that he has not been fully utilized, which decreases the fun for him...He'd rather play in an attacking football team where he'll see more of the ball....

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Gianluigi Buffon, the most expensive and possibly the best goalkeeper in the world, is thought to be possibly heading to North London to play for Arsenal.

Buffon's agent has confirmed that negotiations with Arsenal do exist, but that they are complicated and nowhere near complete.

Buffon's representative Silvano Martina admits Arsenal are a tempting option, but feels a deal is fraught with complications.

Martina told the Italian media: "The negotiation exists, but it isn't easy.

"London is a pleasing option, but Gigi would like to stay in Italy.

"Despite this, Arsenal remains a welcome solution."

Juventus are thought to be asking for €28 million (£19 million) for Buffon, and coupled with the Italian's hefty wages it would seem that the Italian number one is out of Arsenal's reach.

But his agent has confirmed that Arsenal are in talks to bring Buffon to the new Emirates Stadium, so perhaps money isn't as big an issue as we think.

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/news/2374287/Buffon-transfer-negotiations-exist.html

i no he might not go to arsenal but we should be asking for much more then 28 m......

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Whatever anyone may think of Buffon, the fact is that he would fetch alot of money (more than he's actually worth, TBH) and money is what we need right now. If Cannavaro indeed stays we will miss Gigi alot less than many think, and indeed there are loads of keepers who could fill those boots as well if not better. Along with Zlatan he should be the first to go, from a purely practical point of view.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Lilianna said:

it's a pity though
i only saw that this season, as he struggled to get to form after his injury.If things didnt go wrong to juve, he would've been a legend here similar to zoff.

But i guess that wont happen, am thinking he will leave , i just hope its not milan he playing for.

OP

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
  • Thread Starter #97
    Buffon ha deciso: "Resto alla Juventus anche in serie B"
    Mer 19 Lug, 10:34 AM

Gianluigi Buffon rimarra'' alla Juventus anche nella prossima stagione. Dopo essere riuscita a trattenere Alessandro Del Piero, la societa'' bianconera non perdera'' neanche il portiere campione del mondo anche in caso, ormai certo, di retrocessione in serie B a tavolino. Buffon ha preso la decisione di restare dopo una cena con il proprio agente Silvano Martina e la rottura della trattativa tra Juventus e Milan. La societa'' bianconera e'' peraltro rimasta un po'' indispettita dalla cessione di Christian Abbiati, lo scorso anno alla Juve, in prestito al Torino.

"Restero'' alla Juventus anche in serie B - ha detto Buffon - mi sono legato a questa maglia e questa gente quindi mi sento in condizione di rimanere. Se poi la Juve dovesse decidere di vendermi accetterei qualsisasi scelta della mia societa'', ma il mio desiderio e'' quello di continuare a difendere la porta bianconera".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)