Buffon in betting scandal! Also Iuliano, Maresca, Chimenti (2 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
m_elayyan said:
If blame moggi not for doing it but he must be more careful when you do something like this:D
This reminds me of something I mentioned earliar.. I mean the question is how much did Juve really know about this apart from Moggi (if true). We had the doping scandals where dr agricola was the only one punished, I see it as possible that hopefully only moggi gets punished for this too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
axlrose85 said:
we'll get to know the final verdict and nothing more imo.
If your right so let it be, I wish the triad and Juventus all the best in their trials and to overcome it in their favour.. be it innocent or ... guilty :D.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
PhRoZeN said:
All I ask is for evidence to shut me up.. I say no more. A story has two sides, the triad aint commented just yet I would like to hear there side of the story despite how as obvious as it may seem...

Thank you aswell. We heard enough from the Press, Media etc. I'm yet to hear from the Triade and the board something about this. And as you said, a story always has two sides, lets hear the other side now.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Martin said:
Actually, they have commented. They said it was all media BS.

I heard Giraudo only commenting about this. But he didn't say more than 5 or 6 words other than It's media dilemma like usually. When Moggi was asked he replied that we're in a press silence. Now that they want to leave I expect moggi to atleast reply to all these accusations.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Buffon: I did nothing wrong

Gianluigi Buffon was interrogated by public prosecutors today and, although he did bet on sports, insists it was not done illegally.

“It is true that I placed a few bets, but only where it was allowed,” explained the Juventus goalkeeper in the Turin magistrate’s office today.

“I stopped in the autumn of 2005, when it was banned for players to gamble. I have always respected the rules, both legal and disciplinary. I only ever bet on foreign football and other sports, because in Italy I was not allowed to do anything else.”

Buffon was named as one of the players under investigation by the Parma public prosecutor for a betting ring.

There were newspaper rumours these allegations could cost him his place in Italy’s World Cup squad, so the former Parma shot-stopper was eager to clear his name quickly.

It is legal for Italians to bet on Internet sites for overseas football, but at the start of this season all players were banned from betting on any sports to avoid the possibility of a conflict of interests.

channel4

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
weird that the prosecutors interrogated buffon when/if they don't have evidence that he broke the rules (by betting on italians matches ).

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
I heard Giraudo only commenting about this. But he didn't say more than 5 or 6 words other than It's media dilemma like usually. When Moggi was asked he replied that we're in a press silence. Now that they want to leave I expect moggi to atleast reply to all these accusations.
Well if im right he will have a press meeting on monday morning. Either way Moggi is the best of liars even if he did tell the truth noone would notice. :D

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Anyone else feeling a little depressed over this?? In swedish newspapers it sounds like Canna, Buffon and Lippi not gonna be in the WC.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
cunninlynguists said:
I only ever bet on foreign football and other sports, because in Italy I was not allowed to do anything else.”

It is legal for Italians to bet on Internet sites for overseas football, but at the start of this season all players were banned from betting on any sports to avoid the possibility of a conflict of interests.
Its interesting so does it mean he didnt know this seasons new rules? If so I guess he may be found guilty for it.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Loppan said:
Anyone else feeling a little depressed over this?? In swedish newspapers it sounds like Canna, Buffon and Lippi not gonna be in the WC.
hmm well all I can say is thank you italian newspaper and the twats in napoli who had to come out with this stuff now. Theyve messed up a good farewell of our triad, put suspicions in almost every juve fans head and most of all messed up the national team. As its all a conspiracy, its time i started my own off and I think there is some foreign influence in all of this. Italian football is at its lowest... shameful indeed.

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
Its interesting so does it mean he didnt know this seasons new rules? If so I guess he may be found guilty for it.
from what he said he is not guilty of anything , stops betting before the new rules

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Dominic said:
The investigation on Buffon, concerns bets he placed last season.
Loyada said:
from what he said he is not guilty of anything , stops betting before the new rules
Ahh right, I read it again. Thanks for the correction. Therefore by the sound of things the guys clean, unless they bring up some evidence, like video footage of him stepping into a bookie and actually putting on a bet.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i dont see anything wrong on betting on local matches either as long as you're not a part of that match in a playing or management capacity.imagine capello betting a million that zlatan would be starting the next game.he'd be richer than bill gates by now.

wookie

Aug 5, 2004
Dominic said:
The investigation on Buffon, concerns bets he placed last season.
where do you know ?

i still thinks buffon is innocent ,cause he said so .
any new information for me about the scandal : is buffon already found guilty or banned from anything ?

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
I am just always wondering why such things are coming out more than one year after they happened just days before our last match. If the police did know about something illegal why didn't they arrest the people a half year ago??? Why is the media always informed first? Why are there just such a lot of rumours and no facts if the whole thing happened more than one year ago???
I just hope that all the things are cleared fast and that it gets fast decided whether Juventus as a club or Moggi of his own did something illegal without the club knowing about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)