Boxing (3 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I guess I missed Bad Bunny. Shame.

I did however see Saweetie, Doja Cat, Ice Cube, Snoop, E-40, Justin Bieber and a couple people who’s names I don’t know.

makes you wonder how they paid for all those performers
Just from the name alone I figured how they look like. Even before I googled them.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Think I've mention this guy before but he looks like a real contender, Joshua Buatsi, light heavy:

The French guy he knocked out was unbeaten but clearly not on his level, so Buatsi himself will most likely be a world title contender in 2 or 3 fights. Like a lot of boxers he hasn't had much action for the past 18 months, which is a shame as he is now 28, but he still has time to challenge.

Explosive power and has that nasty edge when he gets in the ring, like he could really hurt people, but out of it he is a good guy. You can see when he was in the moment and fired that second shot on the guy on the way down he realised that the guy was already knocked out and started to apologise almost. It's hard to turn that instinct on and off in the ring like that.

May 23, 2013
Triple G is a true legend and one of my athletes ever. But he really should not be fighting Canelo at 40 years old. Canelo will brutalize him and that will lead to legacy damage due to the inevitable revisionist claims always being far superior to GGG because of that fight. He's made enough money and has a great legacy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Canelo just got destroyed. All 3 judges called it 115-113 cuz Canelo is the Vegas favourite, but it was nowhere near that close. Bivol dominated that fight. Most cards seem to have had it 117-111 or even 118-110.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Joyce just won by stoppage, Dubois' left eye was in bad shape and became an easy target. Not entirely surprising but I expected more from Dubois. Joyce was smarter and showed his experience, deserved winner. He also showed why he is called "The Juggernaut", he really did fire some hard shots of his own.

Dubois was a bit hasty taking this fight, imo, but he's got plenty of time to come back. Questions will be asked if he is getting cut up that badly, however. There's more to boxing than being a monster and smashing people.

Possible Joyce vs Usyk on the cards now.
Joyce just knocked out Joseph Parker and took some big shots on his granite chin. He's now calling out Usyk, obviously. He's probably going to get a world title fight, either way.

He reminds me of George Foreman, he's this lumbering fighter that keeps coming forward with big shots even when he seems like he should be in trouble. Shame he came into boxing so late, he's 37 now.

As for Dubois, he's knocked out a few people since that loss. There is talk of him fighting Jared Anderson, the best American heavyweight prospect in some time. That would be an explosive fight, to be fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)