Boxing (13 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
What do we think to the Loma - Lopez fight?
Great fight, but a mismatch, even though Lopez is the best 135 has to offer. Lopez has too many holes in his game, Loma should dismantle him. It will look alright, because Lopez is bigger and stronger, but Loma will take at least 10 rounds imo.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
So the FOTY at least on paper is almost here. Highly recommend it to anyone who loves boxing. Either Lopez sparks Loma with his power, or Loma shows him levels of the game. Me think Loma is going to break this kid

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Anyone who likes heavyweight boxing, there is a very interesting British fight between Joe Joyce and Daniel Dubois that finally goes ahead after two postponements from lockdown. 10pm GMT on Saturday.

Joyce is a 35 year old who started late but is 11-0-0 with some decent wins against Stiverne, Jennings and Ustinov. Never gave the impression of star quality but this fight could propel him to a bigger fight before his career is up.

Dubois is a bit of a prodigy. 23 years old and 15-0-0. No huge fights yet aside from facing an undefeated Gorman quickly, and this is a huge step up for him in terms of experience, so not without risk. He has very heavy hands and some nice skills, and it seems only a matter of time before he fights for a world title. He does swing and miss a bit, but nothing like Deontay Wilder's crazy windmills.

I suspect Dubois will stop Joyce inside the first 6 rounds, but heavies are hard to predict. Because he's young he might get carried away, but Joyce is quite easy to hit.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Joyce just won by stoppage, Dubois' left eye was in bad shape and became an easy target. Not entirely surprising but I expected more from Dubois. Joyce was smarter and showed his experience, deserved winner. He also showed why he is called "The Juggernaut", he really did fire some hard shots of his own.

Dubois was a bit hasty taking this fight, imo, but he's got plenty of time to come back. Questions will be asked if he is getting cut up that badly, however. There's more to boxing than being a monster and smashing people.

Possible Joyce vs Usyk on the cards now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Tyson was surprisingly good. The guy is so determined.

This celebrity boxing thing is a joke. How did Nate Robinson get a license? He just ran and swung for every shot. The California SAC should be thoroughly embarrassed with themselves.

Have to say though, Snoop Dogg should commentate on more fights :lol:

7:12 "Oh my god, lord Jesus, lord have mercy"
*Snoop starts singing hymns about meeting God*

7:40 "Good night Irene. OH LORD. Call an ambulance, pick up your people".
"Nah Nate from the hood, he be aight, he gonna shake that off".
"There's two things you can't play - you can't play boxing, and you can't play with this pimpin'"

:rofl:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why is a 23 year old fighting a 36yo?
23 year old actually had more pro fights, but he did make a big jump here, he's trying to fast-track his career to be a new Anthony Joshua or something. Questions to be asked about his defence and heart after the way he was picked apart here. The big shot doesn't always work in tough fights.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
'Marvelous' Marvin Hagler has died aged 66.

For me he was one of the top 3 middleweights of all-time. Maybe the most technically gifted.

R.I.P. champ.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Jake Paul just KO’d the fuck out of Ben Askren.

One of the most cringeworthy yet entertaining shows I’ve seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)