Boxing (7 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Lomachenko looks really good. How did he get title shots so early in his pro career though?
Well, it was his main term when negotiated with arum, oscar etc. – to get title shot asap. And it bit him in the ass, overweight salido raged a war on Loma's nuts, showed what pro is all about, still imho it should have a been at least a draw or even siri' dq-ed. Now I don't see anyone who can be favorite against loma all up to 135, guy is too good. Skill wise he is in my top3 p4p with ward and chocolatito.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I guess his Olympic pedigree earned him that. I suppose it's not like someone such as Anthony Joshua who has fought quite a few bums before he has now had a shot, because in the heavyweights if you go in with the best straight away you can get seriously hurt at any moment.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
yeah, 450-1 or something amateur record is quite a pedigree, he is an exception though. Ward also was great amateur, also wlad, hell even rigondeaux, but all of them fought tomato cans in first 10-20 fights, just to learn what's pro is all about. loma learned it in a hard way lol.
I've trained for some time with ukrainian olympic team in the gym, many guys were great amateurs and now doing well in pro – usyk is scheduled with glowazki for title, gvozdyk will have a title shot at light heavy next year max. But loma was head and shoulders above them all.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What a shit fight between GGG and Jacobs. Jacobs boxed smart, but entirely ineffectively. Golovkin doesn't even look like he got hit. Jacobs really just backed away and circled away from Golovkin's range and power the whole fight, and Golovkin really couldn't tag him aside from once or twice, including the knockdown.

Gonzalez losing to Rungvisai, however, was an amazing fight...

- - - Updated - - -

Now Jacobs being a total bitch. :rofl:

Saying he won the fight, and there is a conspiracy to get a Canelo-GGG fight that is the only reason he lost the fight.

Then says he is being gracious in defeat. :rofl:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He was afraid to get GGG'd. So he ran the entire time, then wonders why he got beat.

Kell Brook was way better. That dude threw down.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I had Kell Brook ahead when that fight stopped. Dude is impressive to throw down with GGG, but didn't have the power to last.

Golovkin's best performance for me was still his systematic dismantling of Lemieux. Absolutely crushed him with his jab, until he started to open up for combos.

He tried to do the same thing with Jacobs tonight, but Jacobs is a good 15lbs heavier, has a reach advantage, and circled in a way that allowed him to keep GGG's pressure to a dull roar. He tried to box like Floyd but doesn't have the countering ability. Didn't land much on GOlovkin's face aside from a few glancing blows.

For two knockout artists it was surprisingly lacking in heavy shots.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I had Kell Brook ahead when that fight stopped. Dude is impressive to throw down with GGG, but didn't have the power to last.

Golovkin's best performance for me was still his systematic dismantling of Lemieux. Absolutely crushed him with his jab, until he started to open up for combos.

He tried to do the same thing with Jacobs tonight, but Jacobs is a good 15lbs heavier, has a reach advantage, and circled in a way that allowed him to keep GGG's pressure to a dull roar. He tried to box like Floyd but doesn't have the countering ability. Didn't land much on GOlovkin's face aside from a few glancing blows.

For two knockout artists it was surprisingly lacking in heavy shots.
I totally agree with that assessment. Hopefully he fights Canelo at the end of the year.

Did you see Lemieux's knockout of Stevens last weekend? Devastating.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Still surprised that ggg was not able to hunt Jacobs down. Have only respect for Danny, his battle with cancer and stuff, and now he fought a very smart fight.
Chocolatito was always a weight bully, watch his videos from the camp – dudes just rans with garbage bags around him most of the time. Now he is getting older and it's harder to cut the weight, only downhill from here for Roman.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Speaking to a mate of his out last night just wanted to post this short video of one of Cov's best ever boxers, Richie Evatt:

Absolute bomber and maybe should have won the world title in that fight against Junior Jones. Some wrong career choices and then in retirement his life spiraled out of control, as happens with too many ex-boxers. He died a few years back at the absolute rock bottom. Boxing is life for people like Richie.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I totally agree with that assessment. Hopefully he fights Canelo at the end of the year.

Did you see Lemieux's knockout of Stevens last weekend? Devastating.
Lemieux has always impressed me. I thought he fought a poor fight tactically against Golovkin (even if GGG really impressed me with the way he used the jab to pick him apart), but Lemieux certainly still has potential to be in the top 3-4 middleweights, especially considering he's only 28.

I'd really like to see the Canelo-Golovkin in September-ish, and Jacobs-Lemieux at the same time, with the winner getting a title shot.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
It was a really interesting weekend in boxing, for Ukrainians at least. Lomachenko whitewashed Sosa as expected, cruiserweight Usyk struggled against an ex-olympian Hunter but took the fight and almost killed a guy in the end (ref should've stopped it), but the most impressive win was my friend light-heavy prospect Gvozdyk just obliterated a very solid cuban Gonzalez in 3rds.
Light heavy division is stacked is hell with talent – Ward, Kovalev, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk. Same goes for cruiserweight.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
[video=twitter;858439922226745345]https://twitter.com/juvefcdotcom/status/858439922226745345[/video]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)