Boumsong: Why I chose Juve (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Jeeks said:
I hate his nose...

Anyway, there are three facts that were not mentioned:

1- He was a non-playing member of the France squad at the World Cup in Germany where "Les Bleus" lost to Italy in the final after a penalty shoot-out.

2- Juventus will play a friendly against Newcastle at St James' Park next year as part of the deal.

3- The first installment has already been paid and the other two will be paid in August 2007 and August 2008.

lefty

Aug 22, 2006
welcome boumsong,

he has proven himself in the french competition, but in the english he wasn't that good, i think it wasn't his kind of game. i think he fits very well in the team.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

give the guy a chance, i'm sure he'll turn out ok.

now boom, boom, shake the room!! welcome boumshaketheroomsong.

vletrmx

Mar 22, 2006
i don't like bulshit every new player says about the team: traditions, history, new project bla bla bla..and when difficulties occur, nobody cares about traditions, history, new project...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hopefully the slower pace of the Italian game will be more fitting for Boumsong who seemed to have trouble coping with the haphazard EPL style of play. I suspect he will do better in Serie B however when we're eventually promoted who knows how the guy will play. Here's wishing for the best, Boumsong.

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
He's a Juve-plaxer now, so: All the best for "Boum". Let's see what he can do, before we judge his performances...

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
After all the players that was sold or loaned , finally a singing ...it's gonna be a long season ... Welcome Boumsong :)

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Jean-Alain Boumsong has told skysports.com of his pride at joining Juventus as he aims to help in the rejuvenation of the fallen giants.

The French international defender left Newcastle on Tuesday to join up with Didier Deschamps' side for a fee of £3.3 million.

Despite the Bianconeri suffering demotion to Serie B after being convicted of match-fixing, Boumsong was still determined to turn down a number of other suitors in a bid to complete his dream switch to Stadio Delle Alpi.

Now the 26-year-old is aiming to help restore the historic side to former glories as they bid to return to Serie A as soon as possible.

"They (Juventus) are a big club, with a huge history," Boumsong told skysports.com.

"The other teams wanted a loan deal, but Juventus were the only side that have proposed to transfer me.

"I needed stability, and I think I will find it at Juventus.

"I am proud to be here, and I can't wait to wear that prestigious shirt.

"I hope to be part of the rebuilding of the club, and to bring what I can bring.

"As a child, I used to play for a team in my neighbourhood, it was called Juventus!

"Maybe being here is just destiny."

After an inauspicious season at St James' Park, Boumsong's Newcastle exit looked likely over the summer, but the former Rangers man insists he leaves Tyneside with no ill-feeling towards his former club.

The stopper, who travelled to the World Cup with Les Bleus, is also hoping to cement his place in the international setup under Raymond Domenech in the coming campaign despite playing in the second tier of Italian football.

"People can criticise me for choosing a Serie B side, but I know what I have to do; to be good on the pitch," Boumsong added.

"The French team is a priority, but I have to be good for Juventus first before being picked.

"I want to thank all the French sides that wanted to welcome me.

"My Newcastle experience isn't as negative as people say.

"There have been good moments in spite of the last few months.

"I have learned a lot mentally and physically.

"In England, a football player can only love his job because of the fans and the atmosphere of the stadiums.

"I stay in good terms with Newcastle in spite of the separation."

Meanwhile Udinese have confirmed their interest in signing young Juve striker Raffaele Palladino after his impressive showing on loan at Livorno last season.

skysports.com

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Juve_fanatic said:
im confused!!!:D
what dont you understand mate? Maybe I can help clarify it to you?

Nways, a little stats on this new signing of ours

Name Jean-Alain Boumsong
Club Juventus
DOB 14 Dec 1979
Height 6 3
Born Douala, Cameroon (represents France)
Transfer history
Auxerre Rangers 01 Jul 04 Free Transfer
Rangers Newcastle United 02 Jan 05 £8,000,000
Newcastle United Juventus 22 Aug 06 £3,300,000

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Strange thing happend today, I played PES5, Juve against Newcastle, with Boumsong
of course, and I lost 0:1, and guess who scored... Boumsong in 90+!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)