Boumsong: Why I chose Juve (5 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Jean-Alain Boumsong has signed a four-year contract with Juventus and explains why he chose the drop into Serie B.

“I chose Juve because they are a great club. Their history speaks for itself,” commented the defender as he arrived in Turin this evening.

The former Newcastle United man completed the £3.2m move and put pen to paper on a four-year deal this evening after undergoing a medical.

Born in Cameroon on December 14, 1979, he has 20 caps with the French national team and also has club experience at Le Havre, Auxerre and Glasgow Rangers.

“I am proud to be part of this extraordinary side. Apart from their proud history, the club proved it wanted me here. Other teams asked after me, but Juve really made the effort. They have given me the stability I was after, whereas other outfits just wanted me on loan.”

Boumsong has accepted the drop down into Serie B, where the Turin giants have been pushed with a 17-point penalty after the Calciopoli scandal.

“The team is in the process of reconstruction, but the foundations are in place – the history of Juventus,” he told his official website.

“I hope to contribute to this project and do my part. I cannot wait to pull on this mythical Bianconeri jersey.”<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I got a question?

He's a CB right? So does he play on near to right (as Thuram/Nesta) or left (Canna, Puyol) ?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Hey comon man... he used to do good before Newcastle... maybe it just didn't work out.

He's on our side now, let's try to stay behind him :D

Forza Jean !!!

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Good grief! Anyway welcome Jean-Alain! Hopefully he can recover his confidence & prove his doubters wrong.

That includes me.:D

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Elvin said:
Hey comon man... he used to do good before Newcastle... maybe it just didn't work out.

He's on our side now, let's try to stay behind him :D

Forza Jean !!!
I hope he proves us wrong then Elvin

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Elvin said:
I got a question?

He's a CB right? So does he play on near to right (as Thuram/Nesta) or left (Canna, Puyol) ?
Puyol is a CB who can play on the right not on the left while Nesta is a pure CB together with Canna who cant play anywhere else. However, Nesta could still move to the left a little bit more than Canna. And Boumsong is something like Cannavaro who could only play as a central defender due to the fact that he sucks at dribbling and lacks in speed. He still covers the right flank sometimes during his days in Newcastle as well as for France (until Thuram returns for France)

Anyways, for that price, I say give him a chance. Now we have more depth in our defence. I say starting lineup of Kovac and Tudor. But somehow i could see this man starting instead of Tudor. All the Best Jean Alain!!!

Jul 11, 2006
Welcome to Juve Jean-Alain Boumsong

I think we shouldn't bash him becauz oh his bad time at Newcastle...Newcastle is the smaller and english version of Inter and they always waste talents. JAB was good at Auxerre and Rangers and he will be very motivated to make a fresh start at Juve under Deschamps who counts on JAB. in football things go fast...in future we will be very happy that this player joined us in hard times, you will see:agree:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
IlDivinCodino said:
Puyol is a CB who can play on the right not on the left while Nesta is a pure CB together with Canna who cant play anywhere else. However, Nesta could still move to the left a little bit more than Canna. And Boumsong is something like Cannavaro who could only play as a central defender due to the fact that he sucks at dribbling and lacks in speed. He still covers the right flank sometimes during his days in Newcastle as well as for France (until Thuram returns for France)

Anyways, for that price, I say give him a chance. Now we have more depth in our defence. I say starting lineup of Kovac and Tudor. But somehow i could see this man starting instead of Tudor. All the Best Jean Alain!!!
im confused!!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)