Books you're reading (15 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Paul Auster : True tales of American life
A collection of stories from just regular people, put into a book, sorted in different categories.
Honestly, decidedly mediocre. Largely divided between people with an affinity for the supernatural and just regular stories which aren't necessarily interesting. Among 180 stories, a choice few were actually good.

++ [ originally posted by scorpion10 ] ++
I've read Dude where's my country, by Miechel Moore. It was good and truthful. Europeans wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
Would you care to elaborate?

scorpion10

Crusader of Justice
Jul 28, 2005
Sure. It's all about our president and all the corrupt things he's done. The Media doesn't really expose it, but this book does. I don't know if any Europeans know what reallly went on in this country, especially on 9/11. You should read the book.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Sure. It's all about our president and all the corrupt things he's done. The Media doesn't really expose it, but this book does. I don't know if any Europeans know what reallly went on in this country, especially on 9/11. You should read the book.
I have read it. You made it sound like if you're European and you read it, you're not gonna get it.

scorpion10

Crusader of Justice
Jul 28, 2005
No, I didn't mean that. I just mean that not too many people are aware of what happened, its not that they won't get it, its just that they don't know. Anway, how did you like it? Funny huh?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The thing with Michael Moore is that he is presenting his own point of view and he's been doing the same thing for a long time. He is getting repetetive lately.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I started reading Franklin Foer's How Soccer Explains the World. It's nothing exceptional so far per se, but it's a very good read. I'm still on the section going over the Ultras and the crime bosses associated with Red Star Belgrade after the collapse of Yugoslavia in the 90s. Definitely a page-turner.

cuore

Aug 10, 2005
I just finished readong Gazza- My story...It's pretty good, gives you alot of insight into a man whos football genius has been greatly overshadowed by his off-field antics.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If you have the right point of view and people try to shut you up than of course you will keep repeating it. You shouldn't give up.
Is that the name of a book? :confused:

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
"Eldest"; by Christopher Paolini.
It's out!?? Damn, I forgot.. I'll go get it tomorrow..

I'm currently reading.. (well, attempting to read, really) The Last Juror by John Grisham.. I can't seem to get through the first chapter, though..

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #298
    Use Of Weapons
    Iain M. Banks

Enjoyable sci fi, though I found the format, where every second chapter was a flashback (in reverse cronological order too!!) rather disorientating at first. Ultimately, a little artificial.

I have to admit, I expected more from Banks. Maybe this is what I get for reading three of his in a row! I'm reading Eye, a collection of Frank Herbert's short stories right now. I've only read two so far, one of which I've read the novel he expanded it into, so I'll refrain from comment for now, except to say, read his Dune if you haven't already. A modern masterpiece of literature, sci fi or no.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    I read Tolkien's "The Hobbit".

Man, that book is great. It might be the best book I ever read. Difficult to compare with The Lord of the Rings. I don't know which one I preferred.

Now I'm reading Oscar Wilde's Picture of Dorian Gray. Not boring at all. And some very nice quotes... I might use one as a sig

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++

It's out!?? Damn, I forgot.. I'll go get it tomorrow..
    its fcking awesome. might be boring at first, then it picks up its pace and, man, towards the end it'll just blow your mind away.

let me know when you're done. i'd love to discuss the book.

does anyone read the bartimeus triology?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)