Books you're reading (20 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Absolutely. I love those little bits where he's just being random, or mocking an artificial style of writing, like
"There is a moment in every dawn when light floats, there is the possibility of magic. Creation holds its breath.

The moment passed as it regularly did on Squornshellous Zeta, without incident."
Exactly! And the book Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in the novel itself is hilarious. I honestly cannot stop laughing.

My book has six stories - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Life, the Universe and Everything, So Long, and thanks for All the Fish, Mostly Harmless and a bonus story - Young Zaphod plays it safe.

I am so glad I bought the book. Such a good read.

Buy on AliExpress.com

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Dan Brown's Angels & Demons

What can I say, not that different from Da Vinci Code. Plot is pretty much Hollywood and good thing about the book is all the trivia on symbols etc.

e: DVC had more trivia in it.

Aug 1, 2003
I dont give a fiddler's fart on what people will say, but I finished reading "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". Stores open at 7 am today and I was there at 7.30 to get the book. Read it for 9 hours or so, stopping only to eat, to pray or go to the toilet.

I feel tempted to talk about the book but feel that it might be too early for spoilers.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I saw the trailer for the movie Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe today, and I'm proud to say I've read every single book in The Chronicles of Narnia :cool::touched:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
I dont give a fiddler's fart on what people will say, but I finished reading "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". Stores open at 7 am today and I was there at 7.30 to get the book. Read it for 9 hours or so, stopping only to eat, to pray or go to the toilet.

I feel tempted to talk about the book but feel that it might be too early for spoilers.
I spent most of the morning reading half-blood prince to my daughter....
Had to stop at about halfway(birthday surprises) as i couldnt continue doing all the different voices (Ale would kill me if i didnt do the voices) any longer....

We are both really enjoying it so far... hopefully finnish it tomorrow

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
The last book i read before the harry potter today was an amazing book (unfortunately incredibly rare)that cannot be recommended enough.... If you are lucky enough to ever see a copy of this book... Dont hesitate... it will live with you for ever...

An Enquiry into the Nature of the Human Soul; Wherein the Immateriality of the Soul Is Evinced from the Principles of Reason and Philosophy [1737]

By Andrew Baxter

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
The last book i read before the harry potter today was an amazing book (unfortunately incredibly rare)that cannot be recommended enough.... If you are lucky enough to ever see a copy of this book... Dont hesitate... it will live with you for ever...

An Enquiry into the Nature of the Human Soul; Wherein the Immateriality of the Soul Is Evinced from the Principles of Reason and Philosophy [1737]

By Andrew Baxter
This book costs 343 USD on Amazon.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am not arguing about the price, but I thought I might order it. Then I changed my mind when I saw the cost. I will check the library to see if it is found.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Martin, this is the database in the library in Bergen :confused: I will not go to Norway to read the book even if it is cheaoer than buying it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I take it you know this already but universities have very good connections when it comes to this, you can probably find it somewhere in Sweden. And if you can't, there's a chance you can order it from Bergen.

Aug 1, 2003
Anyone read the book Catch-22? It looks boring but you know, you cant judge a book by its cover :D

Have you finished reading half blood prince Paul? Im dying to share my thoughts with someone, but nobody is done with the book yet :)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I take it you know this already but universities have very good connections when it comes to this, you can probably find it somewhere in Sweden. And if you can't, there's a chance you can order it from Bergen.
I will see about that, but I am no longer in university. I doubt the town public library works with a university library in Norway, but I will ask them on moday anyway. If it did not work I will see if a friend can get it.

Shadowfax, your link shows the book 3 times more expensive AND the book is used. :cool:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I just finished reading "Uno, nessuno e centomila" by Luigi Pirandello. One of the greatest books I've ever read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)