Books you're reading (8 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Saw this one and HAD to buy it :lol: @Post Ironic

Wanted it for my little girl cousin, but now that i read it myself, i'm not sure anymore. Too creepy :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

But still better than the Disneyfied fairytales i guess.

Might as well give her a copy of The Bloody Chamber :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Wanted it for my little girl cousin, but now that i read it myself, i'm not sure anymore. Too creepy :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Are you me? Or am I you? :shifty:

I bought this same book for one of my little nieces, but realized it probably is a little too creepy for a 6 year old. I'll wait a year or two to give it to her. It's a beautiful book.

Angela Carter is great. Infernal Desire Machines of Dr Hoffman is one of my favourite books to this day. :heart:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Are you me? Or am I you? :shifty:

I bought this same book for one of my little nieces, but realized it probably is a little too creepy for a 6 year old. I'll wait a year or two to give it to her. It's a beautiful book.

Angela Carter is great. Infernal Desire Machines of Dr Hoffman is one of my favourite books to this day. :heart:
My God, trying to traumatize kids. You get your nieces sweet cute shit, not scarring material!

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
My God, trying to traumatize kids. You get your nieces sweet cute shit, not scarring material!
You must have skipped the part where we both said that we think it's too creepy to give it to them already :D

That's what fairytales used to be there for though, to show the kids that not everything in life is sweet cute shit.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
You must have skipped the part where we both said that we think it's too creepy to give it to them already :D

That's what fairytales used to be there for though, to show the kids that not everything in life is sweet cute shit.
Who wants to turn their nieces into little invalid princesses. I'd much prefer if they become wild and adventurous little bohemians.
All good yo. Inshallah I will have triplets of daughters and they'll have daddy's left, 1 will be a Olympic gold medalist boxer, another future head general of somalia and the other president. Will have 2 sons who will rule neighboring nations and north America.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
All good yo. Inshallah I will have triplets of daughters and they'll have daddy's left, 1 will be a Olympic gold medalist boxer, another future head general of somalia and the other president. Will have 2 sons who will rule neighboring nations and north America.
I will have two daughters I train as Hashashin, to assassinate tyrants like your children.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The Master and Margarita
A Hero of Our Time
Fathers and Sons
Steppenwolf
Thanks, I'll check them out :tup:

Already started Marcus Aurelius' Meditations.
why did you scratch the book you posted above? what's wrong with it?
I forgot that I had already downloaded and begun to read it before. But I decided to give it another go.

So I read like the first 10% of it, which was further than I reached the first time. It was interesting at first, but then became repetitive. Then I looked at the table of contents to see if there was anything more to look forward to. There wasn't.

It seems to be generally highly rated, but too much about God, the Godhead and the Divine Ground for my liking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)