Books you're reading (19 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Light has it's place, when I'm on holiday I prefer soemthing I can step in and out off and that doesn't require deep concentration. Besides there's a lot of great light literature.

Murakami is sex. Love that oddness of his books. Actually him I thought of when I wrote Magic Realism. I made the mistake of buying 1q84 as one entire paperback book, it was so hard to handle, that I put it back on my shelf and went down to the library and got book 1, 2 and 3 separately :lol:
:agree:

1Q84 was quite the behemoth. So good though. I don't know why I refer to Murakami as a guilty pleasure. He's brilliant. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle and Kafka on the Shore are still my favourites of his.

Jorge Luis Borges is another in a similar sort of style (albeit very brief) that I adore. I probably read a short story or parable of his every other day.

Buy on AliExpress.com

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Cheers. They look more liek vacation style books than Dule's :p

I've been recommended Olga before, so I guess I'll give her a shot. I might even read her in Poland Yes @piotrr and @radekas I'm invading your country this summer. Tour De Extermination Camp here I coem.
Shoot me a PM if you'll be anywhere near Warsaw. ;)

So i can know when to be somewhere else.

Nah, let's grab some beers. :beer:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
:agree:

1Q84 was quite the behemoth. So good though. I don't know why I refer to Murakami as a guilty pleasure. He's brilliant. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle and Kafka on the Shore are still my favourites of his.

Jorge Luis Borges is another in a similar sort of style (albeit very brief) that I adore. I probably read a short story or parable of his every other day.
I'm reading.. well listening to Kafka on the Shore at the moment. The boy named Crow :D

Shoot me a PM if you'll be anywhere near Warsaw. ;)

So i can know when to be somewhere else.

Nah, let's grab some beers. :beer:
:tup: :beer:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Just finished "Reasons to stay alive" by Matt Haig, captivating and well written, its about how Matt himself went through depression at the end of 90ties. Highly recommend this one if someone close to you is going through depression, helped me understand it a lot better

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just finished "Reasons to stay alive" by Matt Haig, captivating and well written, its about how Matt himself went through depression at the end of 90ties. Highly recommend this one if someone close to you is going through depression, helped me understand it a lot better
Hope you make it through, buddy.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
which writers for example, i know from pekic. his books are not avalaible in english....

-----------------------

actually there is "how to quit a vampyre"...
Ivo Andric (Nobel Prize winner), Milos Crnjanski, Mesa Selimovic, Pekic, Milorad Pavic, Danilo Kis, Borislav Stankovic, Momo Kapor. Probably many more but these are the most famous ones I guess. I might have skipped over some. But plenty of great books there.

Jun 7, 2003
Ivo Andric (Nobel Prize winner), Milos Crnjanski, Mesa Selimovic, Pekic, Milorad Pavic, Danilo Kis, Borislav Stankovic, Momo Kapor. Probably many more but these are the most famous ones I guess. I might have skipped over some. But plenty of great books there.
aa yaa good god, i have bridges over drina from andric, had also kis early sufferings didnt read, have to buy again.

read some poems from momo kapor about beograd

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The Master and Margarita
A Hero of Our Time
Fathers and Sons
Steppenwolf
Thanks for this recommendation bro. Really enjoyed it even though I took over 4 months to complete it (actually still have a few chapters left :D)

Your last two suggestions have been great :tup:

Next on my list is 2001: A Space Odyssey

Anyone read it? Seems excellent from the reviews

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Thanks for this recommendation bro. Really enjoyed it even though I took over 4 months to complete it (actually still have a few chapters left :D)

Your last two suggestions have been great :tup:

Next on my list is 2001: A Space Odyssey

Anyone read it? Seems excellent from the reviews
Two? What was the one before? I already forgot.

Btw, I cannot even express how amazing was The Master and Margarita for me. Loving it isn't saying enough. It's a mind-bender. Oh, and finish it, ffs. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)