Books you're reading (11 Viewers)

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
I can't find time to read anything these days. And I'm sad.
Lawrence in Arabia, by Scott Anderson. One of the best biographies I've ever read, about one of modern history's most interesting people, in the most interesting place to be at that time. You can't fully understand WWI without understanding Lawrence's story.

EDIT: I've now noticed that you lack time, not a book. But I wrote that already, so I'm not going to delete it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Lawrence in Arabia, by Scott Anderson. One of the best biographies I've ever read, about one of modern history's most interesting people, in the most interesting place to be at that time. You can't fully understand WWI without understanding Lawrence's story.

EDIT: I've now noticed that you lack time, not a book. But I wrote that already, so I'm not going to delete it.
Sounds good, gonna add to my readlist.

P.S. You sound like one of the missing Danes

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

I heared a lot of great things about it. I only watched the movie, though.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
A friend of mine borrowed me books. But yeah, I saw similar releases here in Belgrade, it's all separated in 3 books just like the movies. And when I think about it... I prefer it that way cause I really wouldn't like holding 1200 or so pages at once lol.

I just love the movie. I think I watched every part like 15+ times, even watched the making of 10+ hours which I found interesting. For some reason I've been postpoing Tolkien way too long. I wanna read all 3 and most likely I'll end up reading both The Silmarillion and The Children of Húrin. However I won't read one after another cause I've got some big names lined up waiting.
Сhildren of Hurin makes an excellent standalone book. Silmarillion is more of a background for those who couldn't get enough of LotR, like me

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I've had the same issue as well. But I find if I give myself 10 or 15 minutes right before bed, I don't feel like such a bum.
These days I try to get up earlier during the week to read for half an hour. Although some days I say fuck it and press snooze :D it's really got me back into reading. And if what I'm reading is good, I end up finding more time in the evenings to read it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Сhildren of Hurin makes an excellent standalone book. Silmarillion is more of a background for those who couldn't get enough of LotR, like me
:tup:

These days I try to get up earlier during the week to read for half an hour. Although some days I say fuck it and press snooze :D it's really got me back into reading. And if what I'm reading is good, I end up finding more time in the evenings to read it.
Nothing beats a good book.

Expect a good coffee.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005

Reading this. Pretty interesting stuff covering the Democratic Party.

FYI - i went through the whole 'unable to find time to read' phase too, and it sucks ( i still have a ton of books with me that I haven't read as a result ) but the best time to read is easily right before going to bed.

I read for 30 odd minutes regularly.Not only does it help me sleep compared to being on a phone, it also helps you unwind and relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Reading this. Pretty interesting stuff covering the Democratic Party.

FYI - i went through the whole 'unable to find time to read' phase too, and it sucks ( i still have a ton of books with me that I haven't read as a result ) but the best time to read is easily right before going to bed.

I read for 30 odd minutes regularly.Not only does it help me sleep compared to being on a phone, it also helps you unwind and relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've tried reading every morning for half an hour but I just end up falling asleep on myself. So yeah, I've realised before bed is best :D

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I've tried reading every morning for half an hour but I just end up falling asleep on myself. So yeah, I've realised before bed is best :D

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Even 30 minutes a day and you get a fair bit of reading done. It's nice to occasionally take a relaxing weekend day and just chill outside with a bottle of wine and a good book. :D

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I set a goal to finish 20 books by the end of this year which is quite ambitious for me because I'm busy and not an especially reader. I've managed 10 so far, a mixture of philosophy and novels. Trying to read some classic literature which I feel like I should have read.

The last one I finished was Alice In Wonderland/Through The Looking Glass and it is a truly amazing work, hilarious.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
In my line of work, I spend my entire days just reading books and articles. When I get home I VERY rarely feel like reading more and instead play video games, if I have the time. In the previous years, I've been sticking to Stephen King books because they're easy reading and I find them, most of the time, good reads. Two weeks ago I picked up a book I started reading two years ago and finished it. Wool by Hugh Howey, which was great. I then remembered that I got a Kindle as a gift last year, so then I started reading again and realized how much I loved reading on this wonderful piece of machinery.

In the past two weeks, I read Anomaly by Scott Prussing, which I really enjoyed, and followed it up by four of the Blue Fire Saga books by the very same author, which is OK but I intend to read them all and then read the merging book of Anomaly and Blue Fire Saga books.

Now I am asking for help, do you have any suggestions on science fiction books? I LOVED reading Andy Weir's book The Martian. I love sci-fi movies so I think I would enjoy reading these kinds of books as well. I open for any suggestions but I would prefer if there weren't too many characters in the book to keep track of. I get lost/tired if there is too many.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)