Books you're reading (22 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Juventino[RUS];5373492 said:
Just because you didn't understand a shit about the guy and his social anxiety
No, I mean, it's literally for 14 year olds. They give the book to adolescents in high schools.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Lol. That's for 14 year olds, dude.
"My hunting hat gave me quite a lot of protection, in a way, but I got soaked, anyway. I didn't care though. I felt so happy all of a sudden, the way old Phoebe kept going around and around. I was damn near bawling, I felt so damn happy, if you want to know the truth. ...It was just that she looked so nice, the way she kept going around and around, in her blue coat and all."

:delpiero:

Every boy I knew loved this book. It was easy to see why, they could relate to Holden. I had nothing in common with him though, nothing relatable at all, but I loved loved loved the book.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
"My hunting hat gave me quite a lot of protection, in a way, but I got soaked, anyway. I didn't care though. I felt so happy all of a sudden, the way old Phoebe kept going around and around. I was damn near bawling, I felt so damn happy, if you want to know the truth. ...It was just that she looked so nice, the way she kept going around and around, in her blue coat and all."

:delpiero:

Every boy I knew loved this book. It was easy to see why, they could relate to Holden. I had nothing in common with him though, nothing relatable at all, but I loved loved loved the book.
I read it when I was 14 and loved it too. But it seems like an odd book for a 30 year old to read. At the very least I'd say I'd prefer other books by now..

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I read it when I was 14 and loved it too. But it seems like an odd book for a 30 year old to read. At the very least I'd say I'd prefer other books by now..
I get what you say.

Don't know if i ever told you but my impression of you in your rebellious years at Juventuz was always that you (and your language) were greatly influenced by Holden :D Even the part i quoted above bears a resemblance.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Finally ordered "Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace. :weee:
:shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

I get what you say.

Don't know if i ever told you but my impression of you in your rebellious years at Juventuz was always that you (and your language) were greatly influenced by Holden :D Even the part i quoted above bears a resemblance.
Iranian/Persian literature... well, novels... What am I missing out on?

I've only read a couple works by Sadeq Hedayat (The Owl :heart: ) and then The Neighbours by Mahmoud. So very little...

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
:shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

Iranian/Persian literature... well, novels... What am I missing out on?

I've only read a couple works by Sadeq Hedayat (The Owl :heart: ) and then The Neighbours by Mahmoud. So very little...
The fuck man :lol::heart:

I'm not very well read myself but my favorites are "The Little Black Fish" (Samad Behrangi), "Savushun" (Simin Daneshvar), "Her Eyes" (Bozorg Alavi), "Three Drops of Blood" (another Hedayat's work). Also, "Kelidar" is one of the most famous ones.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That sounds like Coelho wrote it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Now i'm not sure anymore if your hatred for Coelho is legit cause that's definitely not his style of writing.
Well, half of it is.

My hunting hat gave me quite a lot of protection, in a way, but I got soaked, anyway. I didn't care though. I felt so happy all of a sudden, the way old Phoebe kept going around and around. I was damn near bawling, I felt so damn happy, if you want to know the truth. ...It was just that she looked so nice, the way she kept going around and around, in her blue coat and all."

You're an intelligent woman which is quite rare. I can't believe such quote left a taste for you tbh.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Well, half of it is.

My hunting hat gave me quite a lot of protection, in a way, but I got soaked, anyway. I didn't care though. I felt so happy all of a sudden, the way old Phoebe kept going around and around. I was damn near bawling, I felt so damn happy, if you want to know the truth. ...It was just that she looked so nice, the way she kept going around and around, in her blue coat and all."

You're an intelligent woman which is quite rare. I can't believe such quote left a taste for you tbh.
You don't have the context my friend. Coelho's bs is meaningless. There's actually a website you can feed with seemingly profound words and get Coelho-like sentences as output. What i quoted is beautiful both in form and content.

As for the bold part, you're better than that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:boh: What?

Should have read it earlier, but i heard it can be a pain in the ass to get into it :D
It can be. It's a great book... but I always felt like I was forcing myself to enjoy it.

Pynchon's novels Gravity's Rainbow and Against the Day are better. :D

- - - Updated - - -

The fuck man :lol::heart:

I'm not very well read myself but my favorites are "The Little Black Fish" (Samad Behrangi), "Savushun" (Simin Daneshvar), "Her Eyes" (Bozorg Alavi), "Three Drops of Blood" (another Hedayat's work). Also, "Kelidar" is one of the most famous ones.
Thanks. You are the best. :heart:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No. And yes.

I'm renovating my courtyard and it takes so much of my time it's incredible, despite of it being quite small. I had a trillion years old shed as well which got demolished so I'm pretty much working 8-10 hours every day for the past 2 weeks with 1 day off. My arms are pretty much destroyed, I can't even feel fingers :D So aye... When I finish it I usually go out with my friend for a couple of hours, go home & hit the bed. I feel sick of it already so I can't wait for it to finish so I can hit the books again. But on a positive note I'll finally be able to read outside & drink a coffee if I want to :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)