Books you're reading (7 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Therer should be Danish translations around, most of Dante's works are classics...

I can't really comment on them themselves though, never read them or anything from that time period for that matter (except for some passages of "The Prince", which actually were considerably interesting. I should read the whole thing when I get the time).

What I can defenitely recommend for anyone interested in history is "The Sleepwalkers: How Europe went to War". It's an incredibly massiv piece, but once you're through you really know just about everything about WW I, particularly how it could even happen, including a whole shitton of aspects and details you've never even thought of being able to play a role in it. Changed my understanding of European history in quite a few aspects, and much of the books thematics are still very relevant today.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 1, 2010
the steak? lol yes i have read a lot of the memoires in highschool, of the same era montesquieu is also as skillful, and if you want to try something a lil different go for the russians, you'll never look back :p
I've read a few of Dostoievsky's books (The Idiot, Letters from the Undeground, Crime and Punishment). I haven't read The Brothers Karamazov and Tolstoy though, those are next.

I should read more of Monstesquieu. I've been concentrating more on Rousseau and Tocqueville lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)