Books you're reading (16 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Whats the fun in reading a science fiction book? At least with a movie you get to see the sci-fi visuals...reading a sci-fi book is so unappealing.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I was watching the trailer of Arnold's next movie Sabotage a few hours ago. To find out the name of one of the actors I wiki'd the movie and found that it's loosely based on the book And Then There Was None by Agatha Christie. Picked it up and finished reading it in a couple of hours. Haven't done that in the longest time. Fun fact: the book was earlier called Ten Little Niggers. True story :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Agatha Christie was a required reading in middle school, read the book when it was called ten little niggers, awkward title when you were the only African in the class :D ( I didnt care, but some of the girls were all "offended" on my behalf) But her books is pretty much why I started reading.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Agatha Christie was a required reading in middle school, read the book when it was called ten little niggers, awkward title when you were the only African in the class :D ( I didnt care, but some of the girls were all "offended" on my behalf) But her books is pretty much why I started reading.
:lol:

Oh, and Agatha Christie sounds much more fun than that we were reading at that time. :p

Dec 31, 2008
the fuck :lol:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Fight Club.

Somehow the book just doesn't seem to be quite as good as the movie,which is a first as far as i'm concerned.In almost every other case,the book has always outdone the movie.Godfather was the other book where the movie was just as good if not better.Although it kind of depends on which one you came across first.For both Fightclub and Godfather,i saw the movies before i read the book.So that kind of developed a subconcious bias towards the movie even though the books were released earlier and carry the story in it's original form.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Continuing with Russian literature this week; next on the list is Crime and Punishment; read it some 10 years while still in high school, but Dostoyevsky never gets old.

The Idiot is remarkable book btw, somewhat ashamed that I haven't read it before. Religion, status of women in that period, the right of individual to take his life under certain unbearable circumstance like terminal illness, superficiality of then society, along with an excellent plot contribute to the fact that this literary piece is regarded as one of the finest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)