Books you're reading (12 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Just been given a copy of Clash of Kings to read. Only recently watched the first series of Game of Thrones and couldn't wait until April to find out what happens next.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Anyone have a proper home library going? With nice quality books (Easton Press and the like)?

I've decided to start one. Received 'Brave New World' in the mail today. Really beautiful looking book for the shelf.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I was given a set of Harvard Classics when I was younger. They consist of anything from Grimm's tales to Whitman and Cervantes.

There are 20 or so volumes. I have them on a book shelf in my room. I've also got a fairly large collection of various Hardback books, and a ton of paperback books.

I think it really is relative when describing a proper home library. I wouldn't trade my chewed up copy of Maniac Magee for anything.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Yeah, should have specified a bit; "proper" as in "shelves of classic leather-bound books." The ones that are half for decoration, I guess!

-edit. Easton Press does really nice editions on a wide variety of topics.

Features of an Easton Press exclusive Collector's Edition book:

bound in fine genuine leather
22kt gold-stamped spine accents
distinctive raised spine hubs
intricate gilt stamped cover designs
specially milled acid-neutral paper
Smyth-sewn pages
gilded page edges
endsheets of moiré silk
permanent satin ribbon page-marker

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Fancy.

I've been meaning to get a nice leather bound collection of LOTR. Haven't seen on I like enough yet.

I received a pretty sweet collection of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series for Christmas last year. Not leather, but good sturdy library bound stuff with words sewn into the cover and a fancy internal cloth bookmark.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
dunno if anyone likes this kind of stuff.but i love lord of the rings and the inheritance cycle. dragons elfs and stuff.always a good read :D

Aug 1, 2003
dunno if anyone likes this kind of stuff.but i love lord of the rings and the inheritance cycle. dragons elfs and stuff.always a good read :D
Ive already pre ordered the final Inheritance book, comes out tomorrow :weee:

Just finished Clive Barker's "Absolute Midnight", 3rd instalment of his Abarat series - its predecessor came out when I was 15 so that might explain the young adult genre ... Anyhoo, wasn't flawless and felt rushed here and there, but I loved the book nonetheless, very imaginative and full of adventure.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Finished 'A Dance of Dragons' tonight (book 5 of ASOIAF).

Just awful.

Plot movement was nearly at a standstill, what little there was proved predictable and pretty inconsequential.

I'm convinced the author is secretly a pedophile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)