Books you're reading (6 Viewers)

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,621
    I finished Treason's Harbour last night. It's the 9th Aubray-Maturin book by Patrick O'Brian (some of you may know the film, Master and Commander, which was adapted from the books), and I'm reading them in order. The standard is holding up nicely, though where the first few books were essentially stand-alone, they run into one another a bit now - the end of the books feels a bit like the end of a chapter.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Naggar

Bianconero
    Sep 4, 2007
    I just got me today a few books from Alexandria annual book fair, and I'm going again this week for more (with more cash)

I got today an Oscar Wilde book "The Happy Prince and Other Tales" which I read a lot before but wanted to own. and I also got Bram Stoker's "Dracula" and a few more Arabic ones

Did anyone here read Joyce's "Dubliners" or "A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man" ?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

fantastic experience, really great book.

For the past month I've been reading another classic novelist Mikhail Bulgakov, I enjoyed A Country Doctor's Notebook and of course The Master and Margarita (fabulous both the book and film series), but found A Dead Man's Memoir a bit irritating.

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    I just got me today a few books from Alexandria annual book fair, and I'm going again this week for more (with more cash)

I got today an Oscar Wilde book "The Happy Prince and Other Tales" which I read a lot before but wanted to own. and I also got Bram Stoker's "Dracula" and a few more Arabic ones

Did anyone here read Joyce's "Dubliners" or "A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man" ?
    "Dubliners" is great, very entertaining.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Man I can't survive the first 100 pages :sigh:
    It used to be on my "planning to read list", because it has a strong reputation, but then I heard it described by one person in such a way (lots of fantasy stuff, not my thing) that I became convinced that it's not for me.

Sometimes a good review can make you not want to read a book at all. :D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Man I can't survive the first 100 pages :sigh:
    Woman, it's really worth it. :p Apart from the similar names, which was really confusing for me, I found the whole story very entertaining. It's not Harry Potter which you can ready in one night and forget in two, it'll take you time both to read and understand the message.
    Martin ->
    There really ain't much fantasy stuff there, I really don't know who gave you that review, but this book has very very little to do with such happenings. It's about civilization not about rings or wizards.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    It used to be on my "planning to read list", because it has a strong reputation, but then I heard it described by one person in such a way (lots of fantasy stuff, not my thing) that I became convinced that it's not for me.

Sometimes a good review can make you not want to read a book at all. :D
    Indeed :D

It's over two years since I have decided to read this book but I just can't find myself attracted to the first 100-120 pages. I always give up at that point and then I have to start it from the beginning because I need to refresh my memory about all those bizarre names :depressed

I'll read it one day, that's for sure.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Woman, it's really worth it. :p Apart from the similar names, which was really confusing for me, I found the whole story very entertaining. It's not Harry Potter which you can ready in one night and forget in two, it'll take you time both to read and understand the message.
    I didn't forget Harry Potter in two days though :p

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006

Dude mention them!!

There are quit few of us you now :eyebrows:

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Make you realize that you're one pathetic idiot.

And wtf is najis?!
    Really? Aren't you the same guy that hates gays but is bragging how some guy wants to suck his little turtle? I'm the idiot here?

I'd like strangle you with some pork rashers & rape you in a room covered with bible scripture wallpapers.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Really? Aren't you the same guy that hates gays but is bragging how some guy wants to suck his little turtle? I'm the idiot here?

I'd like strangle you with some pork rashers & rape you in a room covered with bible scripture wallpapers.
    That's to show you how of an idiot you really are. You made lies about some imaginary pms I sent you where you claimed I wanted you?! you even wrote ones by your own writing to yourself sexual messages explaining how badly you wanted yourself..yet you still claim you're the damn smart one rather than being fucked up in the head. This quote is a reminder for you of how moronic and retarded you really are. So enjoy it.

I can't wait for the time you have enough courage to actually show up right in front me just to smash that garbage head of yours over and over again and show you how much of a cyber pussy you are.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    That's to show you how of an idiot you really are. You made lies about some imaginary pms I sent you where you claimed I wanted you?! you even wrote ones by your own writing to yourself sexual messages explaining how badly you wanted yourself..yet you still claim you're the damn smart one rather than being fucked up in the head. This quote is a reminder for you of how moronic and retarded you really are. So enjoy it.

I can't wait for the time you have enough courage to actually show up right in front me just to smash that garbage head of yours over and over again and show you how much of a cyber pussy you are.
    You're such a tough guy.:lol::lol:

Did i post those messages or did Alen? You're one of those guys that get a naked pic of their bf & show it to their friends,you closet gay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)