Books you're reading (16 Viewers)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
it's a pretty good book. overrated maybe, but that doesn't change the fact that it is rather good.

currently reading Seven Ages of Paris, a history of 7 different periods of french history in paris. very easy read, very interesting. also reading "the black book" by Orhan Pamuk. pretty good, although it's taken me some time to get in to it

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #905
    I just finished HMS Surprise by Patrick O'Brien. It's from the same series of books as Master and Commander, and The Far Side of The World, which you may recognise as a film. Very enjoyable stuff.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    IN the past week or so I've read:

Postmortem
    Body of Evidence
    All that remains
    Cruel and Unusual
    The Body Farm

These are all by Patricia Cornwell, and are about a medical examiner solving murders, quite good

Marko

GhostDog
    May 1, 2006
    IN the past week or so I've read:

Postmortem
    Body of Evidence
    All that remains
    Cruel and Unusual
    The Body Farm

These are all by Patricia Cornwell, and are about a medical examiner solving murders, quite good
    You're preparing to murder somebody and get away with that, aren't you Michael?:shocked:

Jun-Lei

Sep 15, 2002
    Didn't like Gatsby? Rich, depressed people of the 20s? Cmon, it was fun :D
    Ewww. It's overrated and an absolute bore. Fitzgerald completely put me off with that book. Gatsby is one of those people that deserve to be slapped over and over again - y'know, like some of the emotes you see around on MSN.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Ewww. It's overrated and an absolute bore. Fitzgerald completely put me off with that book. Gatsby is one of those people that deserve to be slapped over and over again - y'know, like some of the emotes you see around on MSN.
    Is this the Jun-Lei from years past? You sound a little mean :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I truly hate that book, Martin. I could have done more interesting texts, but no, the professors chose that. Yuck.

And yes, it's me, lol.
    Professors? Don't we all love everything forced on us in school. Gatsby I didn't mind so much.

So what are you up to lately?

Jun-Lei

Sep 15, 2002
    Professors? Don't we all love everything forced on us in school. Gatsby I didn't mind so much.

So what are you up to lately?
    Mmm... not much, really. Just working, forum-hopping :tongue:, and trying to get back into the reading mode. Started learning Italian again too.

You?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Mmm... not much, really. Just working, forum-hopping :tongue:, and trying to get back into the reading mode. Started learning Italian again too.

You?
    Been reading mostly two things the last year. Spy novels and books about religion. And I feel like I've come to some sort of a meaningful conclusion in both cases, so I just started reading about psychology the other day. Faaascinated. :D

Btw was I one of the msn emotes? :eyepatch:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Been reading mostly two things the last year. Spy novels and books about religion. And I feel like I've come to some sort of a meaningful conclusion in both cases, so I just started reading about psychology the other day. Faaascinated. :D

bah, and you make fun of "gangster movie" fans :groan:

Jun-Lei

Sep 15, 2002

Books about religion? Were you that bored? :tongue: I prefer fiction, non-fiction is too heavy for me after a long day at work.

As for you being an MSN emote...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Books about religion? Were you that bored? :tongue: I prefer fiction, non-fiction is too heavy for me after a long day at work.
    Fiction is fun, but not more fun hehe. No, religion has been a deep interest of mine since always. Basically a question of why is everyone so nuts about something that doesn't convince me. It's a fascinating phenomenon.

As for you being an MSN emote...
    *drumroll*

(not even sure what emote is)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)