Books you're reading (6 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Trainspotting.

I thought it was in English. :sigh:
lol dont worry nobody in edinburgh really talks like that,i have never in my life heard anyone being called a "doss cunt" we actually talk worse than that

but try doric, that what they talk in aberdeen and it is a whole new language

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
hey guys,where do you find so much free time to read books?is it only me that study for school here?
I an so brilliantly intelligent that I don't need to study.

lol dont worry nobody in edinburgh really talks like that,i have never in my life heard anyone being called a "doss cunt" we actually talk worse than that

but try doric, that what they talk in aberdeen and it is a whole new language
:D

I dinnae ken fit ye mean, are ye a gype or summat?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I an so brilliantly intelligent that I don't need to study.

:D

I dinnae ken fit ye mean, are ye a gype or summat?
fit ye seying ya crazy loon

got my uncle coming down from aberdeen next weekend, its great as my missus sits confused for 2 days coz she cant understand a word he says

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
finished reading "a feast for crows" the fourth book in the song of ice and fire series.

Great plot(s). It's such a refreshing take on the fantasy world. Instead of having a black and white world where villinas are villinas and heroe are heroes just for the sake of it, it is different here. you will like (and hate) the "Heroes" and you will like (and hate) the villains.

so far the series gets a 9.5/ 10. can't wait for the next book in the series.

Sep 26, 2007
I just finished the book, House of Gucci. Its a historical look at the downfall of Gucci. It was a great book and I would recommend it to anyone who is going into business. You can see the inner workings of what caused the downfall of one of the biggest fashion families. Its based on interviews with the family and all the news stories so I would say its pretty credible. It was so crazy to see how money made the whole family turn on each other. I would give it a 10/ 10 and I am a hard critic.

I also just started the book Gomorrah by Roberto Saviano. I have only read a chapter but it has been very enlightening. Has anyone read this book?

Sep 26, 2007
I always read "TIME"...."Standard"

Anything with politics I usually read.
I enjoy political magazines. I am a politics junkie actually but outside of the US because our politics here are just annoying. I read Time, The Economist, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, and Newsweek. I would have to say they are my favorite magazines after of course Vogue which also has some good political content surprisingly.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I enjoy political magazines. I am a politics junkie actually but outside of the US because our politics here are just annoying. I read Time, The Economist, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, and Newsweek. I would have to say they are my favorite magazines after of course Vogue which also has some good political content surprisingly.
I like reading Vanity Fair, but can't find it here. I read it couple of times when I was in Colorado and was pretty good reading it.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Bought Craig Thompson's Blankets and devoured it in a day. Twice, no less. It's an experience to be savoured and so subtly filled with poignancy and emotion I began reading it again immediately after finishing it. I was skeptical the rave reviews and awards but its won me over.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i'm currently reading the god father: the lost years. its quite great so far, iam getting addicited to reading it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)