Books you're reading (13 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm reading The Name Of The Rose by Umberto Eco. I've already read it once, but now I'm reading it in Italian. It's one of my favorites.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm reading The Name Of The Rose by Umberto Eco. I've already read it once, but now I'm reading it in Italian. It's one of my favorites.
I started reading this book on a train from Köln to Amsterdam, then I stopped reading it and that's about everything I have read from this book. :D

Jun 26, 2007
I started reading this book on a train from Köln to Amsterdam, then I stopped reading it and that's about everything I have read from this book. :D
That's what the average owner of that book does. :D
I think the Name of the Rose and Ulysses are of the most "unread" books ever.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
has any one read the godfather returns?? is it as good as the godfather, cos this one has an amazon average rating of 2 stars.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
how long did it take for you to learn italian?
About two years. I'd dare to say I speak it quite well today. Sure, not like a native speaker, but I think you need to stay in the country for a while to be that good. Reading and writing are obviously no problems anymore.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's what the average owner of that book does. :D
I think the Name of the Rose and Ulysses are of the most "unread" books ever.
Umberto Eco was once quoted saying he made the first 100 pages especially boring, because he only wanted readers who would have the guts to continue. But in all fairness, the theological and historical discussions are quite interesting for an historian, as I remember a lot from class. The Name Of The Rose is undoubtedly one of the best books ever written and I think that, if you pass the first 100 pages, it's very very amusing to read as well.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
About two years. I'd dare to say I speak it quite well today. Sure, not like a native speaker, but I think you need to stay in the country for a while to be that good. Reading and writing are obviously no problems anymore.
yeh thanks. i have been trying to learn, my writing is ok and it takes time but my reading is much better. but i ma shy just to even speak it to myself!! thanks

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
has any one read the godfather returns?? is it as good as the godfather, cos this one has an amazon average rating of 2 stars.
tbh i think thats only as far as puzo could go with it, after the sicilian and the godafther, i think it would be a wrong move to even read that book!

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
tbh i think thats only as far as puzo could go with it, after the sicilian and the godafther, i think it would be a wrong move to even read that book!
thanks gill_juve i am glad i did'nt buy it. guess i'll have to wait till they get more stock of the sicillian and the god father then

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So, anything new in the readers community?
Strange things that today, there are more writers than ever, but the quantity and mostly the quality is lesser...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Bes, I've been reading Hocus Pocus the last couple of weeks. Finally last night I decided to abort. I usually finish books I'm so so satisfied with, but Kurt is just so slow and loves to repeat himself, meanwhile the story is going nowhere.

I suppose he does have some interesting comments, but the pace is unbearably slow to me.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Bes, I've been reading Hocus Pocus the last couple of weeks. Finally last night I decided to abort. I usually finish books I'm so so satisfied with, but Kurt is just so slow and loves to repeat himself, meanwhile the story is going nowhere.

I suppose he does have some interesting comments, but the pace is unbearably slow to me.
Reading or listening, you cheater?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)