Books you're reading (14 Viewers)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I'm reading Swann's Way by Proust, Paradise Lost by Milton, and Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche. they are all slow going :D the milton is stuffed full of allusions, most of which go right by me (if only the footnotes were on the same damn page rather than at the end of the book!). The Proust is really excellent, although tbh not particularly engrossing. But wonderful writing, even after being translated. the Nietzsche, just started it, slow going :D I'm reading something else....oh yeah, Lolita by Nabokov. Wonderful writing, can't wait to get back to the states so I can continue it!

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I'm reading A Season With Verona and Se Questo È Un Uomo at the moment. Yeah, I love reading several books at the same time. Anyway, the first is quite simply very gripping, I just keep on reading. The second is rather difficult, but well written. Both books I'd recommend.

Is there any way I could read A season with Verona online?

Jul 24, 2006
I'm reading A Season With Verona and Se Questo È Un Uomo at the moment. Yeah, I love reading several books at the same time. Anyway, the first is quite simply very gripping, I just keep on reading. The second is rather difficult, but well written. Both books I'd recommend.
Loved Season with Verona, you are a good student eh? Italicizing titles..!

What is the second book you mention about, and is it available in english translation?

Aug 1, 2003
If a season with verona is really that good I might order it online. Thus far the only books remotely related to serie a that is available to me in the stores is "a history of calcio" and "the italian job", which I am still reading. the rest are MU - pool - gerrard like crap

gmyrek

May 4, 2007
I am reading "Football grounds - 15th Edition. It is a book with aerial photos of all english football grounds. I have the first edition, so it is interesting to see what has happend in 15 years.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Was the Bancroft strategy any good ?
was a very enjoyable read, but then again i am a big fan of ludlum.

just finished reading luke rheinharts-The Dice Man, an absolute must-read book, very funny and more than a little disturbing it is highly recommended, i just cannot believe it took me so long to get round to reading it.

just started on robert harris-enigma

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Recently concluded Mark Winegardner's sequels to Puzo's Godfather trilogy. Besides the fact that they were great books, Mark really does a stellar job in demonstrating how to write a follow-up to what is perhaps one of the most chronicled novels of all time. He shows no signs of intimidation at all in emulating Mario's style, even butchers it in pieces at times, yet retains the unmistakable flavour of the original which I've read a couple of times. He makes it his own without disrespecting the original, which I must say is a difficult line to tread, having read my fair share of uninspiring spin-offs.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I havent read Godfather the book,ive only seen the movie.The movie has Michael dying in the end.Is that a part of the original book too?If thats so,then how was the story expanded in Godfather returns?:confused:.From what ive heard,Godfather Returns focuses on Michael Corleon's life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)