Books you're reading (26 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm only reading it for the first time now. Wonderful ideas, though the writing's a bit clunky.
Are you managing reading it? After several attempts in the winter i gave up in the end. It is amazing, the ideas are great but it is really tiresome. I wish I can manage reading it but one day I thought that this book is probably read at a younger age.

Jan 7, 2004
the first time i read it, the ending (spoiler) almost made me shed a tear

by the way mikhail, i just got my hand on "the hitchikers guide to the galaxy" and i can see why you praise it so much

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
by the way mikhail, i just got my hand on "the hitchikers guide to the galaxy" and i can see why you praise it so much
I didn't finish the entire book but from what I read thus far, it certainly came from a vey creative mind. :) If I can locate it under all these piles of books I'll try and finish it up.

a very good book, i hope you enjoy it
I did very much thank you. :)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I finally finished Harry Potter and the Half Blooded Prince (Book 6) earlier today, after putting off reading it for two years. It was okay, a bit inconsistent when compared to the past books. Felt a bit like a filler, much like Order of the Phoenix, only less disappointing.

I started the final book Deathly Hallows. I haven't gotten very far but so far I have to say that I am feeling very nostalgic reading it. After years of being a fan of the books, it's a bittersweet read for me. We finally get to see how it ends, but at the same time this is the end. :l I am getting a bit teary-eyed as I go through the chapters. But anyway time to get back to the book, will post my review once I am done. :)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I finally finished Harry Potter and the Half Blooded Prince (Book 6) earlier today, after putting off reading it for two years. It was okay, a bit inconsistent when compared to the past books. Felt a bit like a filler, much like Order of the Phoenix, only less disappointing.

I started the final book Deathly Hallows. I haven't gotten very far but so far I have to say that I am feeling very nostalgic reading it. After years of being a fan of the books, it's a bittersweet read for me. We finally get to see how it ends, but at the same time this is the end. :l I am getting a bit teary-eyed as I go through the chapters. But anyway time to get back to the book, will post my review once I am done. :)
Why am I not surprised :D?

Your review? Just check the NY Times review :D

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Why am I not surprised :D?

Your review? Just check the NY Times review :D
:D I dunno, why are you not surprised? ;)

And of course, the NY times doesn't post here now does it, but I do...and this is a book review thread. ;)

Anyway if the NY Times gives away any spoilers don't tell me please! :D

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
:D I dunno, why are you not surprised? ;)

And of course, the NY times doesn't post here now does it, but I do...and this is a book review thread. ;)

Anyway if the NY Times gives away any spoilers don't tell me please!
:D

Oh you haven't heard? :D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
The Godfather, the Lost Years - Mark Winegardner.
I thought it might be worth advising anyone considering buying this book...
Mario Puzo he's not, irrespective of what the English Daily Express & Daily Telegraph critics would have you believe & he gets downright lewd at times which is way out of context for the late 1950's! It spans 1955-1962 which in fact is also covered by Godfather 2. What he actually does for the most part is merely add more information on certain Godfather & Godfather 2 events & he'd really have been better & a lot more accurate by covering 1962-1978 which are the missing years, leading up to Godfather 3. In it's way it's well enough researched & written but it doesn't compare with Puzo's Godfathers 1, & 2.
What I want to know is, when are they going to make a movie of Puzo's final beautiful novel "Omerta" which to all intents & purposes brings the American "Cosa Nostra" & the Italian "Friends of the Friends" into the new millenium???!!!
Which reminds me, I'll have to mention the Canadian made mini series of Puzo's "The Last Don" 1 & 2 in the movies section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)