Bojinov joins Juventus (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>Transfer</b><br><br>Juventus have officially signed Fiorentina striker Valeri Bojinov in exchange for Adrian Mutu, although it is only a loan deal for the moment.

Talk of a swop had been in the air for some time, but the moves were completed this evening, announced the Stadio Artemio Franchi side.

Former Chelsea forward Mutu has been bought in a permanent switch, while Bojinov joins Juventus on loan with an option to buy 50 per cent of his contract at the end of the season.

Bulgarian hitman Bojinov was signed from Lecce in January 2005, but failed to make his mark at the club with just eight Serie A goals in 36 appearances.

He first shot to fame at Lecce, where he became the youngest ever Serie A player, making his debut at the age of 15 in a 3-1 defeat to Brescia on January 27, 2002.<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
Don't tell me we gave 100% of Mutu for 1 year of bojinov... :scared:
You'd think that Moggi-economics has gone out the window. But rather, I suspect this could partially be a financially defensive move expecting what's coming.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If you think you might get laid off from your job, it's not so bad to eat a little Top Ramen and hold off purchasing that new BMW for a while.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
swag said:
If you think you might get laid off from your job, it's not so bad to eat a little Top Ramen and hold off purchasing that new BMW for a while.

But why would another relegation-threatened club want him?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
But why would another relegation-threatened club want him?
I asked myself the same question. In some ways, it's as if Fiorentina hasn't figured it out yet.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Akerman said:
Why not as a striker, that's his position.
He can play both but not in-depth camoranesi style winger. He can play somewhat like Giuly in Barcelona but I would like to see him as a striker, not a winger or whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)