Board & Management (32 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
“The big thing in Italy, is first that everybody hates Juventus. That is the truth but it’s more important that at this particular moment you can’t make a decision like that in the middle of the season. That’s more of my concern” DelPiero via @CBSSportsGolazo

- - - Updated - - -

“It’s one thing to do the investigation and then see if there were mistakes there. Instead 15 was taken in the middle of the season and maybe now 10 comeback. It affects everyone else who think they’re second or in top 4” (DelPiero)

- - - Updated - - -

Damn @Dru you ninja basturt

Strickland

May 17, 2019
DP is spot on. If we get handed a -10 during the season and dont manage to overturn it until the season ends, they wont cancel it post factum because it affects everyone. It affects how many points Milan and Inter need to qualify for CL and they'll rotate their squad between Serie A, CL and Coppa accordingly. Makes no sense to do it a month or two before seasons end..

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
DP is spot on. If we get handed a -10 during the season and dont manage to overturn it until the season ends, they wont cancel it post factum because it affects everyone. It affects how many points Milan and Inter need to qualify for CL and they'll rotate their squad between Serie A, CL and Coppa accordingly. Makes no sense to do it a month or two before seasons end..
that was always a risk the authorities ran when they decided to deduct points mid season. If it gets over turned then it’s only right for it to happen mid season too and other clubs should have known that was a possibility.

If they took their foot off the gas due to the deduction to Juve that’s their fault not the league’s. They could have continued to press on just like Napoli did and Juventus did and not leave it to chance.

would it suck for them? Yes but it also sucked for us to get a deduction mid season even if it doesn’t stick, and it’s still better for them to see us get back the points now than if they finished the season thinking they’re in top 4 and getting surprised after it ends. At least if the points are returned now there’s still a decent number of games left for them to go full speed again.

So for other clubs too it’s better now than at seasons end, and they shouldn’t have slowed down anyway. This is a bad argument

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So they’ll give us back the -15 points and hand us a 40 point penalty anyway.

And even if by some miracle we qualify for the CL after winning the EL, UEFA’s investigation is due to commence soon just after all of this salary manoeuvre bullshit. I expect a 1 to 3 year ban on European football + transfer ban or some other fuckery.

Dark times ahead fellas.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
So they’ll give us back the -15 points and hand us a 40 point penalty anyway.

And even if by some miracle we qualify for the CL after winning the EL, UEFA’s investigation is due to commence soon just after all of this salary manoeuvre bullshit. I expect a 1 to 3 year ban on European football + transfer ban or some other fuckery.

Dark times ahead fellas.
i promise you this won't happen. at most we will get some fines and MAYBE a transfer ban

Strickland

May 17, 2019
that was always a risk the authorities ran when they decided to deduct points mid season. If it gets over turned then it’s only right for it to happen mid season too and other clubs should have known that was a possibility.

If they took their foot off the gas due to the deduction to Juve that’s their fault not the league’s. They could have continued to press on just like Napoli did and Juventus did and not leave it to chance.

would it suck for them? Yes but it also sucked for us to get a deduction mid season even if it doesn’t stick, and it’s still better for them to see us get back the points now than if they finished the season thinking they’re in top 4 and getting surprised after it ends. At least if the points are returned now there’s still a decent number of games left for them to go full speed again.

So for other clubs too it’s better now than at seasons end, and they shouldn’t have slowed down anyway. This is a bad argument
I'm not saying it is right or a good argument, but its what I think is a serious possibility - that after the season ends the Juve points are set in stone, especially if the point penalty decides things like CL/EL qualification or relegation. Its not like clubs manage to overturn point deductions often and doing it post factum imo is even less likely

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
i promise you this won't happen. at most we will get some fines and MAYBE a transfer ban
dude what happened recently didn't teach you anything?
There is no logic, there is no following rules and applying punishment.
It's all about what they wanna do to you.

UEFA wanna punish us for SL thing.
Suddenly not long after the -15 Gravina became UEFA n.2

We go from innocent 2 to -15. The -15 doesn't have any logic beside few words in a interview "They need to be behind Roma"

So right now I trust no shit. I expect the worse. They can flip and shake the cards as they want and we're on the other side of the stick without chance to appeal.

I would be happy to be proven wrong.
To see them giving us the -15 and hand out a fine for wages thing.

But I mean Inter won a scudetto and next season didn't pay wages for 6months. Rules stated that you're supposed to be fined with points deduction every time you don't pay but nothing happened.
While they wanna punish us for postponing 3 months wages next year in agreement with the players.

so my trust level is not 0 is directly on a fuck you level

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
this praise from gravina will get quoted a lot, and rightly so. how can you be praised for something by the interista president, then be punished with a heavy points penalty for the same thing a few years later? sports jurisdiction is indeed a joke in italy, and this guy will go down as the worst figc president ever

1681385889411.png

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
this praise from gravina will get quoted a lot, and rightly so. how can you be praised for something by the interista president, then be punished with a heavy points penalty for the same thing a few years later? sports jurisdiction is indeed a joke in italy, and this guy will go down as the worst figc president ever

1681385889411.png
Isn’t the issue that agreement was really something else than what was announced? I hate that fucker but what he praised was the agreement that saw players forgo a portion of their salary, not the fact that they received it through other channels.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Isn’t the issue that agreement was really something else than what was announced? I hate that fucker but what he praised was the agreement that saw players forgo a portion of their salary, not the fact that they received it through other channels.
you might have a point, but it's not illegal to pay bonuses, and it's also not illegal to defer wages. the announcement said that wages for 4 months won't be paid from the covid season budget, and that's what actually happened

also, no "other channels" were used and no off the book payments were made

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
you might have a point, but it's not illegal to pay bonuses, and it's also not illegal to defer wages. the announcement said that wages for 4 months won't be paid from the covid season budget, and that's what actually happened

also, no "other channels" were used and no off the book payments were made
But deferring wages can have implications for FFP, no? I’m just playing devil’s advocate here, but if the issue was this simple, why did the entire board resign? Why did MDS and MDL show the WhatsApp chat to the prosecutors as if it’s a secret?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
But deferring wages can have implications for FFP, no? I’m just playing devil’s advocate here, but if the issue was this simple, why did the entire board resign? Why did MDS and MDL show the WhatsApp chat to the prosecutors as if it’s a secret?
ffp was suspended and it's not a law either, criminal charges don't happen due to ffp violations

i'm yet to see a well piece on the salary maneuvers. i honestly don't know what was wrong with it

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The only problem is the secret agreements found which also were unsigned so no validity in any other democratic country so this case will be most likely dismissed by tar or cas.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
ffp was suspended and it's not a law either, criminal charges don't happen due to ffp violations

i'm yet to see a well piece on the salary maneuvers. i honestly don't know what was wrong with it
That’s fair. Forgot that ffp was suspended. But the fact that our entire board resigned is kind of suspicious.

- - - Updated - - -

The only problem is the secret agreements found which also were unsigned so no validity in any other democratic country so this case will be most likely dismissed by tar or cas.
Why secrecy though? If we were just deferring wages why did we have to do it secretly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)