Board & Management (106 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...But the fact that our entire board resigned is kind of suspicious.
imagine being the owner of a public company, and your ceo, president, vice president and a few directors, board members are about to be arrested. what's your next move?

it was the only logical step once they faced arrest. you can't manage a company without a board so they had to be replaced

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Italy’s Serie A soccer league has recommended that clubs impose wage cuts of between two and four months’ pay on playing and coaching staff to reduce losses during the coronavirus outbreak.

After an emergency general assembly by video conference, the league said in a statement on Monday that the stoppage caused by the contagion had left Italian football in a “very difficult” situation leading to an urgent need for a reduction of costs.

It proposed cutting annual wages by one third if Serie A was unable to resume and by one sixth if it was able to restart.

However, it added that each club would have to negotiate the cuts with its players. Nineteen of Serie A’s 20 clubs voted for the recommendation while Italian champions Juventus abstained, having already reached a separate agreement with their players.

Serie A has been suspended since March 9 because of the coronavirus pandemic which has claimed 15,887 lives in Italy, almost a quarter of the global death total. [nL8N2BT0MF]

It is not certain when or even if the season will restart although Italian football federation president Gabriele Gravina said on Sunday that the season, originally due to finish in May, could run until September of October if necessary.

Serie A said the move was “necessary to safeguard the future of the entire Italian football system.

“The intervention... foresees a reduction of one third of the total gross annual salary in the event that it is not possible to resume sporting activity, and a reduction of one sixth... if the remaining matches of the 2019/2020 season can be played in the coming months,” it said.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
imagine being the owner of a public company, and your ceo, president, vice president and a few directors, board members are about to be arrested. what's your next move?

it was the only logical step once they faced arrest. you can't manage a company without a board so they had to be replaced
Why were they going to be arrested? And why weren’t they even after resigning, if there was a suspicion of a crime?
These are not rhetorical questions btw. Genuinely don’t know the answer.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The lawyer. Afeltra is sure: "Juve runs no risk, the sentence of 19/4 will be 99% annulled.There is one percent chance since juve were relegated for calciopoli without breach of Article 6"
[TJ]

- - - Updated - - -

Corrado De Biase, the head of the investigation office at the time of the 1980 Totonero betting scandal, stated: "First of all, we must have the courage to affirm a reality: this summer's procedure gave birth to an authentic legal abort. When I speak of 'legal abort' I take full responsibility for what I say. When you want to complete a procedure in two weeks that would take at least 6 months just for a correct investigative process, it can only result in a legal abort. When, for reasons of time, a degree of judgment is received, when the defendants are prevented from bringing witnesses, dossiers and films in their defence, but only 15 minutes are allowed for a defence, one can only speak of legal abort. When the defence lawyers of the accused are not granted the full texts of the wiretaps, alleging that they are not pertinent, we can only speak of legal abort. Finally, when a title is disassigned to a club, Juventus, to assign it to another, Inter Milan, before the verdict of the first preliminary iter is pronounced, then we are well beyond legal abort. It's not a problem of ordinary or sporting justice: in any country that defines itself as civil, any penalties and sanctions must be imposed after a guilty verdict has been recorded, never before. And don't talk to me about UEFA regulations or lists to be given to the same for the European cups: the rights of the accused, including that of being able to defend themselves with the means that the law makes available to them, come before a football match." About punishments, De Biase stated: "I, on my own, can only reiterate the concept already expressed: a penalty of 8/10 points, a fine, and a ban of Moggi and Giraudo for 10/12 months, this was the appropriate penalty in my opinion. Any parallel with the story of 1980 is unthinkable: here there're no traces of offence, nor of money or checks. The environmental offence isn't a crime covered by any code, unless we're talking about air pollution.

- - - Updated - - -

History repeating itself and our suspicious members giving verdict of honesty to figc.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
The clearest answer I've found on why they all resigned is quoted here.
I've also read Agnelli quoted saying that he's facing a personal lawsuit the he needs to defend. Can't find the link right now.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
They are going to make sure we don't play CL next season maybe they'll even relegate us or make us start next season with -15/20. Its pretty obvious they have an agenda against us. Ceferin and Gravina have everything to do with it but noooo, people find it just a conincedence

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
If we got relegated and won the Europa league would we still be able to play in the CL? Has that ever happened before? I guess not
we would, unless uefa applied the same penalties as figc (which would be so obvious from them)

2nd division team never played in the cl iirc, it happened with a few cup winners/finalists to enter the el (uefa cup) main draw though

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
an other journalist acting like a journalist:

deepl translation (with the last sentence corrected, it got that one completely wrong):

There is one aspect, above all, that has struck defense attorneys, insiders and legal experts, and that is the fact that for Juventus (and eight of its current or former executives) a violation of Article 4 of the Code of Sports Justice (sports unfairness) has been alleged, and not already of Article 31. This is not a detail. Article 31 is inherent to administrative offenses, that is, "conduct aimed at circumventing federal regulations on management and economic matters": ranging from "failure to produce documents requested [...] by the competent bodies" to "providing false, reticent or partial information," via "agreeing with its members or paying them compensation, prizes or allowances in violation of the federal provisions in force."
Juventus has become the object of attention precisely because of the so-called salary maneuver for the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons, because of relations between with some sports agents, because of certain alleged "partnership relations" between Juventus and other clubs. In short, it seems obvious: as a result of alleged administrative malfeasance. And so, one wonders: why does the prosecutor not refer to this article with such a specific theme? This article which, in any case, provides for the penalty of a fine with warning (paragraph 1) or, paragraph 3, of "a fine of one to three times the amount illicitly agreed or paid, to which may be added the penalty of one or more points in the standings." And why, instead, does it assume the violation of the more generic Article 4?
The defenses are not convinced at all, and they will insist on this point a great deal, emphasizing the principle of due process and, in this case, the "principle of specialty" whereby a special law trumps one of a general nature. They will point out to Chiné in the defense briefs if not (as seems increasingly likely) in the "negotiations" that will take place to try to reach an agreement before the referral. At the latest, in the hearing in the federal court if no common ground can be found in the alternative rites (pre-deferral agreement with a 50 percent discount of the penalty, or pre-hearing plea bargaining with a 30 percent discount of the penalty).
But it does not end there. The fact that Chiné is contesting the violation of Article 4 and not Article 31 may prove to be a wild card that can also be spent at the Collegio di garanzia next Wednesday, to which Juventus has appealed arguing the illegitimacy of the 15-point penalty suffered in the capital gains trial. At the conclusion of that investigation, Chiné had referred Juventus (and 10 other clubs) under Article 31, thus for administrative offence, but then changed the charge. The Federal Court of Appeal then focused the conviction on the violation of Article 4. Well, it will be able to argue Juventus to the College: that that way of proceeding was wrong (starting with 31 and ending with 4), as Chiné himself demonstrated this by acting differently in the salary maneuver case.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Mar-A-Lago

They changed the rule for Liverpool when they beat Milan in the CL Final. Pool finished like 6th or 8th or something that year.
That was a bullcrap move by UEFA, IMO. "The right to defend the title" my nutsack. The World Cup stopped placing previous winners in the next final tournament with France in 2002.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I thought that you’re from the USA
No, I'm Belgian. I speak Dutch, French, English and Italian. I'm not sure if that allows me to complain. But it does tell me that it's perfectly possible to learn a new language (although it is much more difficult at a later age). And with English being the lingua franca these days, I think it's important for people on our board to speak it.

Jun 16, 2020
No, I'm Belgian. I speak Dutch, French, English and Italian. I'm not sure if that allows me to complain. But it does tell me that it's perfectly possible to learn a new language (although it is much more difficult at a later age). And with English being the lingua franca these days, I think it's important for people on our board to speak it.
Oké mijn fout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)