Board & Management (86 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
pirlo's appointment confirms that, it was an easy 'most arrogant move ever by any management of a top club' move

like 'look at us dingleberries, we'll win the 10th with an absolute rookie'

worked like a charm

same with marotta's departure, the absolute insane spending that followed ronaldo's arrival, the lack of continuity, the timing and the preparation of the superleague announcement, you name it

right after agnelli resigned, a juventino friend told me that he will never feel sorry for an entitled billionaire. hard to disagree after all the shit that unibrow allowed to happen under his guidance. a bit like that murican lawyer (murdoch or similar name, can't be bothered to look it up) who came from a traditional lawyer family, his ancestors were successful and respected, he thought he was hardwired against failure, then shit hit the fan eventually

it doesn't warrant the witch hunt, it's just that it should and could have been avoided
Thanks for putting into better words what i tried to get across

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Before the Europa league semi-final, Calvo moved to sign Giuntoli without telling Allegri, despite Max having been told by Elkann that he is a point of reference for the club. The feeling is that there is a war of power going on between Calvo and Allegri.Allegri will have talks with the new management to understand the project for the next two years.

[@repubblica)

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Giuntoli looks like a proper sporting director that we haven't had since Marotta left. Finally a positive change in the management.

Would also be cool to appoint a president with actual footballing background.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
@DiMarzio
“Will Allegri be questioned? As far as I know, no. Giuntoli has shown that he always knows how to work very well with the coaches, so I assume that the relationship between the two can be built without any problems.” [Sky)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
@DiMarzio to @SkySport
: "Would Allegri be called into question in the next hours? At the moment, from what I know no and enjoys the support of Elkann.Certainly, eventually, he will be the coach next season if confirmed."

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Can someone explain a bit more on Giuntoli. I am fairly clueless and only have all the superlatives to go by and checking transfermarkt for his purchased players. Looking at the latter he seems to get a lot wrong but some things very, very, good. Osimhen was very expensive but look at him... Kim took on the mantle of Koulibaly and even improved the team. Koul was a great defender but in decline and felt like the type of player that did 10 great things and then 1 costly mistake. Kvadra, super cheap, young, and amazing until these past weeks. Anguissa has done well and was cheap, Raspadori wasn't that expensive and while he doesn't start games, his goal/min ratio is really good. Östigard has deputized decently the like three times I've seen him. Then there's a whole bunch of temporary solutions, like Simeone, that did ok. A lot of bang for the buck even if the buck isn't good enough for stronger opponents. But he doesn't have a large budget to work with so all of the temporary solutions make sense and seemed to have been picked strategically. Unless I am over-interpreting but they seem to be players with particular characteristics. Rrahmani came cheap along with Di Lorenzo, Demme, and so on, while Lobotka took a while to rectify his fee. Then there's a whole bunch of could-have-should-have-been like Lozano (really thought he would become a Kvara-type of player at the time), Manolas, etc and then I know a lot of people really like Ruiz but I am not a fan and never was.

I can understand him leaving having spent several years to finally get a worthwhile team even if the opposition has been weak. I would not be surprised if several players leave for EPL. If they loose Osimhen or Kvara they'll struggle a lot and I would not be surprised if one of them or two leaves. Kim can be replaced even if it would be a huge downgrade.

He seems to target younger, technical players. Around 23ish years old. Hard to say how he distributes all the eggs since Osimhen is a rarity when looking at expenses. Mostly around 15-30m spent on individual players on players that may click. Generally seems to spread risk on a lot of signings and hope one or two works out. The list on what could be seen as unsuccessful signings is long. Unless people make the case that Verdi for 25m was a success. Lot's of these types and there's nothing wrong with that. Most signings won't work out as expected or above and Verdi was sold for 22m so the losses are not that concerning (unless you add them up). All that said, compare it with us and you'll be less concerned.

So again, I have a hard time to get my head around the person. What could we expect from him? Younger players, wider area of picking up players but what more? What kind of coach does he seem to be attracted to? Ancelotti, Sarri, Spaletti and Gattuso were all his, right? On paper he looks decent but I am genuinely clueless.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Napoli will always be poverty, losing their SD to Juve immediately after they win the league lolol

btw i doubt Giuntoli takes the job unless he has full control. If Allegri stays itll be because he wanted him to stay, imo.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Please clean fucking house

Probably won't be in Europe next season so cut all the overpaid deadwood you can
Yep. And it doesn’t even bother me anymore.

It’s kind of exciting to be honest. Reminds me of when we first brought in Marotta/Paratici in 2010. There was a lot of deadwood, shit atmosphere around the club, two horrendous 7th place finishes and in a couple of years we turned a lot of it around.

- - - Updated - - -

supplies.gif

And we will have another points penalty to deal with next season too, so it’ll be another season out of Europe in 24/25 as well.

Tough times.

- - - Updated - - -

So is this for the inflated transfer case or the salary one?
Plusvalenza.

At this point the salary case (much more serious) will probably land us a -20 penalty - if not higher.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'd rather see a team of fresh faces with low expectations but with potential to be better than the sorry sacks of shit we currently employ

Considering our CBs are alright I'm not worried. Technically Vlahovic should be one of the best #9s out there if we can keep giving him service, assuming he's not permanently damaged lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)