Board & Management (115 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Bonucci's contract needs to be rescinded asap

Ridiculous to pay €6.5M net for a guy who's literally on a wheelchair
that's not how fixed term contracts work though. you either negotiate a termination or pay up in advance (which would be idiotic, especially with these inflation figures). or you just wait until the contract expires and try to not repeat the same mistake ever again

either way, club needs to learn and i think it did when tici was fired and now a decent sports director is being hired

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
that's not how fixed term contracts work though. you either negotiate a termination or pay up in advance (which would be idiotic, especially with these inflation figures). or you just wait until the contract expires and try to not repeat the same mistake ever again

either way, club needs to learn and i think it did when tici was fired and now a decent sports director is being hired
Just go into in-game editor and click terminate contract, job done.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

some of my favorite net yearly salary of contracts signed since Tici was fired:
Pogba 10m
Paredes 7+0.5m
Vlahovic 7m (increase from 0.8m)
di Maria 6+1m
Bremer 5+1m (increase from 1.8m)
Milik 3.5m (increase from 2.6m)
Moise 3m (increase from 1m)

Bini is just as clueless, he too didn't really negotiate salaries.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
some of my favorite net yearly salary of contracts signed since Tici was fired:
Pogba 10m
Paredes 7+0.5m
Vlahovic 7m (increase from 0.8m)
di Maria 6+1m
Bremer 5+1m (increase from 1.8m)
Milik 3.5m (increase from 2.6m)
Moise 3m (increase from 1m)

Bini is just as clueless, he too didn't really negotiate salaries.
these players mostly had similar offers or existing contracts though. there was zero reason why we had to overpay bonucci, tek, sandro, rugani & co, not to mention arthur

just check our wage bills with tici (even with ronaldo excluded) and bini. not that bini is a saint or a very competent director (if he was we wouldn't wanna sign giuntoli), it's just two very different levels of incompetent. bini never was more than a stop gap anyway.

(dunno where you get that kean earned 1m at everton, i didn't check but i'm sure it isn't accurate)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
these players mostly had similar offers or existing contracts though. there was zero reason why we had to overpay bonucci, tek, sandro, rugani & co, not to mention arthur

just check our wage bills with tici (even with ronaldo excluded) and bini. not that bini is a saint or a very competent director (if he was we wouldn't wanna sign giuntoli), it's just two very different levels of incompetent. bini never was more than a stop gap anyway.

(dunno where you get that kean earned 1m at everton, i didn't check but i'm sure it isn't accurate)
The same excuses (similar existing wages or similar rumoured offers) can be applied to almost any bad contract, even most of those you listed there, theyre still bad contracts.

I agree that Tici is a class higher in terms of how special he was, but he also had more time to do damage. + he came first, Bini saw the colossal damage from overpaying mfuckers and still didnt have the discipline to avoid it.

Capology has Kean at 1m at PSG and 1.7m at Everton.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
but there's a massive cleanup ahead.
The cleanup already started and is probably halfway done. When you look at the remaining pieces to be "cleaned up" you realize they are overpaid players that we have spent literal years trying to dump and/or sell. A new Director of Football isn't going to make that suddenly easier.

We've known for a year or more now that we need to sell Arthur, Pellegrini, Pjaca. We've known for nearly a year now we need to sell McKennie, Kean, Kulusevski, Zakaria. We've known for nearly a year now that guys like Szczesny, Bonucci, Rugani, Sandro, Rabiot (until this year), Cuadrado were overpaid, underperforming, and probably passed their best days and yet its hard to sell those players because (turns out) everybody else knows that too.

There's a lot of wages to clear off the books and that should help A LOT. I'm excited to see how the squad is disassembled and put back together to be leaner, younger, cheaper. Because that's what should've been the goal since 2017. You can't pay your 5th CB 3.5m wages and make him top 20 in Serie A. You can't pay these wages to 20+ players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 85)