Board & Management (36 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There are rumors of bargain being struck by Juve with FIGC and possible plea deal which would result in partial retraction of the points penalty. However the club would have to issue an admission of guilt after so much denying with the salary manuever and capital gains. (@CorSport)
I don't think we're going to admit guilt. It would haunt us till the end of time. An admission of guilt is even worse than being found guilty.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't think we're going to admit guilt. It would haunt us till the end of time. An admission of guilt is even worse than being found guilty.
agreed

but plea bargain is a common thing in italian sports justice. just remember when conte did the same with the match fixing scandal (and it was rejected iirc, not sure about it)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I don’t see us accepting this knowing how much trouble it gave us before.
On the contrary, if our appeal is rejected and this case drags on with even more accusations, then i can see us our owners accepting it on the basis that it was the people in charge who did this. We will use the rhetoric that it was in the past, and now we have a new set of management and we will play everything by the book.

The prosecutors just dont give up, we are screwed either way, only thing left is dignity.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
On the contrary, if are appeal is rejected and this case drags on with even more accusations, then i can see us our owners accepting it on the basis that it was the people in charge who did this. We will use the rhetoric that it was in the past, and now we have a new set of management and we will play everything by the book.
Like @Seven said, we would NEVER hear the end of it. I'd never accept it.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Like @Seven said, we would NEVER hear the end of it. I'd never accept it.
I still hear about farsopoli and how we cheated. The average layman supporter and media wont be looking into the details, if we get punished, we are seen as guilty.

I would never accept it either but a plea bargain, with sugar coated words of guilty might be enough to convince the management.

Real question is do the board/management have a strong back bone?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...The prosecutors just dont give up...
besides the often quoted popular opinion, they have literally nothing against the club in the plusvalenza case

i tell you one thing: the club was accused with the violation of article 6 of the sports code, and was sentenced with the violation of article 4. you don't even need to know what those articles are about, you don't need to be a lawyer to understand that it's completely fucked up. it's like you got charged with theft and end up in prison for rape lol, it should have NEVER happened outside of north korea

also, chiné's every case is falling apart. the d'onofrio case (when the former ref's chief was accused of drug trafficking) has been under investigation for years, now i read an article stating that the guy is allegedly acquitted from 6 of 8 charges and has a good chance of winning the appeal for the other 2 remaining charges. chiné is just a terrible prosecutor, and figc already finds it very hard to explain how they ended up with that sentence after such a weak case

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
besides the often quoted popular opinion, they have literally nothing against the club in the plusvalenza case

i tell you one thing: the club was accused with the violation of article 6 of the sports code, and was sentenced with the violation of article 4. you don't even need to know what those articles are about, you don't need to be a lawyer to understand that it's completely fucked up. it's like you got charged with theft and end up in prison for rape lol, it should have NEVER happened outside of north korea

also, chiné's every case is falling apart. the d'onofrio case (when the former ref's chief was accused of drug trafficking) has been under investigation for years, now i read an article stating that the guy is allegedly acquitted from 6 of 8 charges and has a good chance of winning the appeal for the other 2 remaining charges. chiné is just a terrible prosecutor, and figc already finds it very hard to explain how they ended up with that sentence after such a weak case
Are the judges biased then still couldn't understand when the figc prosecutor asked for a 9 points penalty the judges gave us 15 points penalty?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

All good, and maybe like many fans i'm traumatised, what gives me the creeps was that in 2006 we were initially accused of article 6 as well, and even though there was no Article 6 or evidence, we still went down

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
All good, and maybe like many fans i'm traumatised, what gives me the creeps was that in 2006 we were initially accused of article 6 as well, and even though there was no Article 6 or evidence, we still went down
and now everyone knows that we should have never bent over in 2006

same applies for these cases

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We will eventually have to make peace and some concessions, but they gotta feel the hurt first. So it's gotta be war for a while.
Maybe we'll do some concessions. But an admission of guilt won't be one of them. Regardless of whether we did something wrong or not, the commercial implications would be too important for us to even consider it.

- - - Updated - - -

agreed

but plea bargain is a common thing in italian sports justice. just remember when conte did the same with the match fixing scandal (and it was rejected iirc, not sure about it)
Plea bargains in the American system usually imply an admission of guilt. This isn't always the case in Europe. Maybe we can come to a settlement. But I don't think an admission of guilt will be part of that settlement.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Maybe we'll do some concessions. But an admission of guilt won't be one of them. Regardless of whether we did something wrong or not, the commercial implications would be too important for us to even consider it.

- - - Updated - - -

Plea bargains in the American system usually imply an admission of guilt. This isn't always the case in Europe. Maybe we can come to a settlement. But I don't think an admission of guilt will be part of that settlement.
I agree with you 100%, but since we are playing in their league we need to eventually come to a settlement of sorts.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I agree with you 100%, but since we are playing in their league we need to eventually come to a settlement of sorts.
That's true, but we are the biggest club in their league. They need to cater to our needs as well, especially when that need is basically being treated like everyone else.

And apart from that I'd argue that the ease with which we have been punished up to this point does not bode well for the credibility of the league. If you look at City's problems, you know a decision is years away because at least there will be a proper investigation first. Any decision that comes about as fast as the first one did already implies that it cannot have been taken in good faith.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)