bloody studip french friendly (8 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Can Juve deny their players? yes

The problem is that Domenech said that if club teams deny their players, he will move this friendly to a Fifa date and then all clubs WILL have to give their players and they will be with the national team longer...

Also, french players have said that they want to play this match for 2 reasons, first is a benefic match and secondly becouse France NT has never player in Martinica.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Eire

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #43
    Fenerbahce's Nicolas Anelka has been handed a place in the French squad for the first time in three years.

Anelka has been in international exile ever since he refused a call-up from Jacques Santini to play against Yugoslavia in 2002.

The former Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City striker had admitted earlier this year that he was not expecting Raymond Domenech to call him up.

However, Domenech has indeed decided to include him for the forthcoming clashes with Costa Rica and Germany.

"Anelka is just one player selected for the matches against Costa Rica and Germany," he said.

"His game is fast, he has plenty of pace and I am interested in those qualities."

The 26-year-old, who has 28 caps to his name, made his debut for France in 1998 and has now been give real hope of making the World Cup finals next summer.

There was still no place for Arsenal's Robert Pires and Domenech has warned any player not involved, that time is running out.

"For those who don't seem concerned by the World Cup, it is finished," he said.

"The World Cup is six months away and players have to prove to me that they want to go.

"We have to prepare well and that is why we have arranged the two matches. It is important for the squad to be well prepared for the finals in Germany."

As promised, Domenech has left Zinedine Zidane on the sidelines as he recuperates from injury - while Fabien Barthez has been recalled after his long-term suspension came to an end..

Fabien Barthez (Marseille), Gregory Coupet (Lyon), Mickael Landreau (Nantes), Eric Abidal (Lyon), Jean-Alain Boumsong (Newcastle), William Gallas (Chelsea), Gael Givet (Monaco), Franck Jurietti (Bordeaux), Anthony Reveillere (Lyon), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Lilian Thuram (Juventus), Alou Diarra (Lens), Vikash Dhorasoo (Paris Saint Germain), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Florent Malouda (Lyon), Jerome Rothen (Paris Saint Germain), Patrick Vieira (Juventus), Nicolas Anelka (Fenerbahce), Djibril Cisse (Liverpool), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Sidney Govou (Lyon), David Trezeguet (Juventus), Sylvain Wiltord (Lyon)

anelka back in, hope vieira thuram an trez dont play much

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Capello cursed by call-ups

Friday 4 November, 2005

Channel4.com wrote:

The club versus country row between Juventus and France is showing no sign of abating after Coach Raymond Domenech called up Fabio Capello’s three French stars.

David Trezeguet, Patrick Vieira and Lillian Thuram have all been included for the friendlies against Martinique and Germany on November 9 and 12 respectively.

This latest development is sure to anger Capello, who is loath to send his players to far-flung places for what he considers to be meaningless friendlies.
    Both Vieira and Thuram were injured during their most recent international appearances and missed important matches for their club as a result.

After Domenech visited Capello in Turin last week to discuss their deteriorating relationship, he was hoping for the France Coach to show more consideration of his wishes.

To make matters worse for Don Fabio, the French trio are not the only players that will leave Italy to represent their countries after the weekend.

Juventus are set to lose no fewer than 11 internationals during the next three weeks as national coaches the world over have called upon their most valued players to appear teams in various friendly matches and World Cup qualifiers.

Marcelo Zalayeta and Pavel Nedved will help Uruguay and the Czech Republic bid for a place in next year’s World Cup Finals, while Italy have called up Fabio Cannavaro, Manuele Blasi, Mauro Camoranesi, Alessandro Del Piero and Gianluca Zambrotta for the Azzurri’s games against Holland and the Ivory Coast.

Emerson has also been asked to join the squad to play against the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait to satisfy the demands of intransigent Brazil Coach Carlos Alberto Perreira.

The only players to be spared have been Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has been granted rest time by Sweden and Adrian Mutu, after Romania pulled out of a four-nation friendly tournament in Iran due to the tense political situation there.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Juve, ManU, Chelsea, ARSEnal, Lyon, ...

more and more big clubs are complaining about the friendlies...

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
    wht up with these mickey mouse friendies

First of all, Costa Rica is not a Mickey Mouse team, in fact the game has just ended and the score was France 3 Costa Rica 2, so you can see that we gave France a run for there money

Second of all, the game was for charity reasons, to raise money for the victims of a Airplaine crash in Martinica

And just to relax some people, the only Juve player that played was Thuram, neither Trez or Vieira got to play against us.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    At the post-qualified stage, pulling in marquee players is all about ticket sales and TV revenues. It's either how NT's can make up for some cash or, as Espectro points out, raise money for charity.

Otherwise, coaches tend to opt fielding experimental sides (Abbiati! and Vieri?!?).

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Juventus defender Lilian Thuram says he is only now learning to enjoy his return from international retirement.

The 33-year-old was reluctant to be called up at first and only accepted Coach Raymond Domenech's call out of a sense of duty, but he insists that his attitude has changed in recent times.

"When I first came back into the France team – I mean, when circumstances forced me back into the team – I gave my opinion. I said I'd prefer to stay at home," he explained.

"Either they weren't listening to me or they had faith in me, but they took a risk. It could have unsettled the squad if the players felt I didn't want to be there. So I concentrated on doing the best I could.

"The hardest thing was controlling my mood. That's why I wasn't full of joy when we qualified [for the World Cup]. I was annoyed by everything that had happened. I wanted to go home and get away from it all.

"Little by little, though, I've changed my mind," he added. "I've felt better and I was happy to be involved. I've started enjoying myself and telling myself it would be good to go to the World Cup if I'm not injured."

Thuram puts his change of heart down to the atmosphere within the current squad, and that will reassure fans of Les Bleus who have been concerned by some lacklustre collective performances this year.

"The squad have made the difference for me. I get to play in competitions with my club, and I get to experience pressure there too," he said. "When I came back to the France team, I took my time to really integrate.

"At first, I didn't make any effort at all, but I've understood that I was in the wrong and couldn't behave like that. So I've opened up and got to know the new faces."

The former Monaco centre-back singled out last week's trip to Martinique to face Costa Rica as something of a turning point, and his words will comfort Domenech, who received much criticism from club bosses for organising the venture.

"It's not just this week, it's something I've had to work at for a long time. But let's just say that this week was more important."

If he actually said all that, i find it very disturbing, its disgusting that a player should come out with things like that, when asked to play for your country.
    Then again he is from Guadaloupe so he may not feel French all that much
    It just beggars the question as to why players are allowed to just play for another country and do they actually give their all, if its not really the country they have affiliation with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)