Blatter: No more draws! (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
FIFA CHIEF BLATTER WANTS TO ABOLISH DRAWS

Berlin - "Every match has to have a winner." FIFA chief Joseph Blatter launched a new plan of his today via German press bureau SID to improve football: no more draws.

"We shouldn't leave the stadium when a match finished in a draw, if you play a game, you win or loose. Why should football be any different? We have to have the guts to force a decision!"

Blatter proposes a penalty kick series after 90 minutes to force a decision in a match that ended in a draw. The winner of the penalty kick series will get an extra point next to the point earned in the draw (two points in total) while the losing team keeps that one point. The Swiss chief of FIFA said he's open to changes in the plan.

Source: Voetbal International
Translation by Erik

--------------------------------------

Ludicrous. I already have a problem with penalty kicks after 120 minutes because I feel they aren't part of football AT ALL but this is just insane!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I think it's ridiculous idea too.
They'll be a LOT more PKs in the world of football, which isn't the best part of football.

this'll enourage a team to focus on having good PK takers and good defenders.

It also defeats the purpose of the decision to make a win worth 3 points. if this new rule gets implemented, a team that sits back and defends and hopes for PKs could be so close in points to the teams that fight for a win.

bad idea Blatter...dream up something else.

check out the base of his case:
if you play a game, you win or loose. Why should football be any different?
:howler:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
no more draws is one of the most stupid thing someone has ever thought about football IMO...

i totally disagree,like i totally disagree with our president when he says he wouldn't count the offside.

that's smg i also disagree on.

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    What shocks me the most is that this is the same guy who didn't want to use camera systems for off-side situations because (and I quote) "big changes aren't good for the game."

:undecide:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    this guys is something. man that why we love footbaLL and hate the "american" sports. whats next. a series of best of seven for the cl?

:D

or maybe an Eastern and Western confrences for Europe! ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    There have been too many instances where a team that plays shite has held on for a draw. It would be ridiculous if such teams were to 'win' a match on penalties. Penalties are a dubious way of deciding matches in the first place, no need to make more of them

Jul 28, 2002
    blatter is crazy..simple as that, another fat balding guy wiht more money than brains....sensi's best friend.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I think Blatter has some phsycological problems. Has he had any recent problems with his wife?

This idea is totally rediculous! It will turn football into a constant lottery!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)