Blasi back on the NT and ALEX (4 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
---------------------De Sanctis----------------------
Blasi---------Nesta---------Cannavaro---Grosso

----------------Pirlo-----------Gattuso--------------
Camoranesi----------------------------Zambrotta

-------------------Toni------Del Piero---------------

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Blasi wants midfield role for Italy Tuesday 4 October, 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manuele Blasi’s Juventus career has been revitalised by adopting a full-back position, but he insists he’ll return to midfield duties for the Azzurri.

“Marcello Lippi recalled me to the Italy squad so that I can play in midfield, although I know it’s important to have versatility in different positions,” assured the former Perugia man.

Blasi had been left on the sidelines following the arrival of Patrick Vieira in the summer, but recently Fabio Capello has turned him into an effective right-back.

That change has coincided with Blasi’s return to the Italy set-up for the World Cup qualifiers against Slovenia and Moldova.

“I hope that this double role can bode well for me in the Nazionale as well as at club level. If I am back in the international side, then it is because I have been playing more regularly of late.”

It would not be a new development for the Bianconeri, as Gianluca Zambrotta was transformed from an attacking right winger to one of Italy’s best left-backs during his time in Turin.

“This could prove useful in the future, but I am a midfielder and will stay in the centre of the park. Of course, if Lippi asked me to play as a defender then I would do it, but even there the competition for places is extraordinary.”

channel4.com

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Blasi wants midfield role for Italy Tuesday 4 October, 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manuele Blasi’s Juventus career has been revitalised by adopting a full-back position, but he insists he’ll return to midfield duties for the Azzurri.

“Marcello Lippi recalled me to the Italy squad so that I can play in midfield, although I know it’s important to have versatility in different positions ,” assured the former Perugia man.

Blasi had been left on the sidelines following the arrival of Patrick Vieira in the summer, but recently Fabio Capello has turned him into an effective right-back.

That change has coincided with Blasi’s return to the Italy set-up for the World Cup qualifiers against Slovenia and Moldova.

“I hope that this double role can bode well for me in the Nazionale as well as at club level. If I am back in the international side, then it is because I have been playing more regularly of late.”

It would not be a new development for the Bianconeri, as Gianluca Zambrotta was transformed from an attacking right winger to one of Italy’s best left-backs during his time in Turin.

“This could prove useful in the future, but I am a midfielder and will stay in the centre of the park. Of course, if Lippi asked me to play as a defender then I would do it, but even there the competition for places is extraordinary.”

channel4.com
So all ya have to do is to play sh!tty in two different positions and ppl will start to call ya versatile...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++
---------------------De Sanctis----------------------
Blasi---------Nesta---------Cannavaro---Grosso

----------------Pirlo-----------Gattuso--------------
Camoranesi----------------------------Zambrotta

-------------------Toni------Del Piero---------------
I don't think Grosso and Zambrotta will play at the same time but I would like it to be tested, maybe then we can play Chiellini and Zambrotta at the same time in Juventus.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

So all ya have to do is to play sh!tty in two different positions and ppl will start to call ya versatile...

reallly shittttyy ?
i cant beleive this

i liked the way he played last season in midfield in almost all of the matches.

and now he is playing ok as well in a new position.

its not fair to the manuel.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Blasi could play at right back considering he isn't going to displace Gattuso or Pirlo.

Del Piero won't be starting IMO.
he will be always totti sub

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

I don't think Grosso and Zambrotta will play at the same time but I would like it to be tested, maybe then we can play Chiellini and Zambrotta at the same time in Juventus.
That starting formation is just my wish,because Zambro IMO,can play all lateral positions,but you're probably right this won't happen.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

he will be always totti sub
And why is that? Totti should be deployed as a central attacking midfielder as it is his best position while Del Piero is a support striker. He's competing with the likes of Iaquinta and Cassano for a place in the starting XI, not Totti.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Blasi should realize that he has a much better chance of playing in both Juve and the Italian NT a a right back. His highest priority should be learning how to cross though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)