Blasi back on the NT and ALEX (1 Viewer)

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
Games against Slovenia & Moldavia:

- Goalkeepers: De Sanctis (Udinese), Peruzzi (Lazio).
- Defenders: Bonera (Parma), Cannavaro & Zambrotta (Juventus Turín), Grosso & Zaccardo (Palermo), Materazzi (Inter de Milán), Nesta (Milan).
- Midfielders: Barone (Palermo), Blasi & Camoranesi (Juventus Turín), De Rossi (Roma), Diana (Sampdoria), Gattuso & Pirlo (Milán).
- Strikers: Totti (Roma), Del Piero (Juventus Turín), Gilardino & Vieri (Milán), Iaquinta (Udinese), Luca Toni (Fiorentina)

So is this cause of Blasi´s performance as an RB or does Lippi still see him as Midfielder (as do the media)? Where do you think he should play? I hesitate a little to play him as an RB, but then again this are supossed to be easy games.

BIG QUESTION: Will DP start?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Blasi could play at right back considering he isn't going to displace Gattuso or Pirlo.

Del Piero won't be starting IMO.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
It could be possible that Lippi would field DP and Totti behind Gilardino, but seeing Gila's poor form as of late I think he will use Toni.

Blasi has a good chance of becoming Italy's right back, seeing their constant changing between Bonera, Oddo and Panucci over the last 18 months.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
is cassano still injured btw?:confused:
or are roma simply NOT playing him?
Nah he played against Siena, but becos he signed a new contract rather late and an injury occured later, he only played a few games.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
cassano is playing horrible these last 6 months i dont think he has any chance for the nt even palladino is playing ebtter than him :LOL:

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++
Forza Del Piero!
Glad to see him in NT.
Me, too. :)

Can someone please commit to making these matches (at least the Italy ones ;) ) available as a torrent here?

US gets no coverage, unless you want to spend over $300:down:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso Lou ] ++

Me, too. :)

Can someone please commit to making these matches (at least the Italy ones ;) ) available as a torrent here?

US gets no coverage, unless you want to spend over $300:down:
Sorry Lou,I edited my post because didn't see that I need to answer to lestat's question :Will Del Piero start?":)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Sorry Lou,I edited my post because didn't see that I need to answer to lestat's question :Will Del Piero start?":)
Not a problem, amico mio. Thanks for letting me know. :)

OP
lestat_1987

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    Blasi won't displace Pirlo or Gattuso that's true, so he might be playing as an RB.
    PLESE LIPPI LET DE PIERO START! now is the time to make some "experiments"

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    altough pirlo and gattuso are sucking atm, remember that milan is only playing with maldini kaka and shevcenko this season the other players are really poor.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    If Blasi plays at all I think it should be as a right back. Bonera is average at best and Zaccardo looked shaky in his most recent appearances for the Azzurri. Manuele just isn't good enough to play in midfield for Italy, not with the likes of Pirlo, Gattuso, De Rossi and Barone in the mix.

As for Del Piero, I really don't know. He has the ability to rip apart teams such as Slovenia and Moldova, and against sides who may not be so keen on sending a lot of players forward it can often be that bit of technical genius which Totti and Del Piero possess that makes the difference. However, is it fair to start Alex ahead of Iaquinta or Toni? Definitely not. Ok, DP has performed well when given a chance so far this season but Iaquinta and Toni have been getting the job done for their clubs week in, week out. I suppose it depends on what Lippi wants as DP can provide width, creativity and a deeper outlet, things that Iaquinta and Toni won't give you. If it was up to me Totti and Toni would be sure starters with Del Piero and Iaquinta competing for the final spot in attack.

I wonder if Lippi would be willing to try something like this:

De Sanctis
    Zambrotta - Nesta - Cannavaro - Grosso
    Camoranesi - Pirlo - De Rossi/Gattuso
    Totti
    Toni - Del Piero/Iaquinta

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
    I think Del Piero will start.....
    I think he'll start one of the two games, not sure if he'll be given the nod in both though. If Lippi plays his favourite pupil from the beginning of the first match I suspect he'll do well and keep his place for the next game but I wouldn't be surprised if Marcello goes with Totti, Iaquinta and Toni upfront.

OP
    lestat_1987

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #20
    I´d like to see this happen, just a dream though

De Sanctis
    Zambrotta - Nesta - Cannavaro - Grosso
    Camoranesi - Pirlo - Gattuso
    Totti - Del Piero
    Toni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)