Blaise Matuidi (17 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
But he was starting midfielder for France WC winning squad... I wonder how many more years will this be excuse for him starting matches.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It’s actually torture to watch this guy attempt to control a football. Pure comedy. Hopefully this is his and Khedira’s last seasons with us. Thank you, but no more.
In Serie A, when I just know that I won't enjoy our matches, I started focusing on certain players and follow what they're doing during the match. Tonight I followed Matuidi.
His ball control and passing are indeed pure comedy. His presence everywhere, though, makes it look like we're playing with a man more. It's his engine that makes all the coaches consider this man a sure starter. I'm telling you, he was everywhere. On top of his engine, he's very intelligent and makes incredibly smart runs in offense, while in defense his positioning is immense - always knows who he needs to cover and always predicts where the pass is going. Such a shame that his lack of technique is so shocking.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
In Serie A, when I just know that I won't enjoy our matches, I started focusing on certain players and follow what they're doing during the match. Tonight I followed Matuidi.
His ball control and passing are indeed pure comedy. His presence everywhere, though, makes it look like we're playing with a man more. It's his engine that makes all the coaches consider this man a sure starter. I'm telling you, he was everywhere. On top of his engine, he's very intelligent and makes incredibly smart runs in offense, while in defense his positioning is immense - always knows who he needs to cover and always predicts where the pass is going. Such a shame that his lack of technique is so shocking.
Spot on. That's what makes him so exasperating too. He's soo technically deficient that you wonder how he's even a pro but at the very same time, his engine and work-rate on the pitch is crucial to ensuring everything ticks tactically - especially when you have forwards who don't track back.

The team would need to restructure it's whole midfield to not play Matuidi. Bin playing a deep playing playmaker/regista and player a proper DM there with two CMs next to him...but that would require dipping in the transfer market.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Not great, I like the pressing but we need far more of an attacking threat down the left in a 4-3-1-2. Maybe Costa starting and drifting out there would help him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Again, when the opposition forces him to be an attacking playmaker or move starter he's just really bad. It's an easy tactic to overcome the Juve midfield, to press Pjanic or man mark him.

I think I punched something during one phase where he hopelessly lost the ball, it's so painful to watch. But we shouldn't be in a position where he's trying to dribble players or make key passes, he is a tempo player who breaks play up.

Oct 23, 2011
It's no coincidence that we start being a threat on both sides of the field once he goes off. This is not once, but every single time he gets substributed we just look better on the left-wing. I have immense respect for him to have gotten this far with such limited technical skills, but it should really be enough now.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Never liked him since he signed with us.

All brawl and physical but ill say this everytime.... No matter what is the task of the midfielder, he needs to be technical to help the build up.

If allegri or sarri want a physical midfielder to run after players, then at least find someone technical.

Matudi lack of footballing prowess is hurting juventus.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Never liked him since he signed with us.

All brawl and physical but ill say this everytime.... No matter what is the task of the midfielder, he needs to be technical to help the build up.

If allegri or sarri want a physical midfielder to run after players, then at least find someone technical.

Matudi lack of footballing prowess is hurting juventus.
Allan :numnum:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)