Blaise Matuidi (24 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Hard to hate him because his strengths are so clearly positive but his weaknesses with the ball are just so glaring. He covers half the field and still runs into decent positions and then just... cannot do anything.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Did well going forward but offered absolutely no protection for the defence which cost us in the second half.

His pressing was superb but he needs to know when not to go for the press or chase the ball. Sometimes it is better to take a step back and hold your position. In the second half they had so much space down our left and Lozano had yards of room.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
he miss pass a lot of easy balls. it is just ridiculous to play at top level with this skills.

horrible player. i don't find him starting for serious top team who wants to fight for CL.

enough please !!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Dare I say, he was very impressive today? Probably his best game in a Juve jersey
I remember much better ones..
He applied the pressure well and he ran a lot but he actually does this every game..
I`d be happy to sell him but I really dont understand why a player like Rabiot is being kept on the bench while he clearly is better than Khedira and Matuidi combined..

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I remember much better ones..
He applied the pressure well and he ran a lot but he actually does this every game..
I`d be happy to sell him but I really dont understand why a player like Rabiot is being kept on the bench while he clearly is better than Khedira and Matuidi combined..
Clearly better? How did u come up with that? After one poor half Rabiot had against Parma? After he missed most of last season due to contract disputes? What makes him clearly better in your view? Khedira, like it or not, is miles ahead of Rabiot. Hes our 2nd best midfielder. We fell apart once Sami got tired and came off.

- - - Updated - - -

Matuidi did well last night. I still dont think hes good enough to start but last night he at least had some decent moves.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Rabiot and Khedira are entirely different players. Rabiot is more of Matuidi sub, while Ramsey is for Khedira. Too bad the latter two are injury prone af.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Matuidi is starting because he is ready made - he's fitter and tactically more aware than Rabiot, it's not blindness or some coincidence that we have started the season with tried and trusted players.

Eventually the other players will make their mark.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Matuidi is starting because he is ready made - he's fitter and tactically more aware than Rabiot, it's not blindness or some coincidence that we have started the season with tried and trusted players.

Eventually the other players will make their mark.
Agree. My only concern is how long it will take to implement rabiot and ramsey....can't leave it too late.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Clearly better? How did u come up with that? After one poor half Rabiot had against Parma? After he missed most of last season due to contract disputes? What makes him clearly better in your view? Khedira, like it or not, is miles ahead of Rabiot. Hes our 2nd best midfielder. We fell apart once Sami got tired and came off.

- - - Updated - - -

Matuidi did well last night. I still dont think hes good enough to start but last night he at least had some decent moves.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Rabiot and Khedira are entirely different players. Rabiot is more of Matuidi sub, while Ramsey is for Khedira. Too bad the latter two are injury prone af.
Did you ever watch football?! Rabiot is clearly twice as good as these two combined.. The only reason I see not playing him is not fully adapted but even this is weird now..

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If we the thinking going forward is to keep playing with this intensity going forward then Mautidi will be one of more important players.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Did you ever watch football?! Rabiot is clearly twice as good as these two combined.. The only reason I see not playing him is not fully adapted but even this is weird now..
Dude, ur the one comparing Khedira to Rabiot, apples and orranges. Maybe first get some clue what either is expected to do on the pitch and what their strengths and weaknesses are. What Khedira does for us, no other midfielder is capable in our team.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Dude, ur the one comparing Khedira to Rabiot, apples and orranges. Maybe first get some clue what either is expected to do on the pitch and what their strengths and weaknesses are. What Khedira does for us, no other midfielder is capable in our team.
Khedira and Rabiot are not same type of players but seriously one was brought in and one we tried to get rid of..
Pjanic is the current star of our midfield then there is Rabiot who can contribute a lot but I guess he is deemed as not ready yet and then there is Ramsey who will probably be injured anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

If we the thinking going forward is to keep playing with this intensity going forward then Mautidi will be one of more important players.
Sad but true.. I wish we had a much better midfield.. Matuidi is good at everything that is connected to Stamina but poor at everything else..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He always starts the season well. Then he fases away as his energy fades away, which is his primary asset.
He kills our play, though. So slow on the ball, he really struggles with the quick 1-2's which is where Rabiot/Ramsey/Pjanic/Khedira really pull away in terms of quality and ability to play Sarriball.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
So the player that "wasnt fit to play in Sarri's system", not only stays in the team, starts in the line ups and makes it to the CL list...

Does Paratici and Sarri have even meet???
I don't really have any special attachment to Matuidi but I think his value actually goes up in UCL football. Those matches tend to involve us having less possession, which favours a player like Matuidi as his skill set is more useful (to run and close space). And also there will be situations when you need a defensive midfield sub and he's basically one of the best options you'll find.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Hes not a sub tho thats the problem hes a starter and he kills every attacking play even against napolli in second half he was doing the same. Ronaldos second season here and you have a guy beside him that cant control a pass and runs out play with hes first touch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)