Blaise Matuidi (60 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He scored against Parma, Bologna, & Udinese.

Top tier opposition. Meanwhile, he racked up an astounding 0 goals, 0 assists in CL playing 9 matches, 8 as a starter.

Like I said, hope Matuidi makes me eat humble pie and proves me wrong. I also hope the Napoli game wasn't a fluke and Sarri has a solid plan for him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
are we debating matuidi's value by his goals and assists now?

how about his hair style, his taste in cars or who his favorite contestant on the bachelor is...you know while we're discussing things relevant to why matuidi plays.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He scored against Parma, Bologna, & Udinese.

Top tier opposition. Meanwhile, he racked up an astounding 0 goals, 0 assists in CL playing 9 matches, 8 as a starter.

Like I said, hope Matuidi makes me eat humble pie and proves me wrong. I also hope the Napoli game wasn't a fluke and Sarri has a solid plan for him.
goals and assist aren't stats we should concern ourselves with when it comes to matuidi, I'd be more interested to know what his pass completion rate is and ball recovery, frankly I think he is so technically deficient it's impossible to see how he even fits in this system, at least in Sarri's chelsea, Kante has more ability on the ball than Matuidi does and generally doesn't make half as many stupid decisions

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
goals and assist aren't stats we should concern ourselves with when it comes to matuidi, I'd be more interested to know what his pass completion rate is and ball recovery, frankly I think he is so technically deficient it's impossible to see how he even fits in this system, at least in Sarri's chelsea, Kante has more ability on the ball than Matuidi does and generally doesn't make half as many stupid decisions
HIs pass completion is fine, not the worst from our CMs. People can draw their own conclusions from that. (i.e. "sideways passes" lol)

For a CM, his passing is fine but its almost always back or lateral, rarely forward. My biggest issue is what he does with our offense on a counters or around the box, he makes it very difficult to produce anything. I'm happy he made me chew my words vs Napoli, I hope he keeps it up.

- - - Updated - - -

are we debating matuidi's value by his goals and assists now?

how about his hair style, his taste in cars or who his favorite contestant on the bachelor is...you know while we're discussing things relevant to why matuidi plays.
I didn't bring it up.

My worry is the Napoli game is a one off...can he contribute more going forward or is he going to kill it like he often does. I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if he brings solid consistency that isn't ONLY running.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
HIs pass completion is fine, not the worst from our CMs. People can draw their own conclusions from that. (i.e. "sideways passes" lol)

For a CM, his passing is fine but its almost always back or lateral, rarely forward. My biggest issue is what he does with our offense on a counters or around the box, he makes it very difficult to produce anything. I'm happy he made me chew my words vs Napoli, I hope he keeps it up.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't bring it up.

My worry is the Napoli game is a one off...can he contribute more going forward or is he going to kill it like he often does. I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if he brings solid consistency that isn't ONLY running.
Personally I wish Bentancur would be given a shot, I think he's a far better fit than matuidi

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Sarris comments yesterday just add fuel to my post that the club and manager think that Matuidi must play beside Ronaldo to give him freedom upfront. I really dont see him dropping out of the starting 11 sadly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)