Blaise Matuidi (5 Viewers)

Apr 17, 2013
Underrated player. Football isn't all about what you do with the ball at your feet. Actually in the end it's quite a small part.
Vidal vs Matuidi. 2 warriors but they don't do the same job. How to accept as a supporter to move from a player as talented as the Chilean to Matuidi and satisfy ? It's ok Matuidi run, but the downgrade is too important.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Vidal vs Matuidi. 2 warriors but they don't do the same job. How to accept as a supporter to move from a player as talented as the Chilean to Matuidi and satisfy ? It's ok Matuidi run, but the downgrade is too important.
Yep of course having someone like Vidal would be ideal. Not many if any like prime Vidal around sadly.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Hes not underrated everyone knows what he does but he plays in a postion where hes on the ball alot in attacking areas and if ur not good with ur feet then he shouldnt be there.
This. He's an Excellent ball winner. You need more from your Left and right CMs in our set up otherwise as we see every week our attack is isolated as fuck and you end up playing too heavily through your wide players to compensate.

I think it's insane how we haven't tried Pjanic LCM Matuidi holding. This is why I want a fresh manager. There's no reason we can't be trying this even now with nothing to play for.

And I'm not accepting "oh Allegri trains them he knows they can't perform those roles" BS

Pjanic made a name for himself in a more advanced role and Matuidi has played in less forward thinking roles for the best national team in the world.

Jun 6, 2015
Matuidi isn't a holding midfielder. He has almost none of the characteristics (calmness on the ball, good decision making, passing ability) you want from a player playing in that position. You either use him as a box-to-box player making runs into the box or you don't use him at all. His best assets are running and his willingness to get back to defend. It's completely fine to not appreciate these kind of players (many nowadays don't). However that doesn't mean he is a bad player.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He also doesn't have any of the attacking qualities for a B2B any more so either way I'd prefer him as a pure destroyer or to just be sold. He didn't cut it this season at all. Clearly we need our LCM to contribute to our attacks and he just physically can not do anything useful with any consistency.

Jun 6, 2015
He also doesn't have any of the attacking qualities for a B2B any more so either way I'd prefer him as a pure destroyer or to just be sold. He didn't cut it this season at all. Clearly we need our LCM to contribute to our attacks and he just physically can not do anything useful with any consistency.
That's fair enough.

Ramsey is the type of player that will run and help in defense but also has more quality in the final third. Will be interesting to see how we utilize him.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
He's better as a midfield 2 DM than he is box2box midfielder. I hope that next coach sees Emre Can and Matudi as a DM destroyer rather than box2box and moves Pjanic forward

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I love him to death but this is it. Either he transitions to the bench and plays the role of Barzagli from 2015 when we brought him on only to close the game or we have to sell him if he's not ok with that. I'd bet a pretty substantial amount that a pretty substantial percentage of why Sandro struggles so much for periods of time is he has to 'combine' with Blaise to open space. No one is guarding him and Sandro never has an opportunity to run into open space like fullbacks should because the defense is just sitting deep and ignoring Matuidi.
That could possibly be a reason in part of sandros decline

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Really great asset to have when used in the right system. He's looked better for France recently than with us unfortunately. If there's any truth to the Rabiot rumours do you think we'll keep Blaise too? Khedira is done at high level and other than Can we'd be left without a decent ball winner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)