Blaise Matuidi (28 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I came here to see this.

should stay in front of the defense with another guy. let the other try to attack.
probelm is, his strengths dont lie there either. hes at his best when the opponents have the ball and he is allowed to chase them around. anything else is not something he can play at the highest level imo

yuvay

Apr 2, 2018
no chemistry, playing scared, never had the confidence to win this game, i felt it from the start, i love Juve, my heart and my team forever, but today, they deserved to loose, they need to learn, and improve, or this season is pretty much over, nobody cared about the seria a title honestly, we all want champions league.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
probelm is, his strengths dont lie there either. hes at his best when the opponents have the ball and he is allowed to chase them around. anything else is not something he can play at the highest level imo
Well like I said a week ago. At least play him on the right side, away from Ronaldo. Matuidi can't play with the ball on his comfortable side so what does it matter? Imagine playing this guy beside Ronaldo.

And Matuidi is absolutely consistent with what he brings to the match. Today he was exactly what he always is. Had a strong game tactically and ran his ass off. Fucked up a couple balls in the final 3rd. It's really easy to use a player that is completely consistent and predictable but I really can't see how you can play him beside Ronaldo.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well like I said a week ago. At least play him on the right side, away from Ronaldo. Matuidi can't play with the ball on his comfortable side so what does it matter? Imagine playing this guy beside Ronaldo.

And Matuidi is absolutely consistent with what he brings to the match. Today he was exactly what he always is. Had a strong game tactically and ran his ass off. Fucked up a couple balls in the final 3rd. It's really easy to use a player that is completely consistent and predictable but I really can't see how you can play him beside Ronaldo.
what is his outside shot like, that might be the only thing to justify trying him there for me if hes decent at shooting. imo, you dont lose much defendively by switching him to the other side, but you go from a 60 offensive player to a 10 offensive player. atleast on the left he can create something down the touchline, but youre right, Ronaldo needs a better technical player behind him

- - - Updated - - -

and from my knowledge, no coach so far in his career ever tried him there. DD even switched far superior Pogba to the right side just to fit Blaise in. im not sure its that easy

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
what is his outside shot like, that might be the only thing to justify trying him there for me if hes decent at shooting. imo, you dont lose much defendively by switching him to the other side, but you go from a 60 offensive player to a 10 offensive player. atleast on the left he can create something down the touchline, but youre right, Ronaldo needs a better technical player behind him

- - - Updated - - -

and from my knowledge, no coach so far in his career ever tried him there. DD even switched far superior Pogba to the right side just to fit Blaise in. im not sure its that easy
Ya but he has never played beside a guy like Ronaldo. So his negative attributes have never been so pronounced and disadvantageous to his team. If he plays LCM beside Malouda or something, fine how much damage can he do? They probably play on the right a lot more in that case.

But you have Ronaldo. The ball is going to Ronaldo and every time his support is Matuidi. It's just not smart in my opinion.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeh. CR7 cannot even dare to try complicated things because matuidi will struggle so much.

On the other hand, matuidi cannot make space for ronaldo because he just simply cant attack.

Is a loophole-

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
lol what a hee-haw first touch this guy has.

Would you rather lose his work-rate and have a more capable CM or keep him in the lineup?

pls discuss

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Wasnt he fine at World cup? One of the problems imo is that for France and Psg he played center. For Juve he is pushed wide left. His not a winger.

Think about it. His supposed to be the dm to do the dirty work in center. Instead push forward wide left and then we say here Bentancur is useless. Noone in center does the dirty work/ball winner/tackler.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Genuinely think my touch was better than this guys when I played football at fucking lunchtime back in the day. Not because I was great but because he's fucking awful. Looks like a drunk dad trying to toe punt a plastic ball at the family BBQ

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The deeper problem is that whilst everyone was jerking off to Marotta for the last few years he quietly destroyed a top 3-4 midfield of the last era and left us with one so shit that Matuidi and Bentancur literally have to start in because it's now a midfield I'd probably say is something I'd expect a Lazio side to have. In fact I'd take their midfield atm.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yup.

After vidal and pogba left, marotta was left for death. Done and dusted. His luck ran out.

Now our go to guy is khedira. Thats how low we are.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
yeh. CR7 cannot even dare to try complicated things because matuidi will struggle so much.

On the other hand, matuidi cannot make space for ronaldo because he just simply cant attack.

Is a loophole-
Not just Matuidi. We play Ronaldo with Mandzukic as well. Another guy with a horrendous technique and a shockingly low pass accuracy.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The deeper problem is that whilst everyone was jerking off to Marotta for the last few years he quietly destroyed a top 3-4 midfield of the last era and left us with one so shit that Matuidi and Bentancur literally have to start in because it's now a midfield I'd probably say is something I'd expect a Lazio side to have. In fact I'd take their midfield atm.
The worrying thing is not that Barca and Real have a better midfield than us. The big worry is that teams smaller than us, with less resources than us have assembled a better midfield.

Our midfield scouting is abysmal. We can't spot talented mid if our life depended on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)