Blaise Matuidi (16 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
And do tell me why do we must even entertain the possibility of conceding the play to tottenham and counter?

Why can't we simply bully tottenham and force them to concede the play as we are the top team and the better team?

Don't you see the paradox?

Psychologically, when we concede the play, we do look like a pretender who couldn't back the status of a top team.

After all the general consensus is that the better team would be the one dictating the play while the worse one concede it.
We adapt our style of play based on the opponent we are playing. How is that so hard to understand?

Tottenham is gonna be the most dangerous when given space, so we sit deep and counter them, taking away their biggest strength.

But no, let's make the game and pressure them like crazy, running into counters ourselfs...

The prideful Pep disease still spreading it seems: Must play beautiful. Must control possession. Must not adapt - even though it would make your game way easier, It's a sign of weakness.
I alpha male. I not adapt. I stronK.

Such bullshit. Tactics are there to give you an advantage over your opponent. We know what they are good at, so let's adapt, no?

Nahhh...let's just go and "bully them" :howler:

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Pfft only pussies like Allegri adapt their gameplan to how other teams play. We should just go out and bully them.

Even if we lose and go out in the round of 16 at least we can look back months from now and remember all that possession :tuttosport:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
And do tell me why do we must even entertain the possibility of conceding the play to tottenham and counter?

Why can't we simply bully tottenham and force them to concede the play as we are the top team and the better team?

Don't you see the paradox?

Psychologically, when we concede the play, we do look like a pretender who couldn't back the status of a top team.

After all the general consensus is that the better team would be the one dictating the play while the worse one concede it.
Maybe that's the general consensus in Catalonia, but globally football is still decided by goals scored not possession kept. In my eyes the better team would be the one winning the game while the worse one would lose it. :baus:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
We adapt our style of play based on the opponent we are playing. How is that so hard to understand?

Tottenham is gonna be the most dangerous when given space, so we sit deep and counter them, taking away their biggest strength.

But no, let's make the game and pressure them like crazy, running into counters ourselfs...

The prideful Pep disease still spreading it seems: Must play beautiful. Must control possession. Must not adapt - even though it would make your game way easier, It's a sign of weakness.
I alpha male. I not adapt. I stronK.

Such bull$#@!. Tactics are there to give you an advantage over your opponent. We know what they are good at, so let's adapt, no?

Nahhh...let's just go and "bully them" :howler:

This. :tup:

Maybe that's the general consensus in Catalonia, but globally football is still decided by goals scored not possession kept. In my eyes the better team would be the one winning the game while the worse one would lose it. :baus:
Exactly. :agree: :tup:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Valid point. But for how long will we do this ? Are we going to sit deep and let them dictate play in Juventus Stadium? we need to bring something to the table.

We lost to Bayern trying to play the same way, im not sure its ideal when we finish at their ground. Tottenham will eventually punish us if we try to turtle our way to the next stage like pussies
I don't want to leave initiative to Tottenham. Rather just want us to outsmart them thru clever and controlled attacking, leaving little room for Tottenham to hits us on counter attacks or direct balls behind our backline. Real Madrid failed that and that's the biggest reason why they lost. Zidane seemed clueless about Tottenham's strengths. We attack their defense when it is exposed; often it's three defenders (two centre-backs and a outer back) and Dier that is left behind when Tottenham attacks. Strike when opportune, control when needed. Let Tottenham face our strongest asset and force them to open our defense on the ball instead of off the ball.

I mean who in their right mind would want our defenders and midfielders in a gung-ho running competition against Tottenham?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We have a better team even with the injuries we have right now. We have the experience as well. Allegri is smarter and will take advantage of our strengths.

If marchisio is available he needs to start...he adds so much to our midfield.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
5675561]I don't want to leave initiative to Tottenham. Rather just want us to outsmart them thru clever and controlled attacking, leaving little room for Tottenham to hits us on counter attacks or direct balls behind our backline[/B]. Real Madrid failed that and that's the biggest reason why they lost. Zidane seemed clueless about Tottenham's strengths. We attack their defense when it is exposed; often it's three defenders (two centre-backs and a outer back) and Dier that is left behind when Tottenham attacks. Strike when opportune, control when needed. Let Tottenham face our strongest asset and force them to open our defense on the ball instead of off the ball.

I mean who in their right mind would want our defenders and midfielders in a gung-ho running competition against Tottenham?
Agree. if we face them with composure, focus and grinta , i am confident we will advance to next stage. I also understand that being tactically adaptable is needed in this match up, as Spurs loves attacking on the counter with pace, and often by playing quick, fast paced plays.

I still think Matuidi would do great chasing down second balls, provocing errors etc, i really feel he excels against these types of teams.

I just hope we keep playing and stay proud on that pitch. Apart from the 7-0 game last week, I have to admit a lot of our displays has looked kind of "uninspired" which is very understandable given the lack of real challenge in Serie A.

Spurs however, is an opponent that should wake the players up and bring out the best in them.

Excited for the game.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
https://mobile.twitter.com/juventus...w&ref_url=https://bleacherreport.com/juventus

Training with the first team again. Looks to be back

- - - Updated - - -

Blaise Matuidi returned to group training for today's session dedicated to fitness, ball possession and a warm-up game.

Mattia De Sciglio did not take part in the workout after picking up a knock to his left thigh during the derby: after today’s initial tests, the full-back will undergo further check-ups over the coming days.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/juventus...w&ref_url=https://bleacherreport.com/juventus

Training with the first team again. Looks to be back

- - - Updated - - -

Blaise Matuidi returned to group training for today's session dedicated to fitness, ball possession and a warm-up game.

Mattia De Sciglio did not take part in the workout after picking up a knock to his left thigh during the derby: after today’s initial tests, the full-back will undergo further check-ups over the coming days.
He's looking at Folletti in that photo isn't he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)