Blaise Matuidi (118 Viewers)

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
No one. 'cause that would be a losing strategy. We need to shut down space thru tactics and organisation leaving little room between our backline and midfielders. Eriksen is the only one who is good "on the ball" together with Dembele. If Eriksen is forced to move outside to get space, he won't be a threat. Even with Matuidi we would never win a "running competition" against Tottenham. The pace and movement of the front four with Dembele is their biggest strength.
Valid point. But for how long will we do this ? Are we going to sit deep and let them dictate play in Juventus Stadium? we need to bring something to the table.

We lost to Bayern trying to play the same way, im not sure its ideal when we finish at their ground. Tottenham will eventually punish us if we try to turtle our way to the next stage like pussies

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
The juventus paradox

We have one of the best squad and squad depth in europe
We have the best defense in the world
We have so much grinta
We don't need flair and fancy

And yet

We are shitting bricks against mighty tottenham
We are likely to hunker down against tottenham at home even with fully fit squad

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The juventus paradox

We have so much grinta

And yet

We are likely to hunker down against tottenham at home even with fully fit squad
Who does?

We are missing important players, which won't make it easier, to point that out doesn't mean we're shitting bricks.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The juventus paradox

We have so much grinta

And yet

No one is shitting bricks about Tottenham except you.

We absolutely should sit deep against Tottenham and counter attack because it makes sense. Tottenham are pretty strong right now but they aren't different than most other English teams. Their strength in attacking is primarily physical, speed and strength. If we sit deep and keep the midfield compact we can shut down their on form attackers from linking up.

Tottenham is on good form but they aren't Barca. They aren't technical enough to just to play through us if we are set up correctly, limit space to move into, and can keep our heads. Tottenham will likely dominate possession but I predict they will create few real chances and will probably be reduced to hoofing the ball into the box and hoping which, against our CBs, isn't going to work. Nobody is going to be able to rely on outmuscling or winning ariel duels against Benatia and Chiellini.

Tottenham also plays a high line allowing us to devastate them on the counter with Costa's pace and excellence. Higuain is definitely meh but hopefully his recent hattrick is a sign of growing form and confidence.

I absolutely expect us to have minimum possession, fewer shots and clam up tighter than a crabs asshole but I think, playing this manner, provides our best chance against Tottenham and I favor us to win. I expect Tottenham really won't be able to create much of anything and we will win (not extravagantly but) somewhat comfortably over two legs but of course you and the rest of the usual morons wont see beyond possession %, desperate long shots and tottenham dumping aimless crosses into the box and will view that as Tottenham somehow dominating the game. You will claim we got lucky, that Allegri played "pussy football", that we were scared and that Allegri can't coordinate an offense.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

We absolutely should sit deep against Tottenham and counter attack because it makes sense. Tottenham are pretty strong right now but they aren't different than most other English teams. Their strength in attacking is primarily physical, speed and strength. If we sit deep and keep the midfield compact we can shut down their on form attackers from linking up.

Tottenham is on good form but they aren't Barca. They aren't technical enough to just to play through us if we are set up correctly, limit space to move into, and can keep our heads. Tottenham will likely dominate possession but I predict they will create few real chances and will probably be reduced to hoofing the ball into the box and hoping which, against our CBs, isn't going to work. Nobody is going to be able to rely on outmuscling or winning ariel duels against Benatia and Chiellini.

Tottenham also plays a high line allowing us to devastate them on the counter with Costa's pace and excellence. Higuain is definitely meh but hopefully his recent hattrick is a sign of growing form and confidence.

I absolutely expect us to have minimum possession, fewer shots and clam up tighter than a crabs asshole but I think, playing this manner, provides our best chance against Tottenham and I favor us to win. I expect Tottenham really won't be able to create much of anything and we will win (not extravagantly but) somewhat comfortably over two legs but of course you and the rest of the usual morons wont see beyond possession %, desperate long shots and tottenham dumping aimless crosses into the box and will view that as Tottenham somehow dominating the game. You will claim we got lucky, that Allegri played "pussy football", that we were scared and that Allegri can't coordinate an offense.
I agree with mostly everything you say there except there's one major flaw...

I absolutely expect us to have minimum possession, fewer shots and clam up tighter than a crabs asshole but I think, playing this manner, provides our best chance against Tottenham and I favor us to win. I expect Tottenham really won't be able to create much of anything and we will win (not extravagantly but) somewhat comfortably over two legs but of course you and the rest of the usual morons wont see beyond possession %, desperate long shots and tottenham dumping aimless crosses into the box and will view that as Tottenham somehow dominating the game. You will claim we got lucky, that Allegri played "pussy football", that we were scared and that Allegri can't coordinate an offense

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

No one is $#@!ting bricks about Tottenham except you.

I absolutely expect us to have minimum possession, fewer shots and clam up tighter than a crabs asshole but I think, playing this manner, provides our best chance against Tottenham and I favor us to win. I expect Tottenham really won't be able to create much of anything and we will win (not extravagantly but) somewhat comfortably over two legs but of course you and the rest of the usual morons wont see beyond possession %, desperate long shots and tottenham dumping aimless crosses into the box and will view that as Tottenham somehow dominating the game. You will claim we got lucky, that Allegri played "pussy football", that we were scared and that Allegri can't coordinate an offense
And do tell me why do we must even entertain the possibility of conceding the play to tottenham and counter?

Why can't we simply bully tottenham and force them to concede the play as we are the top team and the better team?

Don't you see the paradox?

Psychologically, when we concede the play, we do look like a pretender who couldn't back the status of a top team.

After all the general consensus is that the better team would be the one dictating the play while the worse one concede it.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
And do tell me why do we must even entertain the possibility of conceding the play to tottenham and counter?

Why can't we simply bully tottenham and force them to concede the play as we are the top team and the better team?

Psychologically, when we concede the play, we do look like a pretender who couldn't back the status of a top team.

After all the general consensus is that the better team would be the one dictating the play while the worse one concede it.
Sorry but that's bullshit.

Firstly, do tell me why do we must even entertain the possibility of conceding the play to tottenham and counter?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
[video=gifv;Kl9Lzcw]https://i.imgur.com/Kl9Lzcw.mp4[/video]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)