Blaise Matuidi (13 Viewers)

Jul 13, 2010
Why didn't we get him when he was younger?
the funny thing is how kneejerking this forum members can be. Some were mad about Costa, most was mad about Matuidi. Then most was excited about Berna and mad about Emre Can.

Now Costa and Matuidi beasting, Berna not too special and Can is wanted here like Vidal was.

I'd rather wait to see the player in action here and only then post shit/praise them. But I guess that's how they keep em post count high hah.

Oh and the latest example is Sandro - people voting him to be shipped off, as if he is grygera or what. He is the best LB/LWB in serie a without any doubt and top 5 in the world easily, and they think its possible to replace him with some 50mils? Its impossible.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
the funny thing is how kneejerking this forum members can be. Some were mad about Costa, most was mad about Matuidi. Then most was excited about Berna and mad about Emre Can.

Now Costa and Matuidi beasting, Berna not too special and Can is wanted here like Vidal was.

I'd rather wait to see the player in action here and only then post shit/praise them. But I guess that's how they keep em post count high hah.

Oh and the latest example is Sandro - people voting him to be shipped off, as if he is grygera or what. He is the best LB/LWB in serie a without any doubt and top 5 in the world easily, and they think its possible to replace him with some 50mils? Its impossible.
pls, hardly anyone was mad about Matuidi. Most were mad about some of de Sciglio, Sczcesny, Benatia, Costa or Berna, but Matuidi, Bentancur and Howedes were largely seen as great deals from Morata

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
with DC, the problem was always his wages and fee. while i think 46M is justified when looking at current prices, 6M in wages for him is a bit too much. hes the 3rd highest paid player after Higuain and Dybala on the team, more than Pjanic and Mandzukic for example. whether thats justified is yet to be seen, but i have my doubts

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
with DC, the problem was always his wages and fee. while i think 46M is justified when looking at current prices, 6M in wages for him is a bit too much. hes the 3rd highest paid player after Higuain and Dybala on the team, more than Pjanic and Mandzukic for example. whether thats justified is yet to be seen, but i have my doubts
bayern really screwed us on that

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I was one of the haters in the summer, but I'm actually positively surprised about his ability to defend, never thought he'd be able to defend as well as he did against Napoli, basically another Cuadrado. It was not cheap, but we actually got ourselves a very good two way player.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I was one of the haters in the summer, but I'm actually positively surprised about his ability to defend, never thought he'd be able to defend as well as he did against Napoli, basically another Cuadrado. It was not cheap, but we actually got ourselves a very good two way player.
? His defensive work in midfield is and was always his main strength. I’m surprised at how decent he is on the ball. Not a bad passer (the off exception of course) of the ball at all.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
bayern really screwed us on that
lets wait on that a bit. he could have a Robben/di Maria esque CL campaign and win it for us finally. wont be the 1st player to explode in the 2nd half of the season under Max

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, looks to be a great Cuads replacement long term, but the wages still bother me. might force us to raise the wages of others more than we would like to, or sell them if we are unable to

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And i still don't understand why we got him now. It's not like PSG are drowning in good midfielders.
FFP reasons after the Neymar and Mbappe deals, they need to sell to balance the books. They’ll be shedding a lot of deadweight over the next couple of transfer windows. Not that I think Matuidi was dead weight for them, but he was on the final year of his contract and wanted out.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I understand, but the Matuidi money Looks like a drop in the bucket compared to what they've spent.
Cause he was on the last year of his contract. If they had known they were gonna splash so much money on both Neymar/Mbappe a year earlier, they probably would have sold Matuidi to us for a higher price. Imo anyway.

Deleted member 2609

He's been an absolute colossus :beer:

Jan 5, 2007
Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi said he “experienced racism” against Cagliari. “Weak people try to intimidate with hate.”

The Bianconeri earned a 1-0 victory at the Sardegna Arena, but Matuidi seemed very agitated at one point.

He later explained via a Facebook post what had happened.

“Thanks for all your messages.

“Today I experienced racism during the match. Weak people try to intimidate with hate. I am not a hater and can only be sorry for those who set bad examples.

“Football is a way to spread equality, passion and inspiration and this is what I am here for. Peace.”

Unfortunately, this is not the first time there has been an incident of racism in a Cagliari home game.

In May 2017, Pescara midfielder Sulley Muntari complained to the referee about racist insults coming from Cagliari fans and was booked.

He then moved to leave the pitch and speak to those responsible for the abuse, as he was stunned to see some of it was coming from a child, when the referee sent him off.

Seriously wtf with those people, i hope they send them back to seria b or lower, such things should not be in seria a.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)