Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Reports say that they want 25-30mln for him.

Then again, same reports say that we won't offer more than 15mln euros.
I doubt we'll offer more than €20m for him, and that would be a late panic :D

Experienced CM?

Nainggolan
Kroos
========
Matuidi
Rakitic
Moutinho

Two unobtainable players, best of the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

His contract expires next year and he is not necessarily an upgrade over Marchisio and Khedira.
He isn't but he's not meant to be, you want an upgrade on those players and you pay €40m+. Matuidi is a completely different player for a different role.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I doubt we'll offer more than €20m for him, and that would be a late panic :D

Experienced CM?

Nainggolan
Kroos
========
Matuidi
Rakitic
Moutinho

Two unobtainable players, best of the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't but he's not meant to be, you want an upgrade on those players and you pay €40m+. Matuidi is a completely different player for a different role.
N'Zonzi can be placed there.

Dunno why but I see us getting Matuidi 99%. It's just my guess. I don't even think we're considering Can or others.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Another one of those meh transfers. I don't understand why a CL Finalist two of the past 3 seasons can't actually do better than a Matuidi. We should be shopping at the gourmet market, maybe not purchasing top of the line products, but we shouldn't be rummaging through the garbage disposal unit either.

Is Matuidi really the best we can do? We're probably gonna offer him a 4 year contract as well, so we'll be stuck with him well past his sell by date, as he has no resale value.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Dragging on whilst they complete Neymar's transfer. Once that's sorted, and they need to start clearing their books, Blaise will be on a plane to Italy!

- - - Updated - - -

Another one of those meh transfers. I don't understand why a CL Finalist two of the past 3 seasons can't actually do better than a Matuidi. We should be shopping at the gourmet market, maybe not purchasing top of the line products, but we shouldn't be rummaging through the garbage disposal unit either.

Is Matuidi really the best we can do? We're probably gonna offer him a 4 year contract as well, so we'll be stuck with him well past his sell by date, as he has no resale value.
Beppe hellbent on the CM being experienced rather than one that is young/up and coming.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Depends how much of our budget we are putting towards a CM. If we were putting €50m to it then maybe we'd start talking about random players (I can't think of any in that range tbh, only those more expensive). We aren't putting €60m-€80m to a CM, that is obvious (barring a big surprise). So who from this "gourmet market" would we buy?

Matuidi isn't garbage but I think this all falls on deaf ears at this point. We're looking for a certain type of player, not a replacement or "upgrade", the favourite term here. Would Matic for €45m have improved on what we have? No, but improves on what we don't have. What we don't have is a physical CM.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Dragging on whilst they complete Neymar's transfer. Once that's sorted, and they need to start clearing their books, Blaise will be on a plane to Italy!

- - - Updated - - -

Beppe hellbent on the CM being experienced rather than one that is young/up and coming.
Then go for Nzonzi or Pereira from Porto. I believe both can be had for 40 million (Porto are in financial ruin), and they possess experience, especially in the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends how much of our budget we are putting towards a CM. If we were putting €50m to it then maybe we'd start talking about random players (I can't think of any in that range tbh, only those more expensive). We aren't putting €60m-€80m to a CM, that is obvious (barring a big surprise). So who from this "gourmet market" would we buy?

Matuidi isn't garbage but I think this all falls on deaf ears at this point. We're looking for a certain type of player, not a replacement or "upgrade", the favourite term here. Would Matic for €45m have improved on what we have? No, but improves on what we don't have. What we don't have is a physical CM.
I want us to go for SMS, but I think that'll happen next season when Khedira leaves. As for this season, we should try for Nzonzi or Pereira from Porto. I guess since we are looking for experienced mids, others interesting names, who happen to be younger, are definitely out of the question at this point.

A midfield of Marchisio, Pjanic, Nzonzi/Pereira, Bentancur, and SMS to start the 2018-2019 season would definitely be something to smile about.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I want us to go for SMS, but I think that'll happen next season when Khedira leaves. As for this season, we should try for Nzonzi or Pereira from Porto. I guess since we are looking for experienced mids, others interesting names, who happen to be younger, are definitely out of the question at this point.

A midfield of Marchisio, Pjanic, Nzonzi/Pereira, Bentancur, and SMS to start the 2018-2019 season would definitely be something to smile about.
I still have a feeling we'll be surprised by somebody because I think PSG won't sell us Matuidi in the end. I know why we're going for Matuidi, but I can also see the longer-term thinking.

Where would you put SMS, instead of Khedira?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I still have a feeling we'll be surprised by somebody because I think PSG won't sell us Matuidi in the end. I know why we're going for Matuidi, but I can also see the longer-term thinking.

Where would you put SMS, instead of Khedira?
I'd rotate SMS with Marchisio next season, and then when Bentancur is ready, he can rotate with Pjanic. We might even deploy a midfield 3 at times; it makes us versatile and unpredictable.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Lets say we buy him for 20 mil
Salary 5m per year
For 3 years
Leaves for free in 3 years
Thats 35mil u paying for matuidi and benching youngsters like bentancur and mandragora

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd rotate SMS with Marchisio next season, and then when Bentancur is ready, he can rotate with Pjanic. We might even deploy a midfield 3 at times; it makes us versatile and unpredictable.
Personally I don't see SMS like Marchisio, well not the more recent Marchisio, he needs to be more box-to-box or at least get into better attacking positions.

The team does look like it might revert to a 4-3-3 for spells though, especially if something happens....

- - - Updated - - -

Lets say we buy him for 20 mil
Salary 5m per year
For 3 years
Leaves for free in 3 years
Thats 35mil u paying for matuidi and benching youngsters like bentancur and mandragora
Are you suggesting those two kids are currently the same level as Matuidi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)